4 Apr Ir13 (IMM76D / 4.0.4 / CDMA + GSM): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

New kernel based on the latest release coming up with the next full release.

My broadband is knackered atm which doesn't help, it's coming tho. ;)

P

Yep, take your time, no rush - I'm not back until the weekend... lol.

Guest Nikolas Skoufis

P

As in the IML74K build? With the NFC fix? I can't wait!!

P

that's great news!

just a short question about the battery life: with a moderate use, how long wll it last? (on average)

looks like this is the only real problem I have on this device.

Guest chowdarygm

that's great news!

just a short question about the battery life: with a moderate use, how long wll it last? (on average)

looks like this is the only real problem I have on this device.

with IR6 and stock kernel, if i take off my nexus from charging at 10 PM with moderate to heavy usage my nexus shouts for low battery by 6-7 PM which i consider is very good.

Waiting eagerly for 4.0.3 ir7 :)

Guest poi2005

with IR6 and stock kernel, if i take off my nexus from charging at 10 PM with moderate to heavy usage my nexus shouts for low battery by 6-7 PM which i consider is very good.

Waiting eagerly for 4.0.3 ir7 :)

Which baseband you are using?

I am using XXKK6, non oc/uc kernel R5 IR6 rom,

After full charged it drops from 100% to 95% within 1 hour no usage, just standby mode only (no auto-sync, WiFi off), approximately 5% per hour with no or light usage only. If heavy usage, it drains a lot faster, sighz.

Compare to my Galaxy S2 drain only 1%~2% per hour (no or light usage), it is draining a lot faster on the GN.

Edited by poi2005

Guest chowdarygm

Which baseband you are using?

I am using XXKK6, non oc/uc kernel R5 IR6 rom,

After full charged it drops from 100% to 95% within 1 hour no usage, just standby mode only (no auto-sync, WiFi off), approximately 5% per hour with no or light usage only. If heavy usage, it drains a lot faster, sighz.

Compare to my Galaxy S2 drain only 1%~2% per hour (no or light usage), it is draining a lot faster on the GN.

I am using KK1 baseband and stock kernel. for me from 10PM to morning 8AM with no use, i loose only 8 % of battery. that too with autosync on and 4-5 gmails in inbox by morning with notification light glowing.

Edited by chowdarygm

Guest Drawde40599

I'm getting 14 hours off each charge internet used, 300+ texts, a day. I'm OC to 1400 UV a little bit I'm finding this battery way better than my skyrocket, and both euro and at&t gs2 's

Guest poi2005

I am using KK1 baseband and stock kernel. for me from 10PM to morning 8AM with no use, i loose only 8 % of battery. that too with autosync on and 4-5 gmails in inbox by morning with notification light glowing.

That's amazing!!

Cool, I think I will revert back to KK1 and or together with stock kernel to see how it goes with the battery life.

Cheers!

I'm getting 14 hours off each charge internet used, 300+ texts, a day. I'm OC to 1400 UV a little bit I'm finding this battery way better than my skyrocket, and both euro and at&t gs2 's

ciao!

would you mind publishing a table with undervolting values?

Are you using Setcpu?

thank you very much!

luca

a last request: there's no way to connect my phone to a mac to transfer files. not even android file transfer recognizes the phone when connected.

is there a way to solve this?

ciao and thank you!

Guest Drawde40599

ciao!

would you mind publishing a table with undervolting values?

Are you using Setcpu?

thank you very much!

luca

Set cpu - 50 on each value -75 works ok but sometimes locks up haven't played with to find out witch freq causing......

Guest gaeng4665

a last request: there's no way to connect my phone to a mac to transfer files. not even android file transfer recognizes the phone when connected.

is there a way to solve this?

ciao and thank you!

Try to disable usb-debugging. Worked for me with a mac...

Cheers

Try to disable usb-debugging. Worked for me with a mac...

Cheers

no way... it always says: "to start, connect your android device with usb cable".

that's really annoying...

Guest gaeng4665

no way... it always says: "to start, connect your android device with usb cable".

that's really annoying...

And again! USB-Debugging can be enabled/disabled in settings! It has nothing to do with plugging the usb cable in your device.

Try it. It worked for me. Or if you find a better solution please share it.

Just trying to help.

Cheers

And again! USB-Debugging can be enabled/disabled in settings! It has nothing to do with plugging the usb cable in your device.

Try it. It worked for me. Or if you find a better solution please share it.

Just trying to help.

Cheers

thank you for your kind support! Maybe I didn't express properly what I was thinking.

I already tried to disable usb debugging but I was not able to plug it to my mac any way.

I tried changing mac, but I could not plug it into the other computer as well.

Now the bad thing is that I can't transfer files on windows too. It was working until I installed paul's latest release.

that's why I was asking for help.

This morning my phone woke me up as it was randomly stuck in a bootloop (google logo then vibrate/reboot).

I havent made any changes since applying one of Pauls custom roms baked in the kitchen a while back..

Ive been getting the OTA update notification for a week or so and have been ignoring it...

It seems very strange that after running hte custom rom without issue for so long, and with no changes the phone suddenly decides to be a PITA and bootloop??

To fix I ran the fastboot oem lock command in adb, then unlocked again which fixed it. :rolleyes:

Any ideas? Anyone else had a similar issue?

Guest gaeng4665

thank you for your kind support! Maybe I didn't express properly what I was thinking.

I already tried to disable usb debugging but I was not able to plug it to my mac any way.

I tried changing mac, but I could not plug it into the other computer as well.

Now the bad thing is that I can't transfer files on windows too. It was working until I installed paul's latest release.

that's why I was asking for help.

No probs. It just popped my mind that the usb connection problem also started for me after installing paul's latest release. As a workaround, download filezilla on your mac, donwload ftp server on your galaxy nexus, if your not connected to a wifi network, use your mac as a router and transfer your files with the two programms i told you.

Cheers

Edited by gaeng4665

Guest krypto16

Is anyone else experiencing extremely slow USB transfers using both MTP and PTP (WIndows 7 Pro x64)? I don't get this with any other ROM..

:(

I had the same problem thw other day trying to transfer nandriods to my Win7 64 bit machine. Took 45 minutes to transfer 2 backups. Have not even tried again since. I now use dropbox to transfer files back and forth until it hopefully gets fixed in the next release or i flash another rom.

Guest siedkins

No probs. It just popped my mind that the usb connection problem also started for me after installing paul's latest release. As a workaround, download filezilla on your mac, donwload ftp server on your galaxy nexus, if your not connected to a wifi network, use your mac as a router and transfer your files with the two programms i told you.

Cheers

My Mac hasn't been playing nicely with Android File Transfer today so I am resorting to Air Droid - works like a treat! Only problem is that saving large files take a bit of time but Android File Transfer woudn't copy my Nandroid backups - kept stalling on each of them.

Cheers

thank you! great solutions! I will adopt this!