[DEV] AOSP Dev for Zte Blade

Guest t0mm13b

thanks!

I've tried it with my 160MB Partition, it boots, but cant run the Android setup on startup and reboots with sim inside, without sim its more stable

in the setup its very slow, but with disabled animations its good

just wanted to see ICS on my Blade and can't wait for a (more) stable version

very good work!!!

I've 230 Mb, works fine.

Here's some guidance for you http://android.modac...-for-zte-blade/

Guest ThermalDroid

thanks!

I've tried it with my 160MB Partition, it boots, but cant run the Android setup on startup and reboots with sim inside, without sim its more stable

in the setup its very slow, but with disabled animations its good

just wanted to see ICS on my Blade and can't wait for a (more) stable version

very good work!!!

I had these issues till I wiped and repeated about 3 times huh.gif

Guest t0mm13b

Okie, here's the latest build ICS MR0, H/W acceleration in place - update15 (Kudos to Skywave ;) ), thanks to KK, TwistedUmbrella for their efforts in the acceleration fix - looks a lot better, only annoying thing is the double flip which Skywave and myself were hacking around, it is not fixed.

Power button is more responsive without USB cable plugged in.

If you experience bootloops with this version - don't panic! You can shut up the telephony binary that is causing the bootloop by doing the following, with the USB cable plugged in, issue the following. (Comments are followed by the hash to explain!)

adb remount # Make the filesystem rewrite-able

adb shell # Go into the shell

chmod 0000 /system/bin/rild # switch off the read/write/executable flags of said binary

exit

Finally:

adb reboot

The H/W acceleration messes up the boot animation so will see a black screen, immediately, the lock screen also shows the glitch in that ... you'll see for yourself.

The one astounding thing I've noticed is this: battery is like wow! 2% loss overnight over 13 hours... mighty impressive (oh yeah, the screenshot script is a bit broken in ICS, the images gets flipped! xD)

Have not tried the gapps nor do I know if it will work proper with the H/W acceleration in place.... :unsure: BUT, you should get TPT v10 installed to increase the partition to 215Mb. (Please look at previous posting for the linky by targetbsp).

Audio is still being worked on at the moment :) But, go back to page 24, and obtain KallteKaffe's audio files, and push them across the /system/lib/hw and reboot, you will have basic sounds... not all of them work properly but hey its getting there :D

Linky

post-792143-0-32845000-1323448768_thumb.

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest stourglaukas

Okie, here's the latest build ICS MR0, H/W acceleration in place - update15 (Kudos to Skywave ;) ), thanks to KK, TwistedUmbrella for their efforts in the acceleration fix - looks a lot better, only annoying thing is the double flip which Skywave and myself were hacking around, it is not fixed.

Power button is more responsive without USB cable plugged in.

If you experience bootloops with this version - don't panic! You can shut up the telephony binary that is causing the bootloop by doing the following, with the USB cable plugged in, issue the following. (Comments are followed by the hash to explain!)

adb remount # Make the filesystem rewrite-able

adb shell # Go into the shell

chmod 0000 /system/bin/rild # switch off the read/write/executable flags of said binary

exit

Finally:

adb reboot

The H/W acceleration messes up the boot animation so will see a black screen, immediately, the lock screen also shows the glitch in that ... you'll see for yourself.

The one astounding thing I've noticed is this: battery is like wow! 2% loss overnight over 13 hours... mighty impressive (oh yeah, the screenshot script is a bit broken in ICS, the images gets flipped! xD)

Have not tried the gapps nor do I know if it will work proper with the H/W acceleration in place.... :unsure: BUT, you should get TPT v10 installed to increase the partition to 215Mb. (Please look at previous posting for the linky by targetbsp).

Audio is still being worked on at the moment :) But, go back to page 24, and obtain KallteKaffe's audio files, and push them across the /system/lib/hw and reboot, you will have basic sounds... not all of them work properly but hey its getting there :D

Linky

sorry guys for my stupid question but the hw accelaration works now??

(oh yeah, the screenshot script is a bit broken in ICS, the images gets flipped! xD)

I read somewhere that the screen is mounted upside down in the device so the screenshots do in fact not get flipped :)

Guest John Enter

I'll reupload the files and post it here in a second, is 2shared okay? I don't have any accounts on upload sites.

Be sure to flash with TPT v10, you can use TPT Helper: http://android.modaco.com/topic/345654-app-tpt-helper/

Here's alternative gapps download link http://www.2shared.com/file/eY-XlcLI/gapps-ics-20111125-2.html (I didn't understand whether the download link or the gapps themselves didn't work)

Edited by John Enter

Guest hecatae

I read somewhere that the screen is mounted upside down in the device so the screenshots do in fact not get flipped :)

yep blade screen is mounted upside down

Guest t0mm13b

hummm.... the one liner script.... :)

Under CM7, it takes care of the flip over.

adb pull /dev/graphics/fb0 fb0 && ffmpeg -vframes 1 -vcodec rawvideo -f rawvideo -pix_fmt rgb565le -s 480x800 -i fb0 -f image2 -vcodec png $1.png && mogrify -flip -flop $1.png && rm fb0

In ICS it fails in doing so.... just saying :)

Actually about the audio issue... I have sound on the speaker (music plays, sounds quite good actually), but not with the main one... Nice work, blazing fast with HW acceleration, and simply beautiful. Later if i'll have some time I intend to dig into the system, maybe I can do something useful... But until then: Thanks. :)

Guest fedezubo

bad updates from here...

with the new TPT v10 and the update15 comes the armageddon: i've got random artifacts on the screen, images splitted and the damned bootloop, and no adb and logcats yet

-i've flashed the update 3 times with full wipe

I'll reupload the files and post it here in a second, is 2shared okay? I don't have any accounts on upload sites.

Be sure to flash with TPT v10, you can use TPT Helper: http://android.modac...app-tpt-helper/

Here's alternative gapps download link http://www.2shared.com/file/eY-XlcLI/gapps-ics-20111125-2.html (I didn't understand whether the download link or the gapps themselves didn't work)

hi .sorry but i have few questions! i am running 2.3.7 cm7 btw. my phone is upgraded from gen1 to gen2! isnt it a problem if i TPT it again with a tpt gen1 to gen2??

Where is the TPT v10 ?? i dont see it in TPT helper app!!??

thanks

Guest Pelemanne

hi .sorry but i have few questions! i am running 2.3.7 cm7 btw. my phone is upgraded from gen1 to gen2! isnt it a problem if i TPT it again with a tpt gen1 to gen2??

Where is the TPT v10 ?? i dont see it in TPT helper app!!??

thanks

yes but, ask in the TPT thread not here!

Guest t0mm13b

bad updates from here...

with the new TPT v10 and the update15 comes the armageddon: i've got random artifacts on the screen, images splitted and the damned bootloop, and no adb and logcats yet

-i've flashed the update 3 times with full wipe

Try switching off the animations in Settings > Developer settings :)

For the lack of adb... use this boot image found here... you do know how to flash the boot image?

Summary: Start up in fastboot mode, hold down volume + and power button, then plug in cable then do the following

sudo fastboot flash boot boot.img

sudo fastboot reboot

Adb should be back online with that boot.image.... :)

Guest Davidoff59

please search on Google rather than asking here. its the best search engine available, and chances are that you searched Google before arriving here.

search for wbaw tpt v10 or v7 which will provide links to V10. its on xda forum.

if tommi13b has to keep answering peoples questions, then he can't develop the very rom that you all came here looking for.

Guest fedezubo

Try switching off the animations in Settings > Developer settings :)

For the lack of adb... use this boot image found here... you do know how to flash the boot image?

Summary: Start up in fastboot mode, hold down volume + and power button, then plug in cable then do the following

sudo fastboot flash boot boot.img

sudo fastboot reboot

Adb should be back online with that boot.image.... :)

ok i'm gonna try... but with the simcard i can see only the lockscreen and then, nothing, big fat bootloop...

PS the recovery gives a "RANDOM OFFSET 0x1bd" <--- what the hell?!

EDIT: i've tried without the simcard, and no more bootloops, but i've attached a logcat when i connect the phone as a usb device

logcat.txt

Edited by fedezubo

Guest ThermalDroid

I had 2% loss overnight but it drained in about 2 hours after (Update12) Updating now and hoping for good news n.n

I think it was the same on some 2.3 ROMS in Flight-Mode, and you have no SIM inserted, so...

but it's the same for me.

PS the recovery gives a "RANDOM OFFSET 0x1bd" <--- what the hell?!

thats normal... AND stated a dozen times in this thread. Guys, please read the thread bevore you want to help here, you are not helping in this way.

Guest davidnintendo

@t0mm13b Previews on the multitasking menu are also flipped. That's what happens when you make a phone and you flip the screen to fix the board. Scumbag ZTE!

Guest JustasU

please search on Google rather than asking here. its the best search engine available, and chances are that you searched Google before arriving here.

search for wbaw tpt v10 or v7 which will provide links to V10. its on xda forum.

if tommi13b has to keep answering peoples questions, then he can't develop the very rom that you all came here looking for.

and which one to use of thes on my already euro gen 2 phone? Plz i just need abit help. I know ill get answer fast here.

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1310713

I cant understand which one gives more space for OS

Edited by JustasU

Guest fedezubo

thats normal... AND stated a dozen times in this thread. Guys, please read the thread bevore you want to help here, you are not helping in this way.

hey, i've never experienced that random offset before. I saw the 0000 and others that don't remember... I humbly apologize.

Guest ThermalDroid

Ahh yes multitasking is flipped, darn ZTE laugh.gif

Incredibly fast! Faster than CM7 and its not overclocked! Having issues with the screen dividing into 4 and displaying the same section of the screen across these divisions, GPU related? Live wallpapers and 2D games seem to just die on Update15 can anyone duplicate this behaviour or is it just me?

Also does the RANDOM OFFSET tell us anything about individual devices? Maybe its a hardware thing?