kernel 2.6.32

Guest pier11

Hi I would like to ask were can I downloand your kernal and how can I install it into rom.

Pier11, please upload last version kernel 32, I want to try to CM6.

take it from dtox125 rom, replace ramdisk in boot image to one from CM6

Thank you for reply but with what program can I open boot.img because I cant open it with anything I have tryed.

if you use linux, refer here

if not, I know people use dsixda kitchen. Never tried myself.

OK, our tests concluded, that wifi causes reboot issues when active. Apart from that wifi worked.

The wifi kernel driver were compiled from Huawei source for u8110:

atheros_wifi_driver-2.2.1.25-U8110-eclair.tar

Now I replaced the wifi kernel driver to precompiled one from Ascend M860 froyo (no sources available). Driver works. Let's see if it will give me reboots.

(Interestingly, ascend hardware don't have our driver, but rom contains it - nice!)

Guest Artur Balabushko

I.e. you can't use your finger to control android, right?

(I try to understand what you mean by "senser". I'm guessing it is "touchscreen" in your context...)

You are right. All loaded but alas "touch screen" is not working ((

Can someone check the device's MAC address please, for me it was incorrect.

It is a known issue with all our CM ports - CM6.1, CM7.1

It looks the mac is determined somewhere inside proprietary huawei libs...

Here I patched Set Mac Address app for CM7.1

You are right. All loaded but alas "touch screen" is not working ((

Looks like you have different touchscreen version than the rest of people. Now we need to determine which is yours to add driver to kernel.

Could you do two things please:

1. On system where touchscreen WORKS, get dmesg and put it into pastebin.com or similar.

Reboot, then

in terminal emulator:

dmesg > /sdcard/dmesg.txt
or if use adb:
adb shell dmesg > dmesg.txt

2. On official rom, following this instruction, what's your touchscreen type? (and cameras as well while you are there)

Edited by pier11

OK, our tests concluded, that wifi causes reboot issues when active. Apart from that wifi worked.

The wifi kernel driver were compiled from Huawei source for u8110:

atheros_wifi_driver-2.2.1.25-U8110-eclair.tar

Now I replaced the wifi kernel driver to precompiled one from Ascend M860 froyo (no sources available). Driver works. Let's see if it will give me reboots.

(Interestingly, ascend hardware don't have our driver, but rom contains it - nice!)

It did not help. Reboots when wifi is on as usual.

Which proves my build of the wifi module was OK, but integration part is not much.

Any dev willing to review wifi integration? (use diff to previous revision)

1. msm_sdcc.c - update to this regarding integration with wifi was borrowed from some u8160/20 tree as I'm remembering. It's a similar patch to what was in original u8220.

2. board-u8220-mmc.inc - this is AS IS piece from pulse's original board-halibut.s from its .29 kernel.

Edited by pier11

Guest Artur Balabushko

Looks like you have different touchscreen version than the rest of people. Now we need to determine which is yours to add driver to kernel.

Could you do two things please:

1. On system where touchscreen WORKS, get dmesg and put it into pastebin.com or similar.

Reboot, then

in terminal emulator:

dmesg > /sdcard/dmesg.txt
or if use adb:
adb shell dmesg > dmesg.txt

2. On official rom, following this instruction, what's your touchscreen type? (and cameras as well while you are there)

http://pastebin.com/qAZ8SXY2

as with others looking forward to more work on this!

anyone know how to fix the headphones resetting phone bug in this rom?

cheers

not yet.

but I can reproduce it easily by unplugging headset...

EDIT:

figured easy solution to the problem - works. Let see if I found proper solution :)

EDIT2:

fixed, patch committed to git repo. Can be tested the next kernel build from repository...

Edited by pier11

Getting better, I can see the log. But the log was taken long after phone boot.

I need initial phase of phone boot, when all hardware are initialized, including your touchscreen.

Please reboot your phone and take dmesg after that. (Make sure you are running rom where you touchscreen works.)

Thanks.

Tested with CM6.

Sensors (rotation, compass) work with plain .32 kernel from master branch (not compat branch) if replace

hw/sensors.msm7k.so
with
hw/sensors.default.so

from stock u8150 froyo kernel and rename.

--

also wifi work there if just replace ar6000.ko from froyo ascend rom.

--

EDIT:

another interesting thought. Mass storage doesn't work with cm6.1, but works fine with cm7.

Likely cm6 were overoptimized to use older usb functionality in .29 kernel - "usb function",

while .32 features "usb gabget" subsystem.

Edited by pier11

@devs

achieved the forth combination:

new camera interface in normal branch + OLD DSP. (old dsp with fix from compat branch + fix for new dsp applied in reverse)

I thought older .29 pulse's dsp could work better, but no. Same distorted colors and freeze. Camera libs were from u8150 (libcamera.so and libqcamera.so).

So both dsp now behave the same way in combination with either interfaces-libs. So dsp should rather not be an issue, I think...

Does your kernel (in compat branch) now have a version of old camera interface with colored video playback / preview?

I predict that the demand for such a version will grow rapidly soon ;)

Getting better, I can see the log. But the log was taken long after phone boot.

I need initial phase of phone boot, when all hardware are initialized, including your touchscreen.

Please reboot your phone and take dmesg after that. (Make sure you are running rom where you touchscreen works.)

Thanks.

dmesg.txt

Does your kernel (in compat branch) now have a version of old camera interface with colored video playback / preview?

I predict that the demand for such a version will grow rapidly soon ;)

yes, on cm7.2 video playback is colored. We didn't have a chance to properly test a preview with cm7 until today :)

Out of .32 compat branch we have:

- old camera interface (works on cm6-pulse);

- stock .32 DSP (with minor fix to work with older camera libs)

Edited by pier11

Thanks, what I needed. Your touchscreen is

melfas-touchscreen

I will compile in driver for it.

@Artur Balabushko:

still want the same log from you, see above, to make sure we don't miss your touchscreen.

EDIT:

looked at melfas driver in the .32 u8150 tree and figured that it is significantly different to what was in our .29 kernel.

Since I don't have ability to test the melfas touchscreen, I'm going to use trusted driver from .29 kernel. People willing to use stock .32 driver could revert and test on their own.

(I noticed interesting feature in .32 driver as firmware update...)

EDIT2:

added melfas touchscreen to kernel source. Wait for the next build from repo.

Edited by pier11

Kernel repo updates:

1. Remake of wifi integration.

It doesn't tend to reboot as previously. Though exhibits behavior closer to what we had on Pulse - need to kick it after some time to make working again.

2. Fix for headphones.

Caused reboot when unplugging. Now fine.

3. Added Melfas touchscreen.

Some u8230 devices have it, so touchscreen did not work for them. Please test when new kernel is available and report back.

4. Reverted Sensors compat patch in compat branch.

Should work fine with normal froyo libs (see my post above on that; also see comments in the git commit).

Edited by pier11

Kernel repo updates:

1. Remake of wifi integration.

It doesn't tend to reboot as previously. Though exhibits behavior closer to what we had on Pulse - need to kick it after some time to make working again.

2. Fix for headphones.

Caused reboot when unplugging. Now fine.

3. Added Melfas touchscreen.

Some u8230 devices have it, so touchscreen did not work for them. Please test when new kernel is available and report back.

4. Reverted Sensors compat patch in compat branch.

Should work fine with normal froyo libs (see my post above on that; also see comments in the git commit).

if you have compiled rom with kernel 2.6.32, could you please put it here