ZTE Skate TPTs

Guest Amphoras

Guest JThumar

V5 mate not CWM entirely.......without that how will i survive.......can you help me how you reverted from 5 back to 4 ?

Followed ur tutorial and back to 4......i hate 5

Why would you want to get rid of clockworkmod? You can download the package from my tutorial it has clockworkmod 4.0.1.5.

Edited by JThumar

• 2 weeks later...
Guest monographix

- how can i tell which partition layout my phone has ?

- can i download the "v2a" TPT to PC -> sdcard and have TPT Helper applying it ? (is there a download link for "V2a" ?)

- which partition layout is advisable for Atomic R8 ?

I am total noob, just got my first ever smartphone, an Orange Monte Carlo that came with Atomic 2.5 and CWM 4014 and managed to update the CWM to 5, and now want to make sure it has a decent memory partition layout or if not then to modify it acordingly and install / update to Atomic R8

Edited by monographix

Guest Amphoras

- how can i tell which partition layout my phone has ?

- can i download the "v2a" TPT to PC -> sdcard and have TPT Helper applying it ? (is there a download link for "V2a" ?)

- which partition layout is advisable for Atomic R8 ?

I am total noob, just got my first ever smartphone, an Orange Monte Carlo that came with Atomic 2.5 and CWM 4014 and managed to update the CWM to 5, and now want to make sure it has a decent memory partition layout or if not then to modify it acordingly and install / update to Atomic R8

If you type "df" in the terminal emulator app, it will tell you the sizes of the partitions there.

Yes, you can download it to your PC first then use TPT Helper to flash it. If you want, you can download it directly from TPT Helper.

I don't know how much space that one takes up sorry. Someone else might be able to answer, or you could ask in the thread for it and someone there might know.

If you use one of these TPTs, it will put you back to CWM 4.0.1.4, so you'll need to update to v5 again afterwards.

Guest monographix

Thank you Amphoras smile.gif

The report i get is on the attached screenshot, i am not sure i am figuring out correctly the layout

- what is the difference between "option 2" here (http://android.modaco.com/topic/348776-zte-skate-tpts/) and the "V2a" ?

- What is the procedure to point the TPT Helper to load the layout from the SD card instead of downloading it ?

- What are the benefits of changing the partition layout and does it indeed offer in RL performance improvements ?

post-954199-0-69707500-1330857525_thumb.

Guest Amphoras

Thank you Amphoras smile.gif

The report i get is on the attached screenshot, i am not sure i am figuring out correctly the layout

- what is the difference between "option 2" here (http://android.modac...zte-skate-tpts/) and the "V2a" ?

- What is the procedure to point the TPT Helper to load the layout from the SD card instead of downloading it ?

- What are the benefits of changing the partition layout and does it indeed offer in RL performance improvements ?

From that screenshot, you have the stock layout.

Option 2 and v2a are exactly the same. I just changed the name in the app to keep it similar to the other TPTs for the Blade etc.

To use the TPT with a different name, just choose the check md5sum option, choose other, and then type in the name of the file.

Then if it matches the value listed in the thread, choose the unzip option, other, and again type in the name.

Once it is unzipped, go to Check the image directory and make sure it says everything matches.

After that you can click the Start TPT button, or start it manually by turning off the phone, then turning it back on again holding vol+ and menu.

You should see the green text on the screen, then your phone should boot into recovery. Once there you can flash your new rom.

Remember that using any of the TPTs will wipe all your data and your current rom. Make sure to backup anything you want to keep before you start.

The benefits are that you get more space for your apps. If you look at your screenshot, there is 57MB free on the system partition, and 56MB free on the cache partition. Neither of those can be used for installing apps, and as they are not being used, its effectively wasted space. By repartitioning, you make those partitions smaller, and make the data partition bigger so that you can make use of that space.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest tilal6991

I have a Question.

Is a larger cache not a good thing?

why would it benefit us to get it down to as low as 2mb?

Thanks

No. Think of cache like a temp partition on a computer rather than RAM. If the temp partition doesn't need to be used because it came on the same partition as the user data then you are saving space.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest seadersn

one could easily edit init.rc and redirect everything you want anywhere; cache for example to a tmpfs which gets deleted and recreated at every reboot. dalvik2sd/sdext. this way you can gain some extra space, too.

did that on htc leo/hd2 for hyperdroid & my rom, works just fine :) will own this device in ca. one week (gift for gf) and do some testings regarding this stuff and some extra small rom; she likes android and its apps and will need a little more space than this device offers @ stock. i'm really looking forward to this. :D

• 1 month later...
Guest Muloo

hi,

i have a problem

I have used TPT in the past on my stock rom with success

Now i'v got a CM9 but on a bad tpt ( i want v2b now )

I also have CWM 5504

My problem is that ' the green text om boot with keys holded' don't appear and it boot directly into CMW

how can i solve this problem?

Guest felystar
hi,

i have a problem

I have used TPT in the past on my stock rom with success

Now i'v got a CM9 but on a bad tpt ( i want v2b now )

I also have CWM 5504

My problem is that ' the green text om boot with keys holded' don't appear and it boot directly into CMW

how can i solve this problem?

You sure you press the correct buttons? Turn on + volume - + menu button

Guest Muloo

You sure you press the correct buttons? Turn on + volume - + menu button

actualy i didn't use the volume - button because in first post is said volume +

but now i did and get stuck on the green man = pull out batt.

Edited by Muloo

Guest Anthony1989

actualy i didn't use the volume - button because in first post is said volume +

but now i did and get stuck on the green man = pull out batt.

Keep hold of your middle hard buttons and volume + then keep hold of power. That combination works for me

Guest Muloo

Keep hold of your middle hard buttons and volume + then keep hold of power. That combination works for me

THANKS, did the job directly !

this is meaby a thing to add in first post

Edited by Muloo

Guest Amphoras

THANKS, did the job directly !

this is meaby a thing to add in first post

Is the middle hard button not the menu button?

Guest Anthony1989

I've seen people get mixed up with the menu button and the home button :wacko:

Guest Muloo

I've seen people get mixed up with the menu button and the home button :wacko:

Yes thats exactly it, we are used to use that home key so mutch .... we don't even think about what we read

Now that i have red your first post again i see you talk about 'menu' and not 'home' key :blush:

Edited by Muloo

• 2 weeks later...
Guest C3C0

1) Check if you are using the correct key combination (hold [Vol+] and [Menu] when powering on the phone)

2) Try different SD card

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest Basicly

Hi all, I tried doing partition 3. I didn't get the green text. Do i need to just keep trying the image on different sd cards? how do I check that it actually worked? Where would i be able to see the partition sizes in a rom. I've just installed mokee 1.10

Many thanks

EDIT:

Nevermind did the menu vol + and power and it worked. Right after though my sd went corrupt. I thought that was quite odd. had to reformat and repartition.

Edited by Basicly

Guest WiiSky70

Amphoras , can you publish full carrier updates (Stock Firmwares) ?

Becuse if i wan't to get back to the Firmware that carrier put when i bought the Device , it would be much more easier

to me and other members.

Anyways thanks for your TPT's , sometimes they are a life saver when Cache or Memory as a problem

• 3 months later...
Guest sparkyuiop

Hi can someone help please?

I have an Orange Monte Carlo P743T and it lost it's Mac and IMEI for an unknown reason. I re flashed the BlueMonte+ ROM and the IMEI and MAC came back and it was reporting that it was connected to T-Mobile (Previously unlocked with QPST) but when I tried to make a call it just went to 'Call End' all of the time with any SIM installed. I also noticed the IMEI SV (I think) number was '0' if that means anything.

After much fiddling I downloaded an app and Pigfish that told me my phone is a 'Gen 2 Blade'. I then downloaded a TPT checker & down-loader that said the device was actually a 'Gen 3' device and that I needed the 'Skate-v2b TPT' file. I verified the hash was OK and the app said it matched so I flashed it with volume up + menu and power with the USB out and it was a success and loaded CM.

I then tried to install a ROM (Swedish Spring RL S5) but the phone always reports 'No space left on device' no matter what I format or what ROM I try. The phone will then not re-boot unless I hold the 'volume up + menu and push the reset button with the USB removed' and so re-flash the 'Skate-v2b TPT' again to CM.

I am thinking about trying other TPT's but worry I might brick it although I did try the 'Skate-v2a TPT' but it just said 'error' in green a bunch of times.

Any thoughts welcomed!

UPDATE: Flashed 'Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v10-stock.zip' and phone booted again with 'IMEI SV : 00 and Mobile Network State: Disconnected'. It has a full signal and is showing the T-Mobile logo!

Is it possible this has somehow become IMEI Barred? I did buy it second hand from eBay but I used it for 2 months with no problems?

Edited by sparkyuiop