[DEV] AOSP Dev for Zte Blade

Guest t0mm13b

Guest joaoismael

My first post rolleyes.gif.

After installing update 6, i also got a "Random offset: 0x1bf" message

I forgot to wipe everything before installing and the phone entered on a boot loop ..

after that i did a clean install, and it worked smile.gif thanks !!!

Strange stuff on logcat

Multiple times

12-02 00:17:01.320: D/StrictMode(780): StrictMode policy violation; ~duration=252 ms: android.os.StrictMode$StrictModeDiskReadViolation: policy=2711 violation=2

12-02 00:17:01.320: D/StrictMode(780): at android.os.StrictMode$AndroidBlockGuardPolicy.onReadFromDisk(StrictMode.java:1074)

Another one, using gallery

12-02 00:17:02.640: E/libEGL(780): called unimplemented OpenGL ES API

Multiple messages with tag QCRIL

regarding current GPRS operator not available

SIM not ready

If i can help on anything just ask!

Guest Smartg2OS

Tested a clean install of alpha6, my SIM has no PIN since a year or so, and I only get a bootloop. I see the first welcome screen, can change the language if I'm fast, but after a certain time it starts a bootloop, no matter if I do something or not. Wiped and everything, formatted /system, tried it with gapps and without... and still no APNs in the settings. If it works for everybody else I'd suggest it's my fault, but maybe there is somebody else with the same problem?

Gapps make crashing our Blade, you can't use it for the moment

Guest targetbsp

This discussion should probably take place in the CM thread so as not to distract the devs here. If it's not good news, the work done in this thread is even more important! Keep at it guys. We're rooting for ya. :D

my attempted build wasnt successful. The phone boots ok but I just see a white screen and lots of surfaceflinger errors. either I did something wrong or the egl hacks didnt work correctly.

Guest skywave

http://www.mediafire...2axvd9wh8yvyo31

What works

Gps works

Autorotation and compass works (Thanks to ippe_h/konstat)

Telephony works (bugs with pinlock on the simcard, disable if you have one to connect)

What is untested

3g internet

What doesn't

Hardware acceleration.

Animations (turn them off in settings -> developer options -> both window animation scale and transition animation scale to "animation off"

Audio

Timezone configuration

Probably lots of stuff

/edit

During the flash in clockworkmod you will get something about random offset, no idea what it means but seems ok.

New build, http://www.mediafire.com/?shfz4qn9wxbc1b1

Instead of a cm7 libril, we finally got a libril from AOSP to build which fixes some things such as the sim pin bug. The networksignal indication is still either full or off though. Also there are some problems with the apn list.

And i copied in kalt-kafffe's audio libs that make audio somewhat work, you still cant call however

Guest KonstaT

I have audio working on my ZTE V9 (almost the same hardware as the Blade).

First use this files and replace the ones in you allready have: https://github.com/TeamICS/android_hardware_msm7k/tree/ics/libaudio

You propably also need this: https://github.com/TeamICS/android_hardware_msm7k/blob/ics/Android.mk (I solved this in a different fashion (=ugly hack)) but using this file should work.

Finally add:

audio.primary.msm7k \

audio_policy.msm7k \

To PRODUCT_PACKAGES in your device_blade.mk.

That should enable audio.

I got audio compiled and working on my build too. In addition to above I also needed to remove 'BOARD_HAVE_BLUETOOTH := true' from my board config (also removed 'TARGET_PROVIDES_LIBAUDIO := true' but I don't think it makes any difference), so it breaks bluetooth at the moment. There seems to be some problem with a2dp and I'm trying something to patch it.

Guest AndreiKu

New build, http://www.mediafire...shfz4qn9wxbc1b1

Instead of a cm7 libril, we finally got a libril from AOSP to build which fixes some things such as the sim pin bug. The networksignal indication is still either full or off though. Also there are some problems with the apn list.

And i copied in kalt-kafffe's audio libs that make audio somewhat work, you still cant call however

Hardware acceleration is working?

Ok I tried another build. I think I had partial success with the EGL fixes. There dont seem to be any errors related to the adreno libraries and they seem to load ok, but all I have is a black screen and the following error:

E/SurfaceTexture(   95): [] error binding external texture image 0x16458 (slot 0): 0x500

no idea what it means but I think its related to how the egl hack works. if anyone has a clue let me know and I'll try to fix

Guest skywave

Ok I tried another build. I think I had partial success with the EGL fixes. There dont seem to be any errors related to the adreno libraries and they seem to load ok, but all I have is a black screen and the following error:

E/SurfaceTexture(   95): [] error binding external texture image 0x16458 (slot 0): 0x500

no idea what it means but I think its related to how the egl hack works. if anyone has a clue let me know and I'll try to fix

Cant help you much but the guy doing the LG P500 port seems to be the furthest and came across this error http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=19651148

Guest t0mm13b

Quick tip, want to get rid of google search bar that hogs up the space near the top. It was mentioned over on xda, but it was a different app which I did not have on my build anyway.

Tap Settings > Apps, slide the menu to the left, the ones that have 'Downloaded', 'On SD Card', 'Running', by sliding it to the left will reveal another option 'All'. Then the list of apps are shown. Scroll down to 'Search', tap on that, then tap 'Disable', hey presto!

Search bar has disappeared! Can always re-enable it again by repeating the procedure, when you get to 'Search' in that Apps, tap on 'Enable'... :)

Guest demolish123

Seriously guys they wont get anything done with you complaining all the time or clogging up the thread, this thread is for Devs only not ordinary users so please go away!

Guest dajlourenco

This thread reminds me the one that devs created when porting android to omnia 2.. The thread was closed because off all the people complaining to devs about timing.. Let them do their "hobby job".. No one is being paid to do this, and everybody complaining is not going to make them work faster.. Let them do their hobby and hope we can have ICS to our blades working smooth.. Thank you devs for your work.. Sorry for my english..

Guest iNoobz2Droid

i flashed the rom "update7" but i can't get further than to the android animation (not the green one but the boot animation of the rom) - i did data wipe before

during the flash it told me something about "random offset: 0x2e7..." but clockwork finished the installation

Edited by iNoobz2Droid

Guest John Enter

Please people if you don't know anything about this then don't post.

The devs are doing this for free, and if you want ICS on your blade as soon as possible then let them do their job without them getting disturbed.

Sorry for my interruption, please go on pleasing everyone. Love it how active the community is here.

Guest skywave

The armv6 patch was already pulled in to the ics4blade repository last night, even build one before that. But there are still some things to be fixed about ril.

Some phones wont return info from the radio and returns stuff like: http://pastebin.com/8MX00SeL this most likely causes the bootloops some people experience here.

Guest sej7278

can you write little instruction how to build ics from https://github.com/t0mm13b/ics4blade for arch (x64/x32) users?

This is how I'm doing it, kind of a modified version of README

setup linux (hint: it must be sun-java-6, not openjdk or v7 etc)

download aosp (includes setting up repo, gpg and syncing) which essentially is:

mkdir aosp_ics

cd aosp_ics/

curl https://dl-ssl.google.com/dl/googlesource/git-repo/repo > repo

chmod a+x repo

./repo init -u https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest

./repo sync -j16
download ics4blade (and optionally update, shouldn't be needed on first checkout):
git clone git://github.com/t0mm13b/ics4blade.git

cd ics4blade/

git pull
download proprietary libs:
git clone git://github.com/HCDRJacob/proprietary_vendor_zte.git

cd proprietary_vendor_zte/

git pull

download kernel (as used in cm7):
git clone git://github.com/TomGiordano/kernel_zte_blade.git

cd kernel_zte_blade/

git pull
merge the directories:
rsync -a ics4blade/ aosp_ics/ --exclude='.git*' 

rsync -a proprietary_vendor_zte/blade/ aosp_ics/device/zte/blade/
build the kernel with touchscreen fix (can't get this to work):
cp ics4blade/kernel_zte_blade/kernel_ics4blade.config kernel_zte_blade/.config 

cp ics4blade/kernel_zte_blade/drivers/input/touchscreen/synaptics_i2c_rmi.c kernel_zte_blade/drivers/input/touchscreen/

cd kernel_zte_blade/

make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=~/aosp_ics/prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-eabi-4.4.3/bin/arm-eabi-

cd ..

cp kernel_zte_blade/arch/arm/boot/zImage aosp_ics/device/zte/blade/kernel
compile:
cd aosp_ics/

source build/envsetup.sh

lunch zte_blade-eng

make -j8

make otapackage
clean up afterwards (still within the aosp_ics/ directory):
rm -rf out/ device/zte/ kernel_zte_blade/

./repo forall -c "git reset --hard HEAD"

./repo forall -c "git clean -fdx"