Now available: a fixed / tweaked Tweetdeck release from @paulobrien

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

r10 is now online!

r10 changes:

- Fixed translate service (moved from Google API to Bing API)

- Fixed refresh 'spinner' getting clipped

- Poll service now auto starts on device boot

Guest PaulOBrien

If possible would like shortened "instagr.am" URL support for images. Should be easy seeing how lockerz was recently added and "instagram.com" images have been working.I know it's not really an Android thing (; yet) but these links pop up all the time with no img :\

Instagr.am works for me.

P

Guest mali100

Hi Paul, still no landscape view across the whole app?

Click a tweet on your timeline, and then click the name of the tweeter and from there it's all portrait only. Not sure why - the original Tweetdeck was like that too.

PS, I know you replied to me on Twitter about this but I thought I'd explain it a little more clearly without a character limit. Irrespective of the outcome, great work. Much appreciated.

It would be really great if this would get fixed.

Guest Iain 'Mosh' Purdie

First off, well done and thanks for continuing development on what was the best combined Twitter/Facebook app out there. A pox on Twitter for killing it off when they bought it!

I was on TweetDeck, but spotted your app when I was uninstalling/reinstalling it from my phone due to a problem I was experiencing. Looking at the comments on TweakDeck's Market page (and the TweetDeck) one, it seems it's not application-specific. I'm assuming something has been changed API-wise:

As of yesterday Thursday, I'm no longer receiving "Me" column updates from facebook, only Twitter. As I said, this problem has followed me from TweetDeck to TweakDeck when I changed apps so I'm guessing the issue lies outside the app. Any clues as to what it could be or if it does need an app tweak to repair?

Guest PaulOBrien

First off, well done and thanks for continuing development on what was the best combined Twitter/Facebook app out there. A pox on Twitter for killing it off when they bought it!

I was on TweetDeck, but spotted your app when I was uninstalling/reinstalling it from my phone due to a problem I was experiencing. Looking at the comments on TweakDeck's Market page (and the TweetDeck) one, it seems it's not application-specific. I'm assuming something has been changed API-wise:

As of yesterday Thursday, I'm no longer receiving "Me" column updates from facebook, only Twitter. As I said, this problem has followed me from TweetDeck to TweakDeck when I changed apps so I'm guessing the issue lies outside the app. Any clues as to what it could be or if it does need an app tweak to repair?

Fixed in the new release. :)

P

Guest PaulOBrien

Changelog

r13 changes:

- Facebook displays correctly in 'Me' column

- High resolution icon (primarily for Kindle Fire support)

r12 changes:

- Internal test release

r11 changes:

- Removed spinner change and boot changes (will Beta)

Guest PaulOBrien

Alright dudes, i've now updated the first post with an 'interim test build'. This includes the latest changes and the latest translations. I'll update this periodically between main releases. It's a direct download, created with translations etc. at the time shown.

Note that this includes some test changes to the URL shortener also - it now is reverted to a bit.ly URL, but includes the facility to insert affiliate links in shortened links (in lieu of a donation version of the app).

If you find strings that aren't translated (I know there are a bunch embedded in the code!) let me know in this post.

Enjoy! :)

P

translatedeck.png

Guest PaulOBrien

TweakDeck r14 is now available on the Android Market!

r14 changes:

• Fixed translation again (now works on pre-ICS devices too!)
  • Added user contributed locations for a bunch of languages! Visit http://www.getlocalization.com/tweakdeck/ to add / edit your language!
  • URL shortener now shows as bit.ly again

There are major changes in the r14 release around the URL shortener.

As you know, I am updating TweakDeck free of charge and have no plans to offer a paid version / donate version. I have however made a change to the bit.ly shortener in that it is now integrated with SkimLinks. This means that if a link is posted that is both without affiliate links and supported by Skimlinks, an affiliate code will be appended to the link. This means that should anyone purchase anything from a supported TweakDeck tweeted link, I could earn a small percentage. I have made this completely non-intrusive (it should make no difference to the user experience, nor overwrite any existing affiliate links) so i'd like to see how this goes. If you have any questions, please contact me via e-mail / PM and i'll do my best to answer them.

Enjoy the new release!

P

Guest PaulOBrien

I just updated to r14 from Market, but I'm not seeing any translated text. I'm on it-IT Galaxy Nexus (4.0.2)

What happens when you try and use the translate function?

You have to click a tweet, then select 'translate' from the drop-down.

P

Guest Nerdpfleger

Hi Paul*!

I love tweakdeck!

It´s a very modern usefull mod of Tweetdeck!

I have one question.

Can you change that the position option, if i click this 1x on, the option is saving and on for the next time (forever before i click it a second time). This is so in the official twitter app and another twitter apps and i missing this so much in Tweetdeck a long time!

I hope you unterstand me and sorry for my bad english ;)

Thanks for help!

Guest PaulOBrien

Hi Paul*!

I love tweakdeck!

It´s a very modern usefull mod of Tweetdeck!

I have one question.

Can you change that the position option, if i click this 1x on, the option is saving and on for the next time (forever before i click it a second time). This is so in the official twitter app and another twitter apps and i missing this so much in Tweetdeck a long time!

I hope you unterstand me and sorry for my bad english ;)

Thanks for help!

I'll look into it!

P

Guest PaulOBrien

Can we make requests for particular image website inline previews?

Yes, it doesn't mean i'll add them tho... although I will put them on the 'to do' list. :)

P