4 Apr Ir13 (IMM76D / 4.0.4 / CDMA + GSM): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest StuMcBill

That means you can't use the OC kernel, like many others (me included).

On XDA you can find the undervolt only if you wanted it.

I booted the OC/UV kernel on my device and it defaulted to 1.2GHz, so I don't know why it would boot on one device and not another?

Although, I just checked on my device, even I have SetCPU set to Max 1200Ghz, the "Time in State" tab shows that it is getting to 1.4Ghz?

Any ideas why that would be?

Hmm so is there an ir5 UV only kernel? I'm wondering maybe because I didnt have setCPU installed at all it may have defaulted to a max of 1.4

Waiting a while for it to dexopt 153 applications :/ at 105 so far....

Guest StuMcBill

Paul,

I included the EFS backup option on my Kitchen build, but I don't seem to have /sdcard/efs.autobackup.tar.gz?

Any ideas?

Cheers

Stewart

Paul,

Just to let you know, this file got generated the SECOND time I booted your rom, maybe you should say that in your Kitchen description?

Cheers

Stewart

Edit

Should the IMEI folder only have one file with the text XEU in it?

Just want to make sure that its all backed up properly!

Edited by StuMcBill

Hmm so is there an ir5 UV only kernel? I'm wondering maybe because I didnt have setCPU installed at all it may have defaulted to a max of 1.4

Waiting a while for it to dexopt 153 applications :/ at 105 so far....

No, there's the regular MCK r5 kernel, then the OC/UV version. This only OCs if you tell it to (default max is 1.2GHz), I need to double check when it UVs.

P

Paul,

Just to let you know, this file got generated the SECOND time I booted your rom, maybe you should say that in your Kitchen description?

Cheers

Stewart

Edit

Should the IMEI folder only have one file with the text XEU in it?

Just want to make sure that its all backed up properly!

Weird, wonder why it didn't do it first time, will check.

Here's my EFS backup contents and yes, the file has 'XEU' in it...

efs
efs/bluetooth
efs/bluetooth/bt_addr
efs/hdcp.keys
efs/imei
efs/imei/mps_code.dat
efs/lost+found
efs/nv.log
efs/nv_data.bin
efs/nv_data.bin.md5
efs/wifi
efs/wifi/.mac.info
efs/wv.keys[/code]

P

ROM baked/flashed and all is well. Even the APM mod works without issues so I'm happy! :D

OK i gave up on the OC/UV kernel and went back to the normal one. Can i request a UV only option in the kitchen for the new build please! It should help a lot with standby time I think.

Guest StuMcBill

I don't use OC or UV so a 'normal' kernel suits me fine!

I have the OC/UV Kernel installed, but I don't have any Overclocking activated.

However, it looks like it gets to 1.4Ghz before Android boots before SetCPU kicks in.

Stewart

Paul,

If I choose the elements I want from the kitchen bar the kernel, and install the rom on top of the one I have now, do I keep my current kernel or mess up the phone?

Anyone can help?

Thanks.

Guest StuMcBill

Paul,

One thing i have noticed on your Rom.

I have flashed your button mod with the search button, and menu at both sides when needed.

When i am in the browser in portrait mode the search button is visible, when in landscape it is only the Back, Home and Task Manager buttons visible.

Just wanted to make you aware of this issue.

Keep up the good work.

Stewart

Paul,

One thing i have noticed on your Rom.

I have flashed your button mod with the search button, and menu at both sides when needed.

When i am in the browser in portrait mode the search button is visible, when in landscape it is only the Back, Home and Task Manager buttons visible.

Just wanted to make you aware of this issue.

Keep up the good work.

Stewart

That's by design... I am considering adding a search button to landscape...

P

Guest Brian L

So am i correct in saying the UGKK7 radio is for North America? I usually don't switch radio's unless I have a problem, but maybe I will try it. I have also found better battery life with stock kernel rather then mcr kernel for some reason, havent tried the oc/uv yet, no reason to really. As usual everything else is awesome, thanks paul!