4 Apr Ir13 (IMM76D / 4.0.4 / CDMA + GSM): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Hi Paul, my questions:

-is adb fixed in new r7 kernel?

-will OC work with devices which had serious lag with previous OC kernels and 4.0.1?

-are there any improvements concerning MTP connectivity/server especially with linux?

thanks in advance ;)

rm

- yes

- unknown, as mine isn't one of those devices

- not that i'm aware of

P

OK dudes, apologies for the little hiccup, one of the kitchen uploads was incomplete so caused a bunch of broken stuff in downloads, it's resolved now.

As noted previously, backup before you flash and let me know how you get on - there's a lot changed in this release! :)

P

- yes

- unknown, as mine isn't one of those devices

- not that i'm aware of

P

Hi,

OC kernel still causes extreme slowdowns with my device. anyone with same issues? maybe a solution?

adb is really fixed, thanks, MTP still doesn't work correctly under linux.

rs

Maybe just something I screwed up, but getting FC on face unlock - otherwise seems to be working great so far!

Confirmed kitchen issue I'll fix in the morning, you can fix by deleting FaceLock.apk in /system/app and renaming FaceLock.ap FaceLock.apk. ;)

P

Guest tcraig1226

Hey Paul, you probably get asked this a ton, but do you happen to be working on a cdma/lte varient of your rom? I didn't realize it was gsm only when i flashed it, and I must say it was great work and I loved it other than the whole not having any service thing ;-)

Guest siedkins

Hi Paul

I have previously been applying two patches to your brilliant ROMs - only now I don't know what bits of the Pre-IR8 ROM are from which build. :blink:

The files that I think I need to patch are:

/System/framework/android.policy.jar

/System/framework/framework-res.apk

/System/app/SystemUI.apk

Can you let me know which ROM version each of these files are in the current pre-IR8 kitchen ROM's?

Below is the patches that I have been applying in case anyone else wants the background.

Cheers,

Si

----------------------------------------------------------------

The patches were:

Auto Brightness Patch & Advanced Power Menu

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1377410

The zip files seemed to patch:

android.policy.jar which gave APM

framework-res.apk which gave AutoBrightness Patch

I can remove the framework-res.apk from the zip before flashing as I want to test out the new stock AutoBrightness levels in the new base ROM 1st before patching.

1% Battery Mod for Deodexed ROM`s

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1375575

I know that this patches SystemUI.apk which is where your Alternative User Interface Options reside also, but the developer has kindly included versions of their mod which includes your mod too so I could have both.

Guest Highland3r

Confirmed kitchen issue I'll fix in the morning, you can fix by deleting FaceLock.apk in /system/app and renaming FaceLock.ap FaceLock.apk. ;)

P

Worked like a charm, cheers :D

Guest Darren.M

Hi Paul

I have previously been applying two patches to your brilliant ROMs - only now I don't know what bits of the Pre-IR8 ROM are from which build. :blink:

The files that I think I need to patch are:

/System/framework/android.policy.jar

/System/framework/framework-res.apk

/System/app/SystemUI.apk

Can you let me know which ROM version each of these files are in the current pre-IR8 kitchen ROM's?

Below is the patches that I have been applying in case anyone else wants the background.

Cheers,

Si

----------------------------------------------------------------

The patches were:

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1377410

I can remove the framework-res.apk from the zip before flashing as I want to test out the new stock AutoBrightness levels in the new base ROM 1st before patching.

1% Battery Mod for Deodexed ROM`s

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1375575

I know that this patches SystemUI.apk which is where your Alternative User Interface Options reside also, but the developer has kindly included versions of their mod which includes your mod too so I could have both.

I patched both of these MODs on pre-Ir8 and they work perfectly.

I'm trying the 5x4 grid now.

Guest siedkins

I patched both of these MODs on pre-Ir8 and they work perfectly.

Applying which version of the patches? The original ITL41F ones or ICL53F or IML74K? I am guessing what you are saying is that different versions of the files I listed work cross-ROM-versions. I want the new AutoBrightness mods tho. I don't know how to find the version numbers from the unpacked IR8 ROM. I could do a MD5 comparison to a pure ASOP ROM but I don't know what Paul has edited in MCR.

Can confirm the APM mod posted on this forum does NOT work - you press power and go to the boot animation. Need to wait on an update (I know there are other APM mods but the one on here is in the right order ;) )

Guest Darren.M

Applying which version of the patches? The original ITL41F ones or ICL53F or IML74K? I am guessing what you are saying is that different versions of the files I listed work cross-ROM-versions. I want the new AutoBrightness mods tho. I don't know how to find the version numbers from the unpacked IR8 ROM. I could do a MD5 comparison to a pure ASOP ROM but I don't know what Paul has edited in MCR.

ICL53F as the base of this build is 4.0.2

and use this if it helps:

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1377410

Edited by Darren.M