[DEV] AOSP Dev for Zte Blade

Guest t0mm13b

but that should be in github otherwise its duplication of effort.

I agree, github should be updated. until then you could just use that boot.img.. or make the necessary changes :D

It seems theres quite a few problems springing up with these different updates. Seems to be getting a bit fragmented. Would it be worth rolling back to an update which was fairly stable and working from there? I found update 6 was pretty good. It had working touchscreen and RIL. PIN code still had to be disabled but perhaps itd be a good starting point?

just a thought

Guest skywave

If theres a problem with pinlock you could try turning pin lock off. I've tried pinlock on two different simcards from different providers and it works fine, connected to network and such.

Guest philly o

Of course, per request:

http://www.mediafire...8u84b76ngwta2nn

Changes to Skywave's Build #10:

- Removed OpenWnn

- Added Google Apps (Gingerbread version but works)

- Added RIL V3 disabling

been following this thread closely just flashed this rom, looks great so far wish i could do 1/8 of what you guys can do!! keep up the fantastic work guys

phil

Guest senky_SK

If theres a problem with pinlock you could try turning pin lock off. I've tried pinlock on two different simcards from different providers and it works fine, connected to network and such.

pinlock is ok. My blade restarting with disabled pinlock until I turn flightmode on. then restarting ended. Problem is with logging to a network / using network

Guest birdibird

Could the people who experiences bootloops, pinlocks or any networkrelated issue, post he update version and the TPT version tpt'ed?

For me update9, update10, update10b. All bootloops about 20s after entering pin.

pinlock works fine. No bootloop when no sim inside.

OSF UK OLED

tpt v10 gen1-gen2 160mb

Guest sej7278

i got my self-build to install and touchscreen now works thanks to the new kernel being uploaded to github.

but wow is it slow! takes up to 5secs to redraw the screen. home button, audio, wifi, telephony, rotation don't work.

touchscreen, adb, sdcard works. gen1 oled osf, tpt-v5 with 160mb /system (22mb free as no gapps/openwnn).

but it is prettttty :D i really like the homescreen/ringlock and settings app. hate the google search bar.

nice!

Edited by sej7278

Guest hedgepigdaniel

i got my self-build to install and touchscreen now works thanks to the new kernel being uploaded to github.

but wow is it slow! takes up to 5secs to redraw the screen. home button, audio, wifi, telephony don't work.

touchscreen, adb, sdcard works. gen1 oled osf, tpt-v5 with 160mb /system (22mb free as no gapps/openwnn).

but it is prettttty :D i really like the homescreen/ringlock and settings app. hate the google search bar.

nice!

All this is with the results of make otapackage (the compiled boot.img)?

Home button was meant to have been fixed here https://github.com/t0mm13b/ics4blade/commit/4dca642b2c55f8e0acb440786118f2db9442d184, wifi here https://github.com/t0mm13b/ics4blade/commit/c4221277842a6aefb879ba63048243f3eb536e87. What happened?

My suggestion for better code management is that whenever we add files to the repo we first make a commit that adds the files in their original (AOSP) condition, then we make another commit with the modifications we make to them. that way our modifications can be more easily tracked. Also it might help to make a tag for each build that is released so we know which commits are included in each.

Guest skywave

Home button was meant to have been fixed here https://github.com/t...118f2db9442d184, wifi here https://github.com/t...48243f3eb536e87. What happened?

My suggestion for better code management is that whenever we add files to the repo we first make a commit that adds the files in their original (AOSP) condition, then we make another commit with the modifications we make to them. that way our modifications can be more easily tracked. Also it might help to make a tag for each build that is released so we know which commits are included in each.

It wasn't properly fixed, the modified Generic.kl gets overwitten by the build process.

Guest sej7278

Home button was meant to have been fixed here https://github.com/t...118f2db9442d184, wifi here https://github.com/t...48243f3eb536e87. What happened?

i didn't use the compiled boot.img that just got uploaded to github, i did use the kernel though and then made my own boot.img and otapackage.

i agree with tagging, if the devs are going to make builds, then we at least know what versions of what source files are included - unless the builds are from their local branch and haven't been uploaded to github yet, which is fair enough too - i'd rather they be fixing things than worrying about syncing.

Edited by sej7278

Guest Davidoff59

I tried version 7. 215 MB wbaw v10 partition and I think a release 4 uk version of the osf.

I noticed that under baseband, it says unknown. I did some reading and it says that this shows as unknown when the radio is incompatible. I imagine this is down to the ril issues.

no network, no messaging app in that rom.

network says connected to network OK but 0 dbm still showing.

full phone reboot when I switched on airplane mode. gallery not showing preview of pics nor will it show pics when a pic is selected.

just providing feedback.

I flashed update10 earlier tonight and I had to restart only on the first time I booted, after that I could even make and receive phone calls, but the speaker nor the microphone worked. Didn't test it for very long as I needed a stable rom. I have a gen2 blade.

Just my feedback...

Bootloops on GEN2 Blade with 215MB TPT (Hardware from the third wave) with all of the updates I tried (6,7,9,10,10b).

Occurs with and without PIN activated, did a full wipe before each attempt to flash

Guest dj_crash1981

Installed update10b on my blade last night and all worked fine a little slow on the animations so i just turned them off made a phone call and it worked i had sound when turning the volume up no landscape mode but dont no if you can on ics.

is there any way to use the contacts off ics on another rom.

Keep up the good work

Edited by dj_crash1981

Guest davidnintendo

Here's my feedback with update10b. It boots perfectly and asks my PIN. I insert it and it seems to do well. Then, it reboots for now reason, asks for my PIN again and if I type it in, it says that I have introduced a SIM card and that I should reboot. It doesn't matter whether I press reboot or not, it does it itself and keeps doing the same all the time. However, it works perfectly with no SIMcard. I'm using stock GEN2. Never flashed any TPT as I didn't feel I needed more space. Apart from that, the ROM works delightfully if I disable animations. I can't believe you got to this in such an small amount of time. Keep your hard work!

Edited by davidnintendo

Guest leopesto

Here's my feedback with update10b. It boots perfectly and asks my PIN. I insert it and it seems to do well. Then, it reboots for now reason, asks for my PIN again and if I type it in, it says that I have introduced a SIM card and that I should reboot. It doesn't matter whether I press reboot or not, it does it itself and keeps doing the same all the time. However, it works perfectly with no SIMcard. I'm using stock GEN2. Never flashed any TPT as I didn't feel I needed more space. Apart from that, the ROM works delightfully if I disable animations. I can't believe you got to this in such an small amount of time. Keep your hard work!

same to me with tpt v7... trying now with v10...

edit: nothing... always the same problem...

update10b --- osf tft 512mb gen1 with tpt v10

Edited by leopesto

It wasn't properly fixed, the modified Generic.kl gets overwitten by the build process.

You could change the key identifiyer for the HOME-key in the keypad-driver, if it is open-source (I guess it is?).

Change it from the default one for GB (102) to the default one for ICS, as it is mentioned in the Generic.kl.

I have an OLED OSF, first batch.

Update10b works OK with and without SIM (not tested with SIM inserted). One freeze happened when switching to airplane mode, otherwise no bootloops/crashes so far.

WiFi doesn't want to turn on unfortunately, wpa_supplicant is getting active and trying from time to time though.

No network connectivity whatsoever - phone really struggled to get the signal and connected only briefly.

Edited by k0nrad

Guest tilal6991

You could change the key identifiyer for the HOME-key in the keypad-driver, if it is open-source (I guess it is?).

Change it from the default one for GB (102) to the default one for ICS, as it is mentioned in the Generic.kl.

There I'd a better solution. It involves having a device specific key file. You can have a look at the skate repo to see what I mean

Guest sej7278

I have an OLED OSF, first batch.

Update10b works OK with and without SIM (not tested with SIM inserted). One freeze happened when switching to airplane mode, otherwise no bootloops/crashes so far.

WiFi doesn't want to turn on unfortunately, wpa_supplicant is getting active and trying from time to time though.

No network connectivity whatsoever - phone really struggled to get the signal and connected only briefly.

same as my gen1 oled - no crashes etc; but nothing works. its stable though.

Just thought I'd report that all that was supposed to work with update10b seemed to be ok with my stock, fifth wave(?) gen2 5mpx blade (tpt'd to 128MB /system). It was just a brief test, and didn't try using sim pin as I had it disabled. It was too late to test a call, but network was there, sound, wifi.. etc. It's slowly coming together, awesome :D

btw, if someone knows which (makefile) file to edit, the apk's seem to have all the images and stuff for tablets, mdpi devices etc. inside. Cutting it down to hdpi and nodpi only should be enough for blade, yes?

Guest fedezubo

My blade, TFT gen1 (from orange), continues rebooting, the lockscreen appears and after few sec, bazinga! the android logo appears. But the lockscreen is awesome :D