[DEV] AOSP Dev for Zte Blade

Guest t0mm13b

Guest sej7278

Don't see why its suck a hacky build method. If you just forked the whole AOSP (Or better QAEP) it would work allot better and be easier to merge changes.

Pointless using git like this (Might as well just be a patch set against AOSP be allot easier to deal with.)

gotta agree there (sucky is a bit harsh) as it seems the only benefit that just tracking changed files (like a patchset) gives is less bandwidth. i think the cyanogenmod way of doing it (forking all the source) seems more manageable.

its all gone very quiet on tom_g's cm9 and ics4blade, although cm7.2 seems dead too.

what should cm7.2 have been? honeycomb? thought that was made for tablets!?

CM7 Android 2.3.X

CM8 Android 3.X

CM9 Android 4.X

and now lets go back to topic ;)

edit: dont ask what happened to CM8! Thanks!

Edited by emc02

Guest Davidoff59

I think tommi13b made it clear that this was an experiment for himself to see whether he could compile a rom from source. I'm sure any errors made in his use of github are as much a part of his learning curve as the rest of this build is.

I say good on him for trying to learn, and putting his new found knowledge on here so that we can enjoy the fruits of his labour.

Thanks also to all those helping him to get this rom working. without these developers, we would still be on Froyo.

remember guys, zte ran away after they got your money.

Guest t0mm13b

I wanted to make the repo as small as possible hence using only changed filesets as in, like, what's the ^%&£ing point in duplicating and forking 8.5Gb+ worth of code from google's source base...

Use your intelligence and figure out why the changed filesets with directory structure matches up with google source base containing only a small subset... just saying, to keep bandwidth to a minimum.

Okie, put it another way, (This was in November remember, when ICS was released) suppose, at the time, you went tearing off and doing a repo sync on the AOSP ICS sources (8.5Gb+ worth) BEFORE I opened up the ics4blade project, and you go "FFFUUUUU, another 8.5Gb+ to download" after realizing there's a github repo for the blade... (This would have been the scenario if I had done that forking/duplicating the google's AOSP sources)

Also, there is no direct way to fork from google if google's instructions read to use repo on the command line - so that's what 8.5Gb+ download via repo, then upload to github... no thanks!

Some may be lucky to have unlimited download data cap, others are not so hence the decision to use a small repo with changesets.... (I had to use the internet cafe to download it as my broadband got borked at the time)

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest t0mm13b

Looks like Android 4.0.3 has been released. Perhaps we get some bugs fixed on the Blade.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/12/16/android-4-0-3-announced-brings-bug-fixes-and-new-apis-for-developers/

It only says SDK has been released. Nothing about the source.

Yep, its SDK for the moment, too soon to start repo sync'ing ... keep your eyes peeled on twitter ;)

Edit: Jean Baptiste Queru announced it @ http://goo.gl/taj9n

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest hedgepigdaniel

Just synced the latest 4.0.3 AOSP code, trying to compile against current github sources (up to this commit: https://github.com/t0mm13b/ics4blade/commit/48ebaa845894a8c36a219e0b25601acec5751ede)

The following error occurs during the build in frameworks/base/include/ui/GraphicBuffer.h on line 66: "GRALLOC_USAGE_HW_VIDEO_ENCODER was note declared in this scope"

Attached is a screenshot of the error. This file in question is not currently included in the ics4blade repository.

Anyone know how to fix it?

post-789774-0-48568800-1324104600_thumb.

Guest davidnintendo

Just synced the latest 4.0.3 AOSP code, trying to compile against current github sources (up to this commit: https://github.com/t...5601acec5751ede)

The following error occurs during the build in frameworks/base/include/ui/GraphicBuffer.h on line 66: "GRALLOC_USAGE_HW_VIDEO_ENCODER was note declared in this scope"

Attached is a screenshot of the error. This file in question is not currently included in the ics4blade repository.

Anyone know how to fix it?

Same error for me.

Guest t0mm13b

Right, the build is producing the right audio files for the said purpose (Congrats and props to Skywave for getting most of it in place - hi Skywave :D), in-call works, for ringtones/notifications (some work/some come out as hissing sounds), proximity is working perfectly which was a bonus for me as I did not realize, and it worked perfectly. No more bootloops as was a former bootlooper, telephony is working perfectly, Skywave reported 3g data is working, on mine with O2 Ireland, must be my ICS browser that is messed - don't know exactly.. there's that annoying double flip ... doing me head in...

sigh... where the f..k is that code in there within the graphics - must attack it before going on to the 4.0.3 ICS sources...

right now.. sleep... :D

Oh yeah, if you want to try this out, please go here and wipe then flash it, usual disclaimer applies... ;) ya know the drill, until then, goodnight :)

Edited by t0mm13b

210mb ! But whats this version ? It has the red thick line around the screen when turning on wifi i.e or browsing ! Why this have it and the other updates not ? Just asking a question :) not asking for anything . Thanks

Guest t0mm13b

210mb ! But whats this version ? It has the red thick line around the screen when turning on wifi i.e or browsing ! Why this have it and the other updates not ? Just asking a question :) not asking for anything . Thanks

To keep the discussion focussed on dev efforts, I have answered on the other thread here

Right, the build is producing the right audio files for the said purpose (Congrats and props to Skywave for getting most of it in place - hi Skywave :D), in-call works, for ringtones/notifications (some work/some come out as hissing sounds), proximity is working perfectly which was a bonus for me as I did not realize, and it worked perfectly. No more bootloops as was a former bootlooper, telephony is working perfectly, Skywave reported 3g data is working, on mine with O2 Ireland, must be my ICS browser that is messed - don't know exactly.. there's that annoying double flip ... doing me head in...

sigh... where the f..k is that code in there within the graphics - must attack it before going on to the 4.0.3 ICS sources...

right now.. sleep... :D

Oh yeah, if you want to try this out, please go here and wipe then flash it, usual disclaimer applies... ;) ya know the drill, until then, goodnight :)

Hey!

You did a really usable ROM. Under usable I mean this is the fastest release. :)

But a few bugs which has solved in update16: I havent got mobile data, sound doesn't work, and I can't install apps from market.

I don't want to flame this threas, I just report bugs, so I hope I helped.

If this bugs going to solved I think I will use ICS.(maybe Camera but I don't really need that)

Guest fedezubo

Hey!

You did a really usable ROM. Under usable I mean this is the fastest release. :)

But a few bugs which has solved in update16: I havent got mobile data, sound doesn't work, and I can't install apps from market.

I don't want to flame this threas, I just report bugs, so I hope I helped.

If this bugs going to solved I think I will use ICS.(maybe Camera but I don't really need that)

for the market issue, a reboot in my case solved the problem

Guest the Mitu

Hello everyone.

First of all, thank you for the wonderful work. I decided to register and join this thread in order to help you test the rom - I hope it's a good thread.

As an update with working sound in telephony was released, I decided to give it a go. I've downloaded using link posted by t0mm13b, and used gapps from here: http://code.google.c...cs-20111128.zip

My Blade is from Poland. Specs: native GEN1, Android 2.1 (used stock partition TPTv10 gen1 to gen2). TFT display, 3MP camera, 512 MB RAM/ROM, I didn't have to unlock anything.

My reports:

1. What I've noticed first is a reported by some users red frame appearing sometimes during using the phone.
  2. Sound in telephony works excellent for me.
  3. Proximity works too.
  4. I experienced no sound in speaker. Neither pressing volume key nor changing the ringtone could persuade my blade to give a sound. I think on of the previous updates (not sure if it was 16 or earlier one) sound from speaker did work.
  5. Plugging headphones had no result - icon did not appear.
  6. Music player didn't start to play an audio file (OGG Vorbis tested). Not only that there was no sound, program displayed song duration 0:00 and a time slider was at the max value.
  7. WIFI has connected sucessfully to the WPA secured network (in oppose to the earlier update I have mentioned above).
  8. Issues with autorotation - screen upside down sometimes, previews in the current running apps list too.
  9. Of course trying to run camera on galery results in an FC.
  10. With hardware acceleration on and animations off the UI is still pretty slow. Using home screen and navigating through the most of menus can be called usable however it would still be a bit irritating in everyday use. When pressing a volume key, I have to wait for the hint to appear much longer, then for example to enter the app drawer.
  11. Once or twice settings threw an FC.
  12. Twice have I experienced a reboot. I think that one happend when I was playing with maps, another one probably when I was browsing settings menu, but I'm not sure.
  13. Installing apps from the market: I've tried to install Angry Birds, but it failed. Later (after mentioned above reboot) I tried again, this time with Angry Birds Seasons. It downloaded and installed properly (of cource trying to run it ended with an FC, but I didn't expect anything else so far).

Some of these are known bugs, but I've just gathered all the issues I've experienced in one post. I hope that it will help the devs in any way and will be pleasted to help testing the next builds :)

Guest t0mm13b

Hello everyone.

First of all, thank you for the wonderful work. I decided to register and join this thread in order to help you test the rom - I hope it's a good thread.

As an update with working sound in telephony was released, I decided to give it a go. I've downloaded using link posted by t0mm13b, and used gapps from here: http://code.google.c...cs-20111128.zip

My Blade is from Poland. Specs: native GEN1, Android 2.1 (used stock partition TPTv10 gen1 to gen2). TFT display, 3MP camera, 512 MB RAM/ROM, I didn't have to unlock anything.

My reports:

1. What I've noticed first is a reported by some users red frame appearing sometimes during using the phone.
  2. Sound in telephony works excellent for me.
  3. Proximity works too.
  4. I experienced no sound in speaker. Neither pressing volume key nor changing the ringtone could persuade my blade to give a sound. I think on of the previous updates (not sure if it was 16 or earlier one) sound from speaker did work.
  5. Plugging headphones had no result - icon did not appear.
  6. Music player didn't start to play an audio file (OGG Vorbis tested). Not only that there was no sound, program displayed song duration 0:00 and a time slider was at the max value.
  7. WIFI has connected sucessfully to the WPA secured network (in oppose to the earlier update I have mentioned above).
  8. Issues with autorotation - screen upside down sometimes, previews in the current running apps list too.
  9. Of course trying to run camera on galery results in an FC.
  10. With hardware acceleration on and animations off the UI is still pretty slow. Using home screen and navigating through the most of menus can be called usable however it would still be a bit irritating in everyday use. When pressing a volume key, I have to wait for the hint to appear much longer, then for example to enter the app drawer.
  11. Once or twice settings threw an FC.
  12. Twice have I experienced a reboot. I think that one happend when I was playing with maps, another one probably when I was browsing settings menu, but I'm not sure.
  13. Installing apps from the market: I've tried to install Angry Birds, but it failed. Later (after mentioned above reboot) I tried again, this time with Angry Birds Seasons. It downloaded and installed properly (of cource trying to run it ended with an FC, but I didn't expect anything else so far).

Some of these are known bugs, but I've just gathered all the issues I've experienced in one post. I hope that it will help the devs in any way and will be pleasted to help testing the next builds :)

Thanks for that, but have to say, in fairness, running angry birds on the pre-alpha build is just too much to expect at this stage - remember hw accel is very hacky probably due to the fact the kernel is old - face it, its on 2.6.35!

Really and officially, the mainstream kernel that is used with ICS on the Google Nexus is v3 AFAIK.

Guest burstlam

Also I compiled this a couple of days ago: http://code.google.c...&q=#makechanges

Anyone know why the update.zip flashes the recovery partition? What needs to be changed to not include recovery?

Network also didn't work when I tested it.

comment out the lines as shown in /build/tools/releasetools/ota_from_target_files will do the tricks when applying make otapackage

script.FormatPartition("/system")

script.Mount("/system")

#  script.UnpackPackageDir("recovery", "/system")

script.UnpackPackageDir("system", "/system")

(symlinks, retouch_files) = CopySystemFiles(input_zip, output_zip)

script.MakeSymlinks(symlinks)

if OPTIONS.aslr_mode:

script.RetouchBinaries(retouch_files)

else:

script.UndoRetouchBinaries(retouch_files)

boot_img = common.GetBootableImage("boot.img", "boot.img",

OPTIONS.input_tmp, "BOOT")

# recovery_img = common.GetBootableImage("recovery.img", "recovery.img",

#                                     	OPTIONS.input_tmp, "RECOVERY")

# MakeRecoveryPatch(output_zip, recovery_img, boot_img)
  	"/tmp/boot.img", "boot.img", OPTIONS.target_tmp, "BOOT")

updating_boot = (source_boot.data != target_boot.data)

#  source_recovery = common.GetBootableImage(

#  	"/tmp/recovery.img", "recovery.img", OPTIONS.source_tmp, "RECOVERY")

#  target_recovery = common.GetBootableImage(

#  	"/tmp/recovery.img", "recovery.img", OPTIONS.target_tmp, "RECOVERY")

#  updating_recovery = (source_recovery.data != target_recovery.data)

# Here's how we divide up the progress bar:

Guest the Mitu

That's why I said I hadn't expected it to run ;) I have just click to check if it won't tell me app is not installed properly etc. And to check what can happen, if I get FC or a slideshow ;)