4 Apr Ir13 (IMM76D / 4.0.4 / CDMA + GSM): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

I have noticed some strange "awake" activity in my phone.

I have SGS2 (using Gr5) and Nexus (using Ir5 without OC/UC kernel with XXXK6 radio), both have been standby whole night for 7 hours (I am sleeping).

My nexus battery status showed that "awake" has a lot of activities, as for SGS2 showed that "awake" has one or 2 activities within the 7 hours period.

I am wondering, is this causing the drain of the nexus battery.

I have mobile data and wifi turn off, nexus drain 30% of battery, where as my SGS2 drains about only 10%.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

edit: After some light usage (2~3 phone calls (2 minutes average), 5 minutes facebook), 15 hours since last full charge, I have 40% battery left, cant even go through one day of usage.

I have noticed this too, but only since reflashing the XXXK6 radio. Maybe that is the culprit?

Guest boostermbkking

i have buy a premium account and i have received the mail from modaco but I can not find a way into the kitchen, someone tells me how to do it or I will post a link?

Hi iv'e downloaded the rom from online kitchen but when ever i try to open the gallery app it forcecloses. and second thing in the online kitchen ive not selected the option of the search bar but when i flash the rom the search bar is there i dont want it , can you help me please

Kitchen update!

P

Changelog

14 Dec 17:45 (pre Ir6)

• Updated MoDaCo Custom Kernel (MCK) to r5 (standard and oc/uv), removed USB OTG wakelock.
  • Added baseband UGKK7 option.

i have buy a premium account and i have received the mail from modaco but I can not find a way into the kitchen, someone tells me how to do it or I will post a link?

it's just on the first page of this thread. 2nd post.

I'm guessing UGKK7 is the latest radio?

Shame google don't put in some of Paul's tweaks then staying on stock would be an option. Things like the Menu buttons seem obvious! Looks so much better!

Iam Premium Member too, but i cant use the Kitchen.

He says, iam not a Premium Member.

When did you become premium member and how? If you used the $9 way you need to forward your receipt to Paul. He is normally pretty good at making people premium users.

Guest beejizzle

Paul: Do you think you can tweak/mod/rebuild the stock keyboard with Nordic dictionaries from official gingerbread keyboard or maybe CM7 dict ? Swedish Samsung told us they would include the Swedish dictionary in the keyboard but it isnt there and there is not possible find it in the download section for the dictionaries.

Should be rather easy with the I guess, isnt it just to copy raw-sv with the .dict file and rebuild, right?

Thank you!

Guest seakins

Kitchen update!

P

Changelog

14 Dec 17:45 (pre Ir6)

• Updated MoDaCo Custom Kernel (MCK) to r5 (standard and oc/uv), removed USB OTG wakelock.
  • Added baseband UGKK7 option.

Which kernal do I use in the kitchen to have the removed USB OTG wakelock? Not clear between the two choices.

And what improvements does a new baseband bring to the phone or is it just a case of try it out for size and nand back if it's not good?

Which kernal do I use in the kitchen to have the removed USB OTG wakelock? Not clear between the two choices.

And what improvements does a new baseband bring to the phone or is it just a case of try it out for size and nand back if it's not good?

Both r5 custom kernels include that.

New basebands should be better, it's generally pretty network variable though.

P

Guest Darren.M

Both r5 custom kernels include that.

New basebands should be better, it's generally pretty network variable though.

P

Is there is recommended base band for UK networks? (namely T Mobile UK)

Guest mkhayyat

Hello Paul.....

I have a sound bug (I hear small tik) I tried the newest rom ir6 with kernel of sound bug....but the problem still there.

could you look for that.

Guest Bierfreund

Is it necessary to recalibrate battery (delete batter stats) after reflashing?

I saw a feature called "Battery auto-calibration script" in another rom. Is something like that also included here or will it ever be included?

Is MoDaCo Custom Kernel r5 available seperatly? I think the kernel from here]http://android.modac...ard-mouse/ is older (r2).

I sometimes try different kernels and it would be nice to have the option just to reflash the kernel.

Edited by Bierfreund

Is there is recommended base band for UK networks? (namely T Mobile UK)

I'm guessing the latest XX (as of right now thats XXK6) or XW baseband for us in the UK, and UG (as of right now its UGK7 or UGL1) for those in america:

The Baseband is defined by 3 sets of codes. The first two are the Country Code, the next 2 denote the Year and Month (KK = 2011 November) and the last number denotes the Revision.

Country Code:

CE---> Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands

DC---> Thailand

DD---> India

DX---> Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam

DZ---> Malaysia, Singapore

JA---> South Africa

JC---> Algeria, Morocco, Nigeria, South Africa, Tunisia

JP---> Arabic, Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Morocco, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Syria

JV---> Tunisia, Turkey

UG---> North America

UH---> Latin America, The Caribbean

XE---> Bulgaria, Estonia, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Russia, Ukraine

XX---> Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, United Kingdom

XW---> Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Nordic, Spain, United Kingdom

ZC---> China, Hong Kong

ZH---> Hong Kong

ZS---> China, Hong Kong

ZT---> Taiwan

Edited by kam187

I'm guessing the latest XX (as of right now thats XXK6) or XW baseband for us in the UK, and UG (as of right now its UGK7 or UGL1) for those in america:

The Baseband is defined by 3 sets of codes. The first two are the Country Code, the next 2 denote the Year and Month (KK = 2011 November) and the last number denotes the Revision.

Country Code:

CE---> Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands

DC---> Thailand

DD---> India

DX---> Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam

DZ---> Malaysia, Singapore

JA---> South Africa

JC---> Algeria, Morocco, Nigeria, South Africa, Tunisia

JP---> Arabic, Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Morocco, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Syria

JV---> Tunisia, Turkey

UG---> North America

UH---> Latin America, The Caribbean

XE---> Bulgaria, Estonia, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Russia, Ukraine

XX---> Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, United Kingdom

XW---> Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Nordic, Spain, United Kingdom

ZC---> China, Hong Kong

ZH---> Hong Kong

ZS---> China, Hong Kong

ZT---> Taiwan

Interesting... source?

Mine is from a Dutch retailer and it came with XX not CE though?

Interesting... source?

Mine is from a Dutch retailer and it came with XX not CE though?

xda-developers.. although samsung have had this naming scheme for quite some time. It was similar on the very first Galaxy - the i7500. I use to dev for that phone :)

I don't really think there's much difference between the european ones as they all use 900/1800 frequencies. The US ones on the other hand will have their search periods biased towards 850/1900 bands.

Edited by kam187