4 Apr Ir13 (IMM76D / 4.0.4 / CDMA + GSM): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

On their own or once you joined the accounts? My work WiFi is a bit crap so may not do it until when I get home

I didn't join any accounts yet, I literally just hit sync all to test.

P

Ah, I've only sync'd with existing contacts...will see what it does. The WiFi is so bad here it won't actually go blue to show connected to Google services! :D

That definitely won't help! :)

P

Guest Rik Brown

Should I be expecting a notification if it's syncing pics? All the contacts have appeared, but so far refuse to show any pics.

Thanks so much Paul - I am really enjoying your tweaks!

Guest Rik Brown

I didn't do a wipe, I just upgraded the ROM on top of the previous version - should I be wiping?

I'm seeing a sync of the contacts, just it's not pulling their pics.

Will try a reboot.

I didn't do a wipe, I just upgraded the ROM on top of the previous version - should I be wiping?

I'm seeing a sync of the contacts, just it's not pulling their pics.

Will try a reboot.

No wipe required. I didn't see the pics for a good while after the contacts initially synced. They just suddenly appeared, very odd...!

P

Guest Rik Brown

That's fine then... I did a manual Sync Now using the Accounts settings, still no pics. Will give it time.

I assume because (from what I can see) they're hooking into the People app now (instead of getting uploaded to my Google Contacts) it will keep the high resolution photos?

That's fine then... I did a manual Sync Now using the Accounts settings, still no pics. Will give it time.

I assume because (from what I can see) they're hooking into the People app now (instead of getting uploaded to my Google Contacts) it will keep the high resolution photos?

They're not. Nothing has changed with how it worked before, so the pics are crappy low resolution.

P

I've got problems with Gtalk. Running mcr5 out from kitchen i can't initiate in any way Gtalk video chat - i don't even have the "video"-icon-button, to chose that.

I'm pretty sure, that i had this button e few days ago with the same rom. In the meantime i didn't change anything - and now video-chat has gone....rebooting doesn't help.

Does somebody have a hint for me what to do?

Guest Rik Brown

They're not. Nothing has changed with how it worked before, so the pics are crappy low resolution.

P

Oh maybe I'm misunderstanding how it all works.

Is the crap resolution due to it uploading them to Google Contacts, which is resizing them to something tiny?

If so why are the Google+ linked contacts unaffected?

Thanks.

Oh maybe I'm misunderstanding how it all works.

Is the crap resolution due to it uploading them to Google Contacts, which is resizing them to something tiny?

If so why are the Google+ linked contacts unaffected?

Thanks.

Because Google+ contact pictures are not resized / are much better resolution

Paul,

If I choose the elements I want from the kitchen bar the kernel, and install the rom on top of the one I have now, do I keep my current kernel or mess up the phone?

Something you might know Paul. I'm using Trackball Alert Pro and just wondering how to set it up to show it's charging?

Also, EFS - what's that?

I'm using lite flow LED control (lite) and it allows you to set a custom colour for charging and charged with always on being a newly added option. Worth a look

Just updated and facebook sync seems to work great. Looks like it worked immediately for me although some where already synced on the PC to my Gmail so that pictures showed up in desksms. It is crap on Googles part that the contact pictures are so pixelated. I'd rather have a smaller picture even if the big ones are nicer.

Guest roswell_blake

Not sure if anyone has noticed this before but it just started happening to me yesterday. When in the Messaging application, the soft keys disappear completely. Locking and unlocking doesn't solve this but changing the orientation to landscape does. Because the fix is simple enough, I'm not really complaining but wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this. I haven't updated to the latest version yet - doing a back up as I type this, so it's on the previous version.

Guest Drawde40599

paul gm , i mean no direspect asking this but i no how fast u go from phone to phone and sooner or later this rom will most like stop , my question is the code for your search buttons and active menu buttons , have u added to the cyanogen teams git ?i would love to see that stuff in there rom when done . (im.not exactly sure how stuff is addted to git so if mh question is dumb sorry (funny)

Guest poi2005

I have noticed some strange "awake" activity in my phone.

I have SGS2 (using Gr5) and Nexus (using Ir5 without OC/UC kernel with XXXK6 radio), both have been standby whole night for 7 hours (I am sleeping).

My nexus battery status showed that "awake" has a lot of activities, as for SGS2 showed that "awake" has one or 2 activities within the 7 hours period.

I am wondering, is this causing the drain of the nexus battery.

I have mobile data and wifi turn off, nexus drain 30% of battery, where as my SGS2 drains about only 10%.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

edit: After some light usage (2~3 phone calls (2 minutes average), 5 minutes facebook), 15 hours since last full charge, I have 40% battery left, cant even go through one day of usage.

post-862941-0-17820900-1323813623_thumb.

post-862941-0-35951200-1323813633_thumb.

Edited by poi2005

Guest DarrylUK

I've noticed that lock screen controls don't seem to work properly.

Unlock to camera for example just unlocks. Upont the next press of something on the screen (e.g. an icon or the keyboard) the camera will launch.

It's the same with music controla. If I press next nothing will happen but if I unlock and press something the track will skip.

Any ideas? Seemed to behave correctly on stock.

Guest geovass

I've noticed that lock screen controls don't seem to work properly.

Unlock to camera for example just unlocks. Upont the next press of something on the screen (e.g. an icon or the keyboard) the camera will launch.

It's the same with music controla. If I press next nothing will happen but if I unlock and press something the track will skip.

Any ideas? Seemed to behave correctly on stock.

Mine works great. Are you sure you have flashed correctly?

Try again and if not, clear cache, ect