[DEV] AOSP Dev for Zte Blade

Guest t0mm13b

Guest KonstaT

Uhmmm you're looking in the wrong spot, its in drivers/input/touchscreens/synaptics_i2c_rmi.c

There's about 4 or 5 of those, need to comment the lines that says it input_mt_sync(ts->input_dev) and be sure to copy the synaptics_i2c_rmi.idc into the ics's filesystem running, in /system/usr/idc

Yeah, sorry that's what I meant. It just says that path in the first line of that file and I copy&pasted it from there. :P I'll try again.

Edited by KonstaT

Bingo! :D

Yeah, I don't dig changing framework-res to hero's port stops the error...

So can someone confirm and check with someone who has a ROM Dump of the Galaxy Nexus running ICS and see if the differences are there with CM7's own apnlist which is used here that could be causing that phone force close?

This line is the key then:

String[] networkConfigStrings = mPhone.getContext().getResources().getStringArray(com.android.internal.R.array.networkAttributes);

Basically the array in com.android.internal.R.array.networkAttributes must be in the wrong format. Are you saying that the apnlist is where the

com.android.internal.R.array.networkAttributes array comes from?

Guest t0mm13b

This line is the key then:

String[] networkConfigStrings = mPhone.getContext().getResources().getStringArray(com.android.internal.R.array.networkAttributes);

Basically the array in com.android.internal.R.array.networkAttributes must be in the wrong format. Are you saying that the apnlist is where the

com.android.internal.R.array.networkAttributes array comes from?

I think so, fgrep on that com.android.internal.R.array.networkAttributes yielded no hit so something is amiss or a mis-spelling like what I mentioned previously on page 5 a few posts back...

I think so, fgrep on that com.android.internal.R.array.networkAttributes yielded no hit so something is amiss or a mis-spelling like what I mentioned previously on page 5 a few posts back...

the only reference i found to it is ".field public static final networkAttributes:I = 0x1070013" which was in com.android.internal.R.array. But I cant find any file called networkAttributes

I guess networkAttributes is not a file thats why. but I dont know where else to find it

Edited by fp30

Guest Racerboy

Do you have sound on the racer with latest hero build?

sry for late reply:

with the latest hero alpha4 i have full screen without the virtual soft keys imposed on the main screen, sound works (had to modify the vold.fstab to mount sdcard to play music) also changed the build.prop slightly and changed the libhtc_ril.so

no network but i kinda expected that....

This is tested on Racer not Blade

Guest FezzFest

Does anyone know if the hero version of ics was ported from another device, aosp, or sdk port?

The Hero version of ICS was compiled from AOSP for ARMv5te.

@t0mm13b:

Now I finally got a working build environment, my laptop is yours to compile things. It still takes about an hour or two, but it's definately not 31 hours (should be an improvement! laugh.gif)

Edited by FezzFest

Guest t0mm13b

@FezzFest: LOL!

I am putting together a directory to be pushed out to github shortly... with all the changes made that is - quite a small repo

;)

/me whistles a merry tune....

Guest t0mm13b

the only reference i found to it is ".field public static final networkAttributes:I = 0x1070013" which was in com.android.internal.R.array. But I cant find any file called networkAttributes

I guess networkAttributes is not a file thats why. but I dont know where else to find it

Uhmmm....in frameworks/base/core/res/res/values/config.xml

<!-- This string array should be overridden by the device to present a list of network

attributes.  This is used by the connectivity manager to decide which networks can coexist

based on the hardware -->

<!-- An Array of "[Connection name],[ConnectivityManager.TYPE_xxxx],

[associated radio-type],[priority],[restoral-timer(ms)],[dependencyMet]  -->

<!-- the 5th element "resore-time" indicates the number of milliseconds to delay

before automatically restore the default connection.  Set -1 if the connection

does not require auto-restore. -->

<!-- the 6th element indicates boot-time dependency-met value. -->

<string-array translatable="false" name="networkAttributes">

<item>"wifi,1,1,1,-1,true"</item>

<item>"mobile,0,0,0,-1,true"</item>

<item>"mobile_mms,2,0,2,60000,true"</item>

<item>"mobile_supl,3,0,2,60000,true"</item>

<item>"mobile_hipri,5,0,3,60000,true"</item>

<item>"mobile_fota,10,0,2,60000,true"</item>

<item>"mobile_ims,11,0,2,60000,true"</item>

<item>"mobile_cbs,12,0,2,60000,true"</item>

<item>"wifi_p2p,13,1,0,-1,true"</item>

</string-array>

Don't see anything wrong with that? unless the parser is failing on the -1 which throws it off? :huh:

Edit: just realized, in the overlay directory in the device/zte/blade/overlay/frameworks/base/core/res/res/values, its there in cm7 but the build ignored the overlay directory due to clashes with namespaces etc - wonder is that it?

Edited by t0mm13b

Uhmmm....in frameworks/base/core/res/res/values/config.xml

<!-- This string array should be overridden by the device to present a list of network

attributes.  This is used by the connectivity manager to decide which networks can coexist

based on the hardware -->

<!-- An Array of "[Connection name],[ConnectivityManager.TYPE_xxxx],

[associated radio-type],[priority],[restoral-timer(ms)],[dependencyMet]  -->

<!-- the 5th element "resore-time" indicates the number of milliseconds to delay

before automatically restore the default connection.  Set -1 if the connection

does not require auto-restore. -->

<!-- the 6th element indicates boot-time dependency-met value. -->

</string-array>

Don't see anything wrong with that? unless the parser is failing on the -1 which throws it off? :huh:

Edit: just realized, in the overlay directory in the device/zte/blade/overlay/frameworks/base/core/res/res/values, its there in cm7 but the build ignored the overlay directory due to clashes with namespaces etc - wonder is that it?

could well be. in GB config.xml:

<item>"wifi,1,1,1"</item>

<item>"mobile,0,0,0"</item>

<item>"mobile_mms,2,0,2"</item>

<item>"mobile_supl,3,0,2"</item>

<item>"mobile_hipri,5,0,3"</item>

</string-array>

no -1's here so it could be that.

Edit: just read the whole of the comments for networkattributes. I guess -1 shouldnt throw it but it seems more than a coincidence that the -1 appears at index 5 and the error is also at index5

your other suggestion probably more likely though :rolleyes:

Edited by fp30

Guest t0mm13b

could well be. in GB config.xml:

</string-array>

no -1's here so it could be that.

Edit: just read the whole of the comments for networkattributes. I guess -1 shouldnt throw it but it seems more than a coincidence that the -1 appears at index 5 and the error is also at index5

Agreed! xD

Think we've nailed it down, somewhat, the 5th index is null as it was splitting the string up and expecting 6 values to stuff into the structure and throws up because only the GB stuff which has 4 values....

Uhmmm... wonder if this can be copied across....question is what would you use for element values for indexes 5 and 6...

Guest ManMetDeHamer

anyone has a link to a guide for setting up build environment or something?

i would like to try and learn some more about android roms and help working on this ics port, but i never realy found out how to get the build enviorment setup.

Guest hedgepigdaniel

Just tried a generic ICS system.img build, took my computer an hour to make.

For reference, its a mobile sandy bridge i7 with 8G of RAM running on a reasonably fast and new 2.5" HDD. My RAM got maxed out and the desktop froze for a few minutes towards the end but it recovered and obviously didn't take all that long.

Edited by hedgepigdaniel

Guest hedgepigdaniel

anyone has a link to a guide for setting up build environment or something?

i would like to try and learn some more about android roms and help working on this ics port, but i never realy found out how to get the build enviorment setup.

make a new thread I think, but try http://source.android.com/source/initializing.html and http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/ZTE_Blade:_Compile_CyanogenMod_(Linux)

I've just worked all this out in the last few days, good fun, if frustrating at times.

Guest hedgepigdaniel

Some queries from a beginner, if you have time:

• 4. fix up the missing resource via add-resource tag in launcher2's [config|strings].xml, as in using the <add-resource type="string" or "bool" or "int" name="...">...</add-resource>
  • 11. oprofile's libpp - compile error, add
    #include <stddef.h>
    (IIRC)
  • 12. libgralloc_qsd8k - window.h compile error memset, line 75, 303, need to add
    #include <string.h>
    to the said header file.
4. There appear to be lots of different config.xml and strings.xml files in /packages/apps/launcher2 do I need to modify all of them? 11. I've found /external/oprofile/libpp/ but I'm not sure which file you are referring to. 12. In hardware/msm7k/libgralloc-qsd8k/ I do not see a file called window.h Perhaps these things will become more obvious one I try a build. Speaking of which, what is the sequence of commands to build? Ive tried
lunch zte_blade-eng

but I am told there is no products spec for zte_blade and to check if I have the right repo manifest.

Edited by hedgepigdaniel

Guest KonstaT

I have the com.android.phone force-close sorted. You guys were right. :)

I just commented out all of these lines from device/zte/blade/overlay/frameworks/base/core/res/res/values/

<!--
<item>"mobile_dun,4,0,4"</item>
</string-array>
-->
[/code]

Next I'm trying to get sdcard mounted. Any ideas?

Guest KonstaT

Some queries from a beginner, if you have time:

4. There appear to be lots of different config.xml and strings.xml files in /packages/apps/launcher2 do I need to modify all of them?

11. I've found /external/oprofile/libpp/ but I'm not sure which file you are referring to.

12. In hardware/msm7k/libgralloc-qsd8k/ I do not see a file called window.h

Perhaps these things will become more obvious one I try a build.

Speaking of which, what is the sequence of commands to build? Ive tried

lunch zte_blade-eng

but I am told there is no products spec for zte_blade and to check if I have the right repo manifest.

It might be easier just to try to build it and try to fix any errors that the compiler gives you on the way. There are solutions to most of those in the first post.

After you've copied device/zte/blade tree you have to do '. build/envsetup.sh' after that you can just use 'lunch'. It gives you menu where you can choose. lunch zte_blade-eng should be also right though.

Edited by KonstaT

I have the com.android.phone force-close sorted. You guys were right. :)

I just commented out all of these lines from device/zte/blade/overlay/frameworks/base/core/res/res/values/

<!--

</string-array>

-->

this is config.xml file for GB. is that because the overlay wouldnt compile properly from ICS source?

rather than commenting those lines out, probably wouldve been better to to edit the arrays to make the same as ICS values. they are given above somewhere

Edited by fp30

(had to modify the vold.fstab to mount sdcard to play music)

Next I'm trying to get sdcard mounted. Any ideas?

will modifying vold.fstab not work? it seems to have worked for Racerboy

Guest KonstaT

this is config.xml file for GB. is that because the overlay wouldnt compile properly from ICS source?

rather than commenting those lines out, probably wouldve been better to to edit the arrays to make the same as ICS values. they are given above somewhere

That's way too difficult question for me. :P You're probably right about the GB and ICS values clashing. It might be better to sort proper ICS values out, but it's just a dirty hack to get forward at this time...

Guest hedgepigdaniel

It might be easier just to try to build it and try to fix any errors that the compiler gives you on the way. There are solutions to most of those in the first post.

After you've copied device/zte/blade tree you have to do '. build/envsetup.sh' after that you can just use 'lunch'. It gives you menu where you can choose. lunch zte_blade-eng should be also right though.

I've done all that and lunch does indeed show the option for "zte_blade-eng" If I call it with no arguments, but I still get the same error:

build/core/TARGET_linux-arm.mk:39: *** Unknown ARM architecture version armv6-vfp. Stop.

** Don't have a product spef for 'zte_blade'

** Do you have the right repo manifest?

That's way too difficult question for me. :P You're probably right about the GB and ICS values clashing. It might be better to sort proper ICS values out, but it's just a dirty hack to get forward at this time...

hehe dont worry I dont really know what Im talking about either. just trying to be as logical as possible!

what I mean is in frameworks/base/core/res/res/values/config.xml from ICS source we have

</string-array>

but you say you commented out

</string-array>

which is actually from the frameworks/base/core/res/res/values/config.xml of GB source. So Im a little confused as to why you have a GB file in an ICS build.

Could you perhaps try changing the item lines you have in your file to those in the ICS file and see if you still get the error. That would be a better fix/workaround I think

Guest KonstaT

I've done all that and lunch does indeed show the option for "zte_blade-eng" If I call it with no arguments, but I still get the same error:

build/core/TARGET_linux-arm.mk:39: *** Unknown ARM architecture version armv6-vfp. Stop.

** Don't have a product spef for 'zte_blade'
** Do you have the right repo manifest?[/code] Ah yes, the very first error. A lot more errors still coming along, I can promise. :) You need to edit /device/zte/blade/BoardConfig.mk. ICS source doesn't support armv6. I'm using now armv5te-vfp. Try this instead:
[code]
TARGET_BOARD_PLATFORM := msm7k
TARGET_CPU_ABI := armeabi
TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT := armv5te-vfp

Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

which is actually from the frameworks/base/core/res/res/values/config.xml of GB source. So Im a little confused as to why you have a GB file in an ICS build.

Could you perhaps try changing the item lines you have in your file to those in the ICS file and see if you still get the error. That would be a better fix/workaround I think

I commented lines out from my /device/zte/blade/overlay/and/so/on. It's also from GB because it's copied from CM7.

Guest furrabbit.nh

In file vold.fstab in ets !!! It for SD Card.

Im currently trying to mount sd via moding vold.fstab no look, in the cm7 vold.ftsab is the that the blades actual mount point?

Edit: when trying to use cm7 vold.fstab trying to open music player it says "your usb storage is in use" or something simlar, but if i change the mount point in vold.fstab it says "no sd card inserted" :S

Edited by furrabbit.nh