[DEV] AOSP Dev for Zte Blade

Guest t0mm13b

Guest liamdunn

hey, i cant find the dl link for the update 16!! and it very annoying... sorry for this super noooooooby question, but where is it?

No offence dude but if you actually took the time to read through the whole thread youd find the download link and that there is a seperate discussion thread to ask questions non related to the development of ICS

hey, i cant find the dl link for the update 16!! and it very annoying... sorry for this super noooooooby question, but where is it?

go back 2 or 3 pages and u will find it !

Guest evilbrain

on u16 the gallery app crashes and calling isnt working.

BUT. I can assure you that bluetooth is working. Connected my headphones via bluetooth. It connects, gets recognised, even plays my music. Havent tried calling anybody with it connected tho :)

Hope this is of some help to you

Edited by evilbrain

Guest liamdunn

Superuser doesn't recognise root, issues with youtube. Still getting issues with wakeup aswell. Good work so far!

Flash superuser don't download it from the market, the file is in the 1st post of the discussion thread

Guest ThermalDroid

Flash superuser don't download it from the market, the file is in the 1st post of the discussion thread

Its is the flashed one. Going back to CM7 for a few days since I'm out of town, good luck to all.

Guest Davidoff59

Hey Tommi13b, im just wondering if these links will provide any help.

Display drivers and how they implement the flipping of the screen

http://www.netmite.c...ay_drivers.html

Audio system

http://www.netmite.c...aceModification

Hardware Acceleration coding information, for 3.0, may be of use to you

Edited by Davidoff59

Guest leetron1

any progress with your work? haven't heard from you for a while now.. :)

have the devs split to a secret noob free forum or given it all up as a bad job the thread seems to have entirely dried up?

have the devs split to a secret noob free forum or given it all up as a bad job the thread seems to have entirely dried up?

Patience it's a virtue! Maybe they're preparing us a nice Christmas gift...

Remember when we didn't have FM radio in CM7? Now we have it.

Remember when we waited every week for the perfect ROM? Now we have a few.

So let's all wait. These guys are good programmers but they aren't being paid for doing this. They do it as an hobby. And we all have gratitude to them.

So can I haz MIUI pleaze????? :lol::lol:

Guest unrandomsam

Don't see why its suck a hacky build method. If you just forked the whole AOSP (Or better QAEP) it would work allot better and be easier to merge changes.

Pointless using git like this (Might as well just be a patch set against AOSP be allot easier to deal with.)

Guest LiverpoolsNo9

Don't see why its suck a hacky build method. If you just forked the whole AOSP (Or better QAEP) it would work allot better and be easier to merge changes.

Pointless using git like this (Might as well just be a patch set against AOSP be allot easier to deal with.)

Oh wow, didn't realise it was that easy......what are you naming your ROM and what time tomorrow can I expect to be able to download it? ;)

Oh wow, didn't realise it was that easy......what are you naming your ROM and what time tomorrow can I expect to be able to download it? ;)

well i would say stay on ur eggs :P

the guy said just what he was thinking ..

thats not a reason u be like that !

Guest LiverpoolsNo9

well i would say stay on ur eggs :P

the guy said just what he was thinking ..

thats not a reason u be like that !

I should have been more clear with my point. Anyone is free to start their own thread/rom package if they are not satisfied with whats going on here. The guys in this thread have made good ground, if someone thinks they can go do it better and in their own way they should just do it. I would love to see ICS in its fastest, cleanest configuration possible for the blade, but there will probably be many iterations before that happens.

Guest davidnintendo

I should have been more clear with my point. Anyone is free to start their own thread/rom package if they are not satisfied with whats going on here. The guys in this thread have made good ground, if someone thinks they can go do it better and in their own way they should just do it. I would love to see ICS in its fastest, cleanest configuration possible for the blade, but there will probably be many iterations before that happens.

I understand the way he said that may not be the best one, but he is not complaining at how developers are working neither he is saying that he would do it faster or better. He is just saying that if they forked the whole Android source (which is creating another project based on an existing one) and modify the files on that fork instead of uploading just the changed files, it would be a lot easier to sync the source and compile since everything would come from the same place so you don't have to download Android source from Google, ics4blade source and then sync folders, which gets worse because you have to sync folders every time the repo gets updated, and if they placed a file at the repository and then erased it because stock one does it well, that file would be missing from the source so it wouldn't compile. Of course, this isn't a problem for experienced developers, but it would make it easier for people that aren't that much into this to compile Android for the Blade.

Guest leetron1

the curious thing is we've not heard a dickie bird from anyone actually working on development for about 4 days no one find that a little odd?

have they all decamped elsewhere?

Guest ThermalDroid

the curious thing is we've not heard a dickie bird from anyone actually working on development for about 4 days no one find that a little odd?

DO NOT SUBTLY ASK FOR ETA'S!

But yeah where did they go? Intense building over the last few days? Or maybe the messed something up tongue.gif

Guest t0mm13b

Nope! ;)

Cracking on the audio .... ;)

Stay tuned ... that's all folks :D

Guest davidnintendo

The fact that they aren't using this thread anymore doesn't mean they stopped working on it. A Google open source project has been created recently (ics4blade on Google Code) and they have almost daily made updates to the repo these days. I guess they are using another form of communication, irc maybe, which is instant and at the same time they get rid of "when will it be ready" posts and "y iz wifi not working" and other stuff. The thing is they are still working on it, so let just let them do their work and help on whatever we can. They are doing it on their free time as a hobby so it is quite remarkable what they have gotten so far. Let's just let them keep doing their magic. And devs: thank you really much for your effort. You give us better software support that most phone builders!

Edited by davidnintendo