kernel 2.6.32

Guest pier11

Guest arlindo.costa

Hi to all! Compiled kernel with ipv6 support (needs test, in tool "IPv6 and More" shows device ipv6 address, don't know how to test it ) and partially turned off debugging (may add some speedup - needs test). There is flashable boot.img for cm72 + zImage for repacking boot.img. Thank you again, Pier11

!Kernel in testing stage! - NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR DAMAGED-BROKEN-BURRIED DEVICES!

Installed with Onyx 7.2. Everything seems to be working... will give more feedback tomorrow :D

Guest destruct0r

Added Iptables rules support - droidwall app is now working correctly - thanks to Grandhouse from 4pda.ru 

Boot.img for cm7.2

To desalesouche: i am almost sleeping -it was a hard day on work, let me answer to you tomorrow

boot.img.zip

Edited by destruct0r

Guest desalesouche

Added Iptables rules support - droidwall app is now working correctly - thanks to Grandhouse from 4pda.ru

this is for which rom ?

hey destructor listen to that idea and tell me what you think...in notice that fast rom(cm6/styx/um840) have similar point that cm7.2 don't have..

.in cm6/styx/um840 sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/adj=0,1,2,7,14,15

sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/minfree=1536,2048,4096,5120,5632,6144

in cm7.2 it is different settings

sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:0/read_ahead_kb =128 it would be better to set it to 1024

so my question is=is it possible for you to make boot image with governors and these cm6 settings

so my idea is that with that boot image sd access will be faster and may be with cm6/styx/um840 adj and minfree settings cm7.2 will be fast like um840 ?

please tell me what you think ; anyone else opinion welcome :)

Guest twrock

.in cm6/styx/um840 sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/adj=0,1,2,7,14,15

sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/minfree=1536,2048,4096,5120,5632,6144

in cm7.2 it is different settings

Maybe someone who knows more than me will disagree, but....

I don't think these particular settings will have any significant influence, and don't need to have the kernel modified to change them. The lowmemkiller parameters are set in the ramdisk, not the kernel. You can mess around with them quite easily. I have in the past changed the default settings of the lowmemkiller to match or closely match the ones from DT A2SD lowmem-moderate. But if you use DT A2SD, then you can just change them there quite easily as well. There are also apps in the Market that will let you set each of those levels individually.

Guest destruct0r

To desalesouche: 

There is a boot.img with your tweaks in ramdisk

# cat /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:0/read_ahead_kb

cat /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:0/read_ahead_kb

# cat sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/adj

cat sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/adj

# cat sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/minfree

cat sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/minfree

boot.img.zip

Guest desalesouche

To desalesouche:

There is a boot.img with your tweaks in ramdisk

# cat /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:0/read_ahead_kb

cat /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:0/read_ahead_kb

# cat sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/adj

cat sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/adj

# cat sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/minfree

cat sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/minfree

thank you very much...will try it right now.:)

ok.canno't boot :mellow: i have message like this:assert failed:write _raw_image("/tmp/boot.img,'boot')

E:Error in sd /card/cm7.2_BOMIN.zip

(status 7) installation aborted

do you have an idea what it means? thx :)

Edited by desalesouche

Guest desalesouche

Or download some boot update for cm7, change the boot img and u r good to go.

[/quote

hi.tried your solution and still message error...

Guest destruct0r

Hi desalesouche!

There is a recovery flashable zip with latest kernel build for CWM 2.5.0.4. Just copy attached zip to sdcard & boot phone with ClockWorkMod Recovery; flash boot.img_for_recovery_script_.zip trough menu, reboot, PROFIT!!!

Guys from 4pda.ru wrote me that wifi is disconnected and turned off for a while; after attempting to turn wifi on device is reboot :(  I am don't seen this bug, if you are, write to me please

offtop: is my english is not so bad? Do you understand me or i be to use google translate to talk with yours? ;)

boot.img_for_recovery_script_.zip

Edited by destruct0r

Guest pier11

offtop: is my english is not so bad? Do you understand me or i be to use google translate to talk with yours? ;)

Your English is fine, keep using it :)

Google doesn't do translation better.

Guest destruct0r

Offtop: Pier11, thanks  :rolleyes:  And thanks so much for your work on the kernel 2.6.32-9, without your work we don't ..... MAKE ALL!!! THANKS SO MUCH!! There is not enough emoticons to express my emotions! SORRY MODERATORS FOR CAPS LOCK AND BIG FONT - WE ARE SHALL BE THANKS PIER11 FOR HIS WORK!!!

Its too late night, am happy , i am helped as minimum 8 peoples today, and hard working, am drunk 2 liters of vodka, my wife and daughter is sleeping and only me is clicking on keyboard.. good nite all!!  :D

Edited by destruct0r

Guest desalesouche

Hi desalesouche!

There is a recovery flashable zip with latest kernel build for CWM 2.5.0.4. Just copy attached zip to sdcard & boot phone with ClockWorkMod Recovery; flash boot.img_for_recovery_script_.zip trough menu, reboot, PROFIT!!!

Guys from 4pda.ru wrote me that wifi is disconnected and turned off for a while; after attempting to turn wifi on device is reboot :( I am don't seen this bug, if you are, write to me please

offtop: is my english is not so bad? Do you understand me or i be to use google translate to talk with yours? ;)

hi.we can understand each other and the others understand your english.:) anyways you will improve with practising...like i do here.i admit i use google translator from time to time cos i understand more uk englsih than us english :P ...

anyways will test your recovery flashable zip...and give you fedd back...;)

Guest desalesouche

Hi desalesouche!

Guys from 4pda.ru wrote me that wifi is disconnected and turned off for a while; after attempting to turn wifi on device is reboot :( I am don't seen this bug, if you are, write to me please

hi .i just tried to flash it via recovery...and i have error...error finishing boot....failure at line 5 installation aborted...may be cos i have cwm 2.5.0.7? or something wrong with my phone?:huh: i flashed it on cm7.2 and onyx with same result...these both rom where already installed with your governors.... Edited by desalesouche

Guest destruct0r

hi .i just tried to flash it via recovery...and i have error...error finishing boot....failure at line 5  installation aborted...may be cos i have cwm 2.5.0.7? or something wrong with my phone?:huh: i flashed it on cm7.2 and onyx with same result...these both rom where already installed with your governors....

I am using cwm2.5.0.4 - flash boot.img_for_recovery_script_.zip 2 (two) times without a troubles - may i recomend you to flash cwm2.5.0.4? - in attachment you find cwm2504 - just unzip that in c:\ , then cd c:\cwm\, execute flash.bat - enjoy!

SORRY - mini-howto: (if you need)

Turn of your device;

Press vol down+ red button + pwr on buttons ({pressing so much long time(about 1-2 secs) all it togeher} - don't know how to translate it ); wait 1 or more seconds to appears blue screen with white text ;) ;

Connect phone with micro-usb cable to your computer;

Install drivers; 

FLASH IT!

cwm2504.zip

Edited by destruct0r

Guest desalesouche

@ destructor :i have done it thx to your how to...but after reboot rom manager is still showing cwm 2.5.0.7 :blink: will retry...

ok :) thx it is done...rom manager was showing old image...:P thx a lot will try right now your recovery image

edit: i just boot your recovery image still have error finishing boot...failure at line 5 installation aborted...

Edited by desalesouche

Guest destruct0r

Hi all!

There is fixed version of kernel 2.6.32-9. In previous version Wifi was dead - after turning it on phone reboots.

Features:

Droidwall(Iptables rules) now works.

Wifi no more dead

!Still in testing!

Mini-HOWTO:

Unpack attached file in c:\; Boot your phone in bootloader mode (Turn off, then press red button+volume down+power on at the same time - keep it pressing by 2-3 seconds), connect your phone to PC with USB cable, install drivers for fastboot, cd c:\fastboot_version, execute flash.bat - new boot.img flashed and phone will reboot.

That's all.

Please, send me feedback about testing. Thanks

Can't upload to forum :( here is link for fastboot version hxxp://www.mediafire.com/?fyh4ynlgi654dq6

Here is the link to recovery version(2.5.0.4, not tested on other versions) - hxxp://www.mediafire.com/?9u3joa1eu3bl3zt

Edited by destruct0r

Guest desalesouche

Hi all!

There is fixed version of kernel 2.6.32-9. In previous version Wifi was dead - after turning it on phone reboots.

Features:

Droidwall(Iptables rules) now works.

Wifi no more dead

!Still in testing!

Mini-HOWTO:

Unpack attached file in c:\; Boot your phone in bootloader mode (Turn off, then press red button+volume down+power on at the same time - keep it pressing by 2-3 seconds), connect your phone to PC with USB cable, install drivers for fastboot, cd c:\fastboot_version, execute flash.bat - new boot.img flashed and phone will reboot.

That's all.

Please, send me feedback about testing. Thanks

Can't upload to forum here is link for fastboot version hxxp://www.mediafire.com/?fyh4ynlgi654dq6

Here is the link to recovery version(2.5.0.4, not tested on other versions) - hxxp://www.mediafire.com/?9u3joa1eu3bl3zt

i think this time i manage to install it...with cwm 2.5.0.7 no error message and wifi is working... :) how can i be sure Droidwall(Iptables rules) is in the rom...? :blush: