4 Apr Ir13 (IMM76D / 4.0.4 / CDMA + GSM): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Did you un-tick that option? I've done that before as it is ticked as standard. Also recall reading somewhere about this being an issue if you select not having the search bar or something like that..

baked me a ROM just now and the UI Options doesn't work!

I selected Menu on the right also active when hidden... and now I have Menu on both sides, and Search! -.-

Guest jmarcet

Hi!

I am trying to cook a rom with the stock three button row, without search and the three dots menu

(is that the classic menu?) button only on the right side, but whatever Modaco UI option I choose I

always get the same 4 button row, with search and the three dots menu button on both sides?

Guest frigorific

Hi, merry Christmas everybody :)

I'm on pre lr8 and had lr4 before that and that was right after root from stock UK gsm.

On the pre lr8 I've been having random drop of network while on the phone and the camera stop functioning that others are reporting. Other than those it seems to work great.

My question... Should I wipe between flashing the different kitchen bakes? And what changed from lr4 to now that I should pay attention to for better network stability. Are the "pre" versions less stable?

Thank you for all the hard work you put into this. I hope you have a jolly Christmas all you other gadget geeks out there ;)

Fred.

Guest mkent_barbados

Hi!

I am trying to cook a rom with the stock three button row, without search and the three dots menu

(is that the classic menu?) button only on the right side, but whatever Modaco UI option I choose I

always get the same 4 button row, with search and the three dots menu button on both sides?

Are you un-ticking the default option? And speaking of this, I installed lr8 with search but now see that its not really necessary as ICS provides it in apps that search...can I just cook with a new version and install without wiping anything? Will system apps be affected?

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ir8 is beautiful but almost every time I try to make a call the signal drops and then comes back after a minute or so. Anybody gone through this and solved it? Should I switch from default kernel? Battery life is super great on Ir8. Thanks Paul but help anyway!!!!!! :P

Edit: ****Anyone having this issue should use the XXKK6 baseband instead. Working great now so far.

Edited by bambax

Guest DarrylUK

Just want to chime in and say that the battery performance with the UV patch is phenomenal. Gonna try and wipe to try and sort the Google messenger FC problem.

Take a few days off and enjoy Xmas!

Guest DarrylUK

I love the ROM.... but my Google+ messaging app (and Google+ app) keeps crashing when someone sends me a message or I attempt to view one.

Any recommendations on how to fix?

Thanks

Edit: just did a reinstall from Titanium backup!!! now it works fine.

... strange :)

Keep up the good work!

How can you do a reinstall if I've never used Titanium backup before? Is it still possible?

Edit: uninstalled through Titanium backup and reinstalled through the market. Works fine now :-)

Edited by DarrylUK

Yeah just reflash, generally no wipe is needed.

Are you un-ticking the default option? And speaking of this, I installed lr8 with search but now see that its not really necessary as ICS provides it in apps that search...can I just cook with a new version and install without wiping anything? Will system apps be affected?

Guest CaspaTheGhost

@Paul

Got my GNexus yesterday after being away from Android (not my choice!) for the last year, so just renewed my AdFree for Kitchen access... Just about to sort out my bake now, its good to be back!

For the next release I vote for both the T9 Dialer and patched Exchange email with security bypass....

Thanks and looking forward to rooting and loading! Its been way too long, but remember MCR on my Hero and Desire back in the day...

Guest Darren.M

Does the UV kernel have preset UV values or do I need to set some in setCPU? If so, any recommended values?

Has to be set manually using setCPU.

Mine are currently at the following and are very stable:

• 1400MHz:1250mV
  • 1200MHz:1150mV
  • 920MHz:1050mV
  • 700MHz:950mV
  • 350MHz:850mV

You will be able to go slightly lower than these but use these as a good reference point.

baked me a ROM just now and the UI Options doesn't work!

I selected Menu on the right also active when hidden... and now I have Menu on both sides, and Search! -.-

Maybe you selected the Percentage Battery Meter...

Edited by mmisep

Guest siedkins

Has to be set manually using setCPU.

Mine are currently at the following and are very stable:

• 1400MHz:1250mV
  • 1200MHz:1150mV
  • 920MHz:1050mV
  • 700MHz:950mV
  • 350MHz:850mV

You will be able to go slightly lower than these but use these as a good reference point.

Cheers - I will test these now. Anyone know what the default ones are as mine seem to have gone now I have written these?

Cheers - I will test these now. Anyone know what the default ones are as mine seem to have gone now I have written these?

Default:

• 1400MHz:----mV
  • 1200MHz:1380mV
  • 920MHz:1317mV
  • 700MHz:1203mV
  • 350MHz:1025mV

Guest mkent_barbados

Hmm I was carefull to choose the option without search button, but I have it anyways (flashed on top of a 4 button MCR irl8)...I included the google search widget but also chose the rotating 5 row launcher...

Guest Darren.M

Hmm I was carefull to choose the option without search button, but I have it anyways (flashed on top of a 4 button MCR irl8)...I included the google search widget but also chose the rotating 5 row launcher...

If you pick the % battery mod then you will have the 4 buttons with menu on both sides (it will overwrite the UI option which you picked)

Guest Big-A-Rob

Is it possible to put two more "open directly" options on the lock screen @ the top and the bottom to go straight to say messaging and gmail / email?

I don't have my phone until Christmas day but I don't think it can be done stock. It would be a great kitchen option.

th_ibjKx.png

Widget locker lets you do just that, pick any shortcut and put widgets on the screen.

Guest wh1sperer

Hi everyone

I am using the prebakes just to try out the roms before I use the kitchen to make my own, I keep ending up in an boot loop with the tiles animation running infinitely as far as I can tell. I allowed it to run for an hour with no results. Restoring to my backup has the phone work fine. I followed the instructions and flashed the core and then the options one after the other. As far as I can tell im doing nothing wrong I was wondering if anyone had any ideas what I could do to unstick this.

Thanks

Edit: Managed to get it to boot by doing a full wipe and clear. Now I am having the baseband issues as previously reported in the prebake.

Edited by wh1sperer

Just want say that the battery performance with the OV/UV patch is phenomenal. This ist the fist version i will keep longer than one day. :-)

Thanks a lot for this really awesome ROM.

Guest Stretlow

Just want say that the battery performance with the OV/UV patch is phenomenal. This ist the fist version i will keep longer than one day. :-)

Thanks a lot for this really awesome ROM.

If I just flash the the patch will i get the benefit or do I have to set some values mentioned earlier (my skills are limited) mellow.gif

Guest Stretlow

Read a few pages of the thread... rolleyes.gif

I did, mentions nothing of the impact of just installing.. Like I said my skills are limited so i'd appreciate some help from this brilliant forum and not a sarcastic tit.

Stret

If I just flash the the patch will i get the benefit or do I have to set some values mentioned earlier (my skills are limited) mellow.gif

You can set the values if you want, i hadnt configure anythink. :-)

Maybe its not only the kernel...