kernel 2.6.32

Guest pier11

Hi i would like to ask what works in it like camera or what other drivers work in it.

cameras are not expected to work in this build, but all the rest should work.

cm 7.2 with 2.6.32 kernel

here is the link for the rom.

Everything seems to work for me, but I have problem with A2SD.

How this kernel handle the swap partition?

A2SD can't turn it on, but it is in use. The kernel handle it individually?

Another problem is that A2SD check says that "Dalvik Heap Change Program Not Found.". I can't link dalvik cache to the ext partition.

edit: Market should be available after install? I can't find it.

Edited by rhen

How this kernel handle the swap partition?

A2SD can't turn it on, but it is in use. The kernel handle it individually?

I didn't do anything special on the kernel side. Just enabled swap in kernel config.

EDIT:

what I remember from previous dtox's build 7.1 - I should install google apps separately, which contain market. So if this build is similar, I'd guess it explains your problem with Market absence. (Last time I installed on UK 2010 rom's 100MB system partition. And people with lesser partition size experienced issues with Market, as partition simply did not have enough space for it.)

EDIT2:

I think absence of ext3/4 support could cause issues with sd-ext. Only ext2 support is configured in repository in the moment.

Edited by pier11

I didn't do anything special on the kernel side. Just enabled swap in kernel config.

EDIT:

what I remember from previous dtox's build 7.1 - I should install google apps separately, which contain market. So if this build is similar, I'd guess it explains your problem with Market absence. (Last time I installed on UK 2010 rom's 100MB system partition. And people with lesser partition size experienced issues with Market, as partition simply did not have enough space for it.)

EDIT2:

I think absence of ext3/4 support could cause issues with sd-ext. Only ext2 support is configured in repository in the moment.

I have formatted the ext partition to ext2.

Now I trying to install a2sd separately for get the dalvik cache on ext work. (I don't install gapps till I can't get a2sd works properly)

I have formatted the ext partition to ext2.

Now I trying to install a2sd separately

No, not sure if you need to install a2sd separately. It was in the previous build out of box - I found my notes - see link in my previous post. Sorry for confusion.

Installed, runs smoothly. :)

EDIT:

Recovery mode only manually(Remove battery - Power+Menu+End) - anyone experienced the same?

Edited by hzf

Are plannig to update this latter? Maybe you can get camera working.

we are working on it... so far .32 kernel is able to work completely successfully with legacy Eclair camera libs only. Thus incompatible with gingerbread as is. Either we succeed to run borrowed froyo camera libs, or need to create wrapper functionality.

Edited by pier11

Guest sun lbx

the rom looks better than 7.1 with .29 for me :)

i'll keep testing it though))

Pier11, you rock ^_^

And.. would you be so kind as to pay attention to the GPU overclocking as well when you'll work with OC kernel?

GPU OC improves things greatly on HD2, for example

I plan to use a stock non CM6 froyo rom (e.g. your u8150 froyo reference rom) and make pulses eclair libs work there without BOARD_USES_ECLAIR_LIBCAMERA, by coding a small helper library that provides the missing functions (and simply forwards them to the libs where they reside now). This would enable our libcamera.so to integrate cleanly into froyo without touching any of froyo's binaries.

A little update on this: So far the wrapper for pulse libcamera.so works on stock eclair 2.1 and on CM6.1 (froyo). On u8150-froyo (and any gingerbread rom as well) it crashes.

(On eclair and CM6.1 the wrapper would not really be needed, but nevertheless I can test there if all functions are forwarded correctly).

So what makes this stuff interesting is that u8150-froyo crashes. Something must be handled differently there compared to CM6.

I'm guessing it might be a prelinking issue. Would be good to build CM6 for the pulse from source and just toggle BOARD_USES_ECLAIR_LIBCAMERA for experimenting.

Where to get the sources for CM6.1-pulse, since pulse is not part of official CM6 repo (was only added for CM7). Does any of the experienced ROM builders know?

It's 1.

And yeah, if you could do that I could test some apps (or u could do that too if u have the time).

Fring is the last app I tried that video works. I remember when they had skype enabled, I used skype voice calls via fring.

Sorry for the off-topic: here is the promised kernel for D-D-, where back and front camera are swapped. It is a .29 kernel image with ramdisk for stock eclair roms.

I quickly verified that both cameras are swapped and both give preview in eclair camera app. I won't do further testing since I am not interested in video calling apps. Anyone interested in such stuff is invited to test...

Where to get the sources for CM6.1-pulse, since pulse is not part of official CM6 repo (was only added for CM7). Does any of the experienced ROM builders know?

Nice progress.

I'm not an experienced rom builder, but guessing Tom's repo might contain the needed part. Please confirm anybody?

It has froyo branch

Edited by pier11

Switched back to stock .32 DSP in compat kernel branch.

Fixed that DSP - works fine with old camera interface now.

So basically we have choice of two DSP for old cam interface - stock .32 and one borrowed from .29 kernel (qdsp_7200A).

Edited by pier11

I checked zip briefly - didn't have time yet to install - working on cameras.

Do you know of any way to build CM7 with support for more languages? Last time I had to manually replace keyboard app from Hero to get needed language...

Everything works except camera. But I can live without it.

I In the morning I realize that network dropped and need to enter the pin code again.

Now track title is displayed on my MW600 bluetooth headset when using stock player. cool.gif

Switched back to stock .32 DSP in compat kernel branch.

Fixed that DSP - works fine with old camera interface now.

So basically we have choice of two DSP for old cam interface - stock .32 and one borrowed from .29 kernel (qdsp_7200A).

That's fine. Now I must admit that I'm absolutely no git expert. Now that your repo has two branches, how would one do in order to check out one specific branch?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I guess git clone wouldn't work then?

Also, maybe even more important: I tried several times to sync with CyanogenMod repo using froyo branch instead of gingerbread branch (for re-building CM6). It always fails (exiting sync due to fetch errors). Anyone knows how to fix that???

Guest arlindo.costa

Installed cm 7.2 with 2.6.32 kernel last night.

Seems a lot smoother than the old cm 7.1. Up to now all is working excep the camera. Great job Guys!!!

:D :D :D

Guest martin_mkd

downloading the rom now, feel kind to test because pulse now becomes my second phone (just to have a stable phone while testing the updates and kernel) i will install it later and report how it is on my pulse(t-mobile mkd).