4 Apr Ir13 (IMM76D / 4.0.4 / CDMA + GSM): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Cool! is that the MoDaCo Custom Kernel r7 with oc/uv or just the uv one?

I'm not too happy with mu Nexys battery life at the moment!

Using the Modaco UV only kernel - the OC ones makes my nexus lag (issue with some nexus's at 1.4Ghz). Anyway I don't think OC is even needed right now. Maybe in 6 to 8 months are apps and the OS start to use more resources.

I'm using the Voltage settings in Set CPU that are on the last page in another users post. The ones in my post are the stock ones!

Also fwiw i'm using the KK6 radio as i'm in Europe (UK). The KL1 is probably more suited for North America.

Edited by kam187

Guest Tyrellcorp

Using the Modaco UV only kernel - the OC ones makes my nexus lag (issue with some nexus's at 1.4Ghz). Anyway I don't think OC is even needed right now. Maybe in 6 to 8 months are apps and the OS start to use more resources.

I'm using the Voltage settings in Set CPU that are on the last page in another users post. The ones in my post are the stock ones!

Also fwiw i'm using the KK6 radio as i'm in Europe (UK). The KL1 is probably more suited for North America.

Thanks mate... I'm in the UK too, currently just on the prebake... but just signed up for that tasty kitchen if it means more battery!

I'm on the I9250XXKK6 radio, so I'll stick with that!

Care to share your SetCPU settings ?

ok so here is 'my' setcpu voltages

1200 MHz - 1300 mV

920 MHz - 1100 mV

700 MHz - 900 mV

350 MHz - 700 mV

iv only been running them today but already seen great results. i tried them a little lower but got an unresponsive screen for my passcode unlock. (to fix i held power to get the power options which must have give just enough to get the screen going again)

if anyone can give me advice for or against these setting i will be very grateful.

Guest rubenGN

I'm using these settings with the UV only Kernel:

1200 MHz - 1150 mV

920 MHz - 1050 mV

700 MHz - 950 mV

350 MHz - 850 mV

And right now I'm at 40% after 27 1/2h.

Edited by rubenGN

Guest soulcrash

Hi guys,

i have a little problem with the kitchen.

I´ve made several custom firmwares now, each with a different option regarding the position of the menue button. In none of these the search button was mentioned, but i always get the search button after flashing the zip.

which option do i have to select to have the same arrangement of soft buttons like in the stock rom? (menue button when active, no search button)

thanks ;)

Hi guys,

I´ve made several custom firmwares now, each with a different option regarding the position of the menue button. In none of these the search button was mentioned, but i always get the search button after flashing the zip.

which option do i have to select to have the same arrangement of soft buttons like in the stock rom? (menue button when active, no search button)

thanks ;)

Select the option that says just that just make sure that you untick the other option. For some reason it is preselected to have the setup you are getting so this could be the reason. Alternatively to fix this just flash the zip of the option you want from the other topic over the top of your ROM. This is what I have done previously.

Guest CaspaTheGhost

I'm using a custom bake with the UV only kernel and I have the same setting as per the other page and RubenGN... Havent noticed great battery life so far but at my current location my phone is on 0 or 1 bar and is constantly switching between 3G and H (and I mean CONSTANTLY SWITCHING) before sometime dropping to G... So not the best test location and its definitely not worthwhile posting my drain!

Otherwise ROM is great - haven't seen any camera issue either?!? unsure.gif

One thing though, my connection to the Google servers seems to be a bit awry at the moment as it will only work over the network and not Wifi... As soon as I connect to my folks Wifi, bam, grey icons all round... It was working perfectly yesterday so I'm not going to read to much into it at the moment - also, my Mum is downloading and updating the OS on her iPhone 4 so maybe Google know there's an active connection to Apple's servers and are like 'No way man, lock down that connection!' laugh.gif

Guest CaspaTheGhost

Hi guys,

thanks ;)

also make sure you aren't selecting one of the custom battery percentage options as they only come with the preselected Modaco UI option...

Guest Big-A-Rob

Running ir8 built from kitchen. Using facbook sync, oc/uv kernel, and then flashed hoolom circle mod. Today I was in the official facebook app, recieved a call, and the phone process force closed, then Google Voice force closed, and basically cascading force closes untill I rebooted. Has been running pretty flawless up untill this.

Guest soulcrash

also make sure you aren't selecting one of the custom battery percentage options as they only come with the preselected Modaco UI option...

Oh thanks, that was my fault.

Is there a way to have both at the sime time? No search button + percentage stock battery?

Guest BaltTigger

Alright, I am going to try this again. Do you install the core zip file and then reboot to install the options or do you install the core and then install the update before rebooting????

I just noticed it can not locate update.zip ~ is this a file I need to install on the phone?

Also, how long should I wait for the reboot before I declare it busted and do a restore???

Edited by BaltTigger

Guest CaspaTheGhost

Oh thanks, that was my fault.

Is there a way to have both at the sime time? No search button + percentage stock battery?

Not via the kitchen, Paul will be sorting it on next release... Havent checked as im happy with the way it is, but if you check Hoolms thread over at XDA you'll probably be able to install the battery mod seperately...

Guest CaspaTheGhost

Alright, I am going to try this again. Do you install the core zip file and then reboot to install the options or do you install the core and then install the update before rebooting????

I just noticed it can not locate update.zip ~ is this a file I need to install on the phone?

Also, how long should I wait for the reboot before I declare it busted and do a restore???

Using a custom bake so only had the one zip, but I read it as install the core zip and then immediately install the second... So whilst still in CWM and before booting into Android...

I'd say no more than 10 mins for the boot...

Guest BaltTigger

Thanks. I will try that. What about it not finding Update.zip? Do I rename the files as Update.zip or is there a file I need to install before installing the ROM?

Guest CaspaTheGhost

sorry, i missed that bit... but you should put both zip files you download in the root of the phones 'SD' then use the option 'install zip from SD' in both instances...

Guest BaltTigger

Thanks.. Trying one more time. Installing core now, then will install options. Check back in 15 minutes please.

System rebooted @ 16:27 EDT....let's see what happens

Edited by BaltTigger

Guest Tyrellcorp

Just done my first bake!!! yay!

Im on the UV Kernal and have setcpu to the following

1200 Mhz - 1150mV

920 Mhz 1050 mV

700 Mhz 950 mV

350 Mhz 850 mV

Should I just leave the scaling as 'Interactive'? Max 1200000 min 350000

or change these...

My objectives are improved battery life with minimal hit on performance

Cheers!

Edited by Tyrellcorp

Guest BaltTigger

OK. 15 minutes later and still nothing but the rotating multi-colored Rhomboids of Booting. I see the previous poster mentioning a UV kernel. Am I supposed to install something BEFORE the two pre-baked files?

I am starting to get frustrated.

If I do a wipe to factory default, does it unroot and relock the boot loader??

Edited by BaltTigger

Guest Benlehot

OK. 15 minutes later and still nothing but the rotating multi-colored Rhomboids of Booting. I see the previous poster mentioning a UV kernel. Am I supposed to install something BEFORE the two pre-baked files?

I am starting to get frustrated.

If I do a wipe to factory default, does it unroot and relock the boot loader??

You only need to flash the core and than the options, however, I had the same problem at first boot.

I wiped data and bingo!

It booted in 2-3 minutes

Guest Benlehot

I'm in Canada on Rogers network. Should I use KL1 even if Paul said he recommended KK6 ?

Thanks and merry christmas to all!

Guest BaltTigger

<Choir of Heavenly Angels Sing> Hallelujah!!! Now I just have to go thru the pain of setting my phone up from scratch again. This is the 4th time now....LOL

Guest BaltTigger

Didn't set up the phone after I reset to factory and then it wouldn't setup for me and I could not get a data of phone signal.....ARRRRGGHHHH....

OK. Let's go back to factory and see if I can set it up for my account and then RE-flash.

Guest alanhsu

I'm in Canada on Rogers network. Should I use KL1 even if Paul said he recommended KK6 ?

Thanks and merry christmas to all!

I am using KL1 (with rogers) and haven't had any issue.

I hear people saying kk6 is better, but I won't fix what ain't broken.

I also heard KL1 is newer than KK6.

Bottom line, I don't think it matters.