[DEV] AOSP Dev for Zte Blade

Guest t0mm13b

Guest t0mm13b

I have audio working on my ZTE V9 (almost the same hardware as the Blade).

First use this files and replace the ones in you allready have: https://github.com/TeamICS/android_hardware_msm7k/tree/ics/libaudio

You propably also need this: https://github.com/TeamICS/android_hardware_msm7k/blob/ics/Android.mk (I solved this in a different fashion (=ugly hack)) but using this file should work.

Finally add:

audio.primary.msm7k \

audio_policy.msm7k \

To PRODUCT_PACKAGES in your device_blade.mk.

That should enable audio.

Many thanks for sharing that +1 from me, just one query - why did you mention about needing Android.mk when it's already there in the TeamICS/android_hardware_msm7k/tree/ics?

Cheers, B)

Guest davidnintendo

Hmm... did you not git clone the repo ics4blade? It has the fix in there for that...

Anyway, that's the function prototype for the two methods addAudioEffect and removeAudioEffect in the above AudioHardwareInterface.h should be like this:

virtual status_t addAudioEffect(effect_handle_t effect){ return INVALID_OPERATION; }

virtual status_t removeAudioEffect(effect_handle_t effect){ return INVALID_OPERATION; }

I did. I also checked just in case and all files fron the repository were in the right place. I was trying to compile it with the suggested audio fix so perhaps it has something to do with that. Anyeay, I won't be able to use my computer for several hours so there's nothing I can do right now.

Guest t0mm13b

Please compiled alpha 7 with working audio or fix.zip package to alpha 6.

When its ready, its ready, what's the rush, sit back and watch! :)

And let us devs get this right without that kind of pestering! :)

i'll try to compile a build later tonight but I need to download ICS source, so it could take a while. Also i've never built before so I'll be learning as I go...

Guest KonstaT

I have audio working on my ZTE V9 (almost the same hardware as the Blade).

First use this files and replace the ones in you allready have: https://github.com/TeamICS/android_hardware_msm7k/tree/ics/libaudio

You propably also need this: https://github.com/TeamICS/android_hardware_msm7k/blob/ics/Android.mk (I solved this in a different fashion (=ugly hack)) but using this file should work.

Finally add:

audio.primary.msm7k \

audio_policy.msm7k \

To PRODUCT_PACKAGES in your device_blade.mk.

That should enable audio.

I built it earlier with these changes but no audio for my blade. It compiles without errors, so that's atleast step forward. :) I might still be missing something from my build. Do I need to change something in board config (TARGET_PROVIDES_LIBAUDIO := false, BOARD_USES_GENERIC_AUDIO := false)?

Many thanks for sharing that +1 from me, just one query - why did you mention about needing Android.mk when it's already there in the TeamICS/android_hardware_msm7k/tree/ics?

Cheers, B)

I think that Android.mk that kk suggested is some what different from the same file from your github.

Guest t0mm13b

Please for those impatient who are jumping to the end, read this post.

@KonstaT: Yes, you need to enable it in the Android.mk file, libaudio is commented out BUT, the device's own libaudio may need work! :)

Guest Carlos Manuel Leemet

Does anybody know that what audio chip "LGP500 one" have? Does it have same audio chip what ZTE Blade have or what and does "LGP500 one" Android ROMs (GB,ICS) work on ZTE Blade with ZTE Blade's boot.img? :)

LGP500 one phone have nice ROMs and if them works on ZTE Bldae then it is much better... :D

+ (off topic): Does anybody know that what is the file for android buttons in HoneyComb, it's not qwerty.kl? I cant get buttons to work on Honeycomb in JetDrodi!

+ when I try to make ICS ROM to work then the screen flickering when it's showing boot loop and at the same time it shows boot animation (both flickering) Do I need to make new screen files for it (libGLES*.so/libEGL*.so)? if anybody can tell me then thanks!

About thoes props you have give in post #3, i think thay are littel bit wrong..

I think i told how fix sensors(rotation).. in post #397

Just get back from business trip and notice you have fix RIL etc.. so what next? :)

Edited by Ippe H

Guest t0mm13b

Just get back from business trip and notice you have fix RIL etc.. so what next? :)

Ooops, my bad, apologies Ippe H, have amended post #3 to reflect that :)

Cheers for the heads up :)

Guest kallt_kaffe

Cheers, B)

Because I'm using CM's sources and just copied the libaudio folder frm TeamICS and Android.mk in CM source prevented my from building anything in hardware/msm7k/. I has checks for msm7k some other way that seems to be broken in the ics branch. I just commented out the check and all the lines for the other platforms but TeamICS version of Android.mk should work out-of-the-box.

I have ICS up and running on my ZTE V9/Light with audio but graphics is painfully slow. And not only slow, it often seems to skip the last redraw so I have to guess a lot.

Because I'm using CM's sources and just copied the libaudio folder frm TeamICS and Android.mk in CM source prevented my from building anything in hardware/msm7k/. I has checks for msm7k some other way that seems to be broken in the ics branch. I just commented out the check and all the lines for the other platforms but TeamICS version of Android.mk should work out-of-the-box.

I have ICS up and running on my ZTE V9/Light with audio but graphics is painfully slow. And not only slow, it often seems to skip the last redraw so I have to guess a lot.

I notice the same thing on blade. it only redraws after touching the screen again. Did you try to implement the adreno/EGL fixes?

I notice the same thing on blade. it only redraws after touching the screen again. Did you try to implement the adreno/EGL fixes?

Most likely it's a different glitch, but when I gave (was it alpha1?) a quick spin, I had to change the wallpaper to something else than the default before the screen started to redraw correctly. Before that, I got parts of the previous screen left when returning to the home screen.

Edited by sm4tik

Guest KonstaT

Well, I think it was post #401, but I nicked it from someone else anyway. :P

t0mm13b, how about adding sdcard to the list of working things. ;)

Guest skywave

Most likely it's a different glitch, but when I gave (was it alpha1?) a quick spin, I had to change the wallpaper to something else than the default before the screen started to redraw correctly. Before that, I got parts of the previous screen left when returning to the home screen.

Yeah that and turning off the animations in the developer settings improves a lot

Guest kallt_kaffe

I built it earlier with these changes but no audio for my blade. It compiles without errors, so that's atleast step forward. :) I might still be missing something from my build. Do I need to change something in board config (TARGET_PROVIDES_LIBAUDIO := false, BOARD_USES_GENERIC_AUDIO := false)?

I have none of them in my BoardConfig.mk.

If you fail to make i compile, try putting the attached libs in /system/lib/hw

audio_libs.zip

Guest t0mm13b

I have none of them in my BoardConfig.mk.

If you fail to make i compile, try putting the attached libs in /system/lib/hw

Thanks for your contribution :D

I will endevour to somewhat tackle the libaudio this coming weekend :)

Guest Davidoff59

hey, I tested the alpha 6 today. all pre loaded apps seem to work, just the redraw issue.

I found that telephony works despite the radio signal showing nothing. I can make a call out and the other phone rings, just there is no sound both ways.

I verified in about phone and it hows me connected to my provider, but 0 dbm signal incoming but something like 16 asu.

I hope that helps a bit. loving the look of ics.

to add further info, after hanging up the call, phone freezes. black screen, no button lights, no response to button presses. it looks like the phone has switched off but after about a minute, the lock screen appears and you can continue using the phone.

Edited by Davidoff59

Guest skywave

hey, I tested the alpha 6 today. all pre loaded apps seem to work, just the redraw issue.

I found that telephony works despite the radio signal showing nothing. I can make a call out and the other phone rings, just there is no sound both ways.

I verified in about phone and it hows me connected to my provider, but 0 dbm signal incoming but something like 16 asu.

I hope that helps a bit. loving the look of ics.

Yes network signal is not correct. Also it either has no bars or full bars.

Sound will be working soon, kalt-kaffee's libs fix the sound.

Yeah that and turning off the animations in the developer settings improves a lot

Yeah, animations too.. I'm just too used to turning them off the first thing after I flash a rom that I forgot all about it :D

Edited by sm4tik

Tested a clean install of alpha6, my SIM has no PIN since a year or so, and I only get a bootloop. I see the first welcome screen, can change the language if I'm fast, but after a certain time it starts a bootloop, no matter if I do something or not. Wiped and everything, formatted /system, tried it with gapps and without... and still no APNs in the settings. If it works for everybody else I'd suggest it's my fault, but maybe there is somebody else with the same problem?

Guest Davidoff59

Felix, I have flashed it twice with no issues. once with a dalvik and cache wipe and another with no wipe installed over cm7. the second install was done over the last cm7 nightly,259 I think with no issues, but do that at your own risk.

I used giffgaff apn and it kept fc but both the giffgaff and the o2 apn were there although internet was saying that data was not switched on so could not browse.

the sound fix works for music and tones etc but not for phone calls. call connects fine, just no sound either way.

there is no SMS app either so I can't test that.

if someone can point me in the direction of a SMS apk, I would be willing to test.

I have put on a few other apk's also for my own test purposes only.

Guest the_crevis

I have been running alpha 6 since the time it was put up last night till now, and i just thought id report back.

Battery life has been pretty good (amazing for an alpha build)

The phone reboots often when switching in and out of airplane mode.

The screen often takes a minute or so to wake up.

The messaging app causes frequent reboots. ( also google have added a lovely new feature any message over 3 texts long is converted to mms :@ i only have free texts! :( apart from that messaging works fine :)

I know it is an early dev build and i am not asking for any of these issues to be fixed! - concentrate on the big ones first like hardware acceleration ;) - i just thought id give you a heads up as ive been running the build for a while.

Keep up the great work devs! :D