[DEV] AOSP Dev for Zte Blade

Guest t0mm13b

Guest davidnintendo

Thanks for that, but have to say, in fairness, running angry birds on the pre-alpha build is just too much to expect at this stage - remember hw accel is very hacky probably due to the fact the kernel is old - face it, its on 2.6.35!

Really and officially, the mainstream kernel that is used with ICS on the Google Nexus is v3 AFAIK.

I don't know how many modifications are needed to get it working on the blade, or if there is any kernel developers on the group, but I though that since the Blade uses an MSM chipset, this may help. https://github.com/drod2169/msm-3.0 If not then just act as this had never happened :)

Guest skywave

I don't know how many modifications are needed to get it working on the blade, or if there is any kernel developers on the group, but I though that since the Blade uses an MSM chipset, this may help. https://github.com/drod2169/msm-3.0 If not then just act as this had never happened :)

I assume that kernel is coming from the CAF/ aurora project They got a kernel 3.0 yes but it seems they aren't porting ics to our SoC at the moment. Did notice some activity on our chipset for ICS but no tag. So maybe we do get lucky ;). Also to clear up any confusion MSM7227 != MSM7227A. The latter has a snapdragon armv7 processor and a beefed up Adreno 200.

Guest evilbrain

Oh yeah, if you want to try this out, please go here and wipe then flash it, usual disclaimer applies... ;) ya know the drill, until then, goodnight :)

is there any difference between this and the update 17? or is it just named differently?

Guest davidnintendo

Update 17: display turns off after Android logo.

Boot animation is broken. Sometimes something shows and sometimes doesn't. Wait for a while and it should boot normally.

is there any difference between this and the update 17? or is it just named differently?

i didnt found any difference´s! just that update 17 ZIP has 2-3mb more than this which u ask !

Guest the_crevis

No difference, they are the same builds, i just named it update 17 so people know where they are etc...

Guest hedgepigdaniel

No difference, they are the same builds, i just named it update 17 so people know where they are etc...

In future, be aware that some downloads do not appear in the list on google code by default - I had already posted a version I called alpha17, so now there are two: http://code.google.com/p/ics4blade/downloads/list?can=1&q=&colspec=Filename+Summary+Uploaded+ReleaseDate+Size+DownloadCount which is confusing.

Guest csholmq

In future, be aware that some downloads do not appear in the list on google code by default - I had already posted a version I called alpha17, so now there are two: http://code.google.c...e+DownloadCount which is confusing.

Well actually. Your download was marked deprecated, so that's why it wasn't showcased. From what I heard, it was a problem with your zip?

Well actually. Your download was marked deprecated, so that's why it wasn't showcased. From what I heard, it was a problem with your zip?

just go to that site and click alpha17 and under the download it explain what´s the problem .

Guest targetbsp

Oops I just saw what thread we are in. Sorry, I thought we were in the discussion rather than the dev thread.

This thread is for technical discussion about the development of this particular rom. You might get away with discussing CM9 in this thread: http://android.modac...ser-discussion/ though a new thread separately tracking the progress of Cm9 may be of interest if we are now publicly receiving updates on it.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest vokzal33

Oops I just saw what thread we are in. Sorry, I thought we were in the discussion rather than the dev thread.

This thread is for technical discussion about the development of this particular rom. You might get away with discussing CM9 in this thread: http://android.modac...ser-discussion/ though a new thread separately tracking the progress of Cm9 may be of interest if we are now publicly receiving updates on it.

+++

yes man))

DARN. Gave up my spare phone to my girlfriend or I could test this. Please shout when the phone functions are up and running reliably.

Edited by eLJay

Guest davidnintendo

I've tried to compile Android 4.0.3 with the latest changes submited to Github. It does the EGL part well but stops with libsurfaceflinger.

target thumb C++: libsurfaceflinger <= frameworks/base/services/surfaceflinger/LayerBase.cpp

frameworks/base/services/surfaceflinger/Layer.cpp: In member function 'virtual uint32_t android::Layer::doTransaction(uint32_t)':

frameworks/base/services/surfaceflinger/Layer.cpp:367: error: 'class android::SurfaceFlinger' has no member named 'hasFreezeRequest'

frameworks/base/services/surfaceflinger/Layer.cpp:371: error: 'mFreezeLock' was not declared in this scope

frameworks/base/services/surfaceflinger/Layer.cpp:371: error: 'class android::SurfaceFlinger' has no member named 'getFreezeLock'

frameworks/base/services/surfaceflinger/Layer.cpp:392: error: 'mFreezeLock' was not declared in this scope

frameworks/base/services/surfaceflinger/Layer.cpp: In member function 'virtual void android::Layer::lockPageFlip(bool&)':

frameworks/base/services/surfaceflinger/Layer.cpp:508: error: 'mFreezeLock' was not declared in this scope

frameworks/base/services/surfaceflinger/Layer.cpp: In member function 'virtual void android::Layer::unlockPageFlip(const android::Transform&, android::Region&)':

frameworks/base/services/surfaceflinger/Layer.cpp:544: error: 'mFreezeLock' was not declared in this scope

frameworks/base/services/surfaceflinger/Layer.cpp: In member function 'virtual void android::Layer::dump(android::String8&, char*, size_t) const':

frameworks/base/services/surfaceflinger/Layer.cpp:565: error: 'getFreezeLock' was not declared in this scope

make: *** [out/target/product/blade/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libsurfaceflinger_intermediates/Layer.o] Error 1

make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Guest t0mm13b

I've tried to compile Android 4.0.3 with the latest changes submited to Github. It does the EGL part well but stops with libsurfaceflinger.

target thumb C++: libsurfaceflinger <= frameworks/base/services/surfaceflinger/LayerBase.cpp

frameworks/base/services/surfaceflinger/Layer.cpp: In member function 'virtual uint32_t android::Layer::doTransaction(uint32_t)':

frameworks/base/services/surfaceflinger/Layer.cpp:367: error: 'class android::SurfaceFlinger' has no member named 'hasFreezeRequest'

frameworks/base/services/surfaceflinger/Layer.cpp:371: error: 'mFreezeLock' was not declared in this scope

frameworks/base/services/surfaceflinger/Layer.cpp:371: error: 'class android::SurfaceFlinger' has no member named 'getFreezeLock'

frameworks/base/services/surfaceflinger/Layer.cpp:392: error: 'mFreezeLock' was not declared in this scope

frameworks/base/services/surfaceflinger/Layer.cpp: In member function 'virtual void android::Layer::lockPageFlip(bool&)':

frameworks/base/services/surfaceflinger/Layer.cpp:508: error: 'mFreezeLock' was not declared in this scope

frameworks/base/services/surfaceflinger/Layer.cpp: In member function 'virtual void android::Layer::unlockPageFlip(const android::Transform&, android::Region&)':

frameworks/base/services/surfaceflinger/Layer.cpp:544: error: 'mFreezeLock' was not declared in this scope

frameworks/base/services/surfaceflinger/Layer.cpp: In member function 'virtual void android::Layer::dump(android::String8&, char*, size_t) const':

frameworks/base/services/surfaceflinger/Layer.cpp:565: error: 'getFreezeLock' was not declared in this scope

make: *** [out/target/product/blade/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libsurfaceflinger_intermediates/Layer.o] Error 1

make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Do a git pull to get the latest Layer.cpp from the repo ;)