4 Apr Ir13 (IMM76D / 4.0.4 / CDMA + GSM): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest teunke99

haven't had the camera issue since I've rebooted yesterday. Battery life seems to be improved alot, coming from 4.01

I'm on the UGKK7 radio btw and wondering if that will cause issues since I'm living in the Netherlands. UGkk7 is for northern America, right?

Edited by teunke99

Guest roswell_blake

Would anyone know why I can't flash the OC/UV kernel at all successfully? I've wiped absolutely everything and have tried flashing a ROM from the kitchen with the kernel to no avail. I expected a long wait at the boot screen but It never gets past it. Ever. Furthermore, I had helped someone else who had a GN to return back to Paul's ROM from some other buggy ROM and he was able to flash the OC/UV kernel with no problem. So I did exactly what I did for him and have still had no success.

I've gone back to completely stock and unrooted ROM, re-rooted, etc., only for it to continue to fail.

Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

Guest apkanthony

I solved the camera issue by replacing CameraGoogle.apk from ARHD ROM with original one.

Didn't work at first, but wipe app data and you're good to go!

I attached the apk, to save you guys some time :)

Also posted the solution at xda.

Guest roswell_blake

I solved the camera issue by replacing CameraGoogle.apk from ARHD ROM with original one.

I did exactly that. Replaced the apk from Paul's ROM with the one in the ARHD ROM, wiped the Camera's app data and rebooted. Still no auto focus when holding the shutter button and I can still only take one picture before the camera eats sh*t completely.

Guest Jaipur

I have a problem all is ok with your rom i'm use it from ir6 but i have a problem it happens two times all ready...after i enter in cwm or i restart the phone after boot the phone don't prompt me with the pin code and don't have signal...Like i don't have sim in the phonefrown.gif.What i must do?I can't restore all the day my phone.The curious thing is that i tried another rom for a day or two and happends the same thing.

I forgot to say that after i call someone or in a call the phone is closing and say to me that it don't have mobile networkfrown.gif

Please help me is very anoying

Guest jmagee

I have a problem all is ok with your rom i'm use it from ir6 but i have a problem it happens two times all ready...after i enter in cwm or i restart the phone after boot the phone don't prompt me with the pin code and don't have signal...Like i don't have sim in the phonefrown.gif.What i must do?I can't restore all the day my phone.The curious thing is that i tried another rom for a day or two and happends the same thing.

I forgot to say that after i call someone or in a call the phone is closing and say to me that it don't have mobile networkfrown.gif

Please help me is very anoying

Maybe worth trying a different radio. Sounds like that could be the problem

Guest Tyrellcorp

Just tried this by using your APK on XDA... I cant even install it!! I get a big red X and 'Application not installed'

Guest Jaipur

Maybe worth trying a different radio. Sounds like that could be the problem

I tried this like i said i tried a different rom with different radio

Guest apkanthony

Just tried this by using your APK on XDA... I cant even install it!! I get a big red X and 'Application not installed'

you are not supposed to install the apk. just copy the apk and paste it in /system/app, and overwrite the original :)

Guest roswell_blake

you are not supposed to install the apk. just copy the apk and paste it in /system/app, and overwrite the original :)

Can't seem to find your post on XDA. Anyhow, I attempted to replace the camera apk once again using the ARHD apk, which yielded the same issues as before. I'm trying with another ROM before I give up. Would love to see a fix before next week, as I don't want to stop using this ROM but I'd like my camera to work during CES.

EDIT- I seemed to have got it working. Instead of the ARHD ROM, I just pulled it from the Gapps folder for the CM9 nightlies. This makes me think it really has nothing to do with the apk itself but it just may need to be installed a few times or something like that.

The only thing I did differently was used ADB push instead of manually moving it through Root Explorer>ADB reboot> cleared the Camera data, which resulted in a FC but then has worked the way it should.

It seems like the success will vary no matter what you do, so keep on trying guys!

Edited by roswell_blake

Guest medicus07

Does someone use doubletwist for playing music...

I always get an error ("the playback of this audio file type is not supported") using the widget or using the app directly.

In stock rom no problem!

Guest ratcom

Can't seem to find your post on XDA. Anyhow, I attempted to replace the camera apk once again using the ARHD apk, which yielded the same issues as before. I'm trying with another ROM before I give up. Would love to see a fix before next week, as I don't want to stop using this ROM but I'd like my camera to work during CES.

EDIT- I seemed to have got it working. Instead of the ARHD ROM, I just pulled it from the Gapps folder for the CM9 nightlies. This makes me think it really has nothing to do with the apk itself but it just may need to be installed a few times or something like that.

The only thing I did differently was used ADB push instead of manually moving it through Root Explorer>ADB reboot> cleared the Camera data, which resulted in a FC but then has worked the way it should.

It seems like the success will vary no matter what you do, so keep on trying guys!

Thanks for the tip...... going to try this myself now as the camera is the only thing stopping me using this rom.

Guest Tyrellcorp

I just did this using root explorer... rebooted, still got camera issue :(

Guest RatSon

I have the very same issues, @Paul could you give us an update on this?

Paul, is there anyway that your 4.0.3 compatibility pack could be causing issues with NFC?

When I run your ROM with your Kernel i can enable / disable NFC however when i run Franco kernel 7.1 i am unable to enable / disable NFC.

People on other ROMS seem to have no problem with it so just thought I would check if the compatibility pack could be causing an issue, since it is causing an issue with the Camera?

There is some Logcat Logs posted on xda (in the Franco thread), I can try and get some myself.

Cheers.

Happy New Year!

Stewart

I installed today from the kitchen and I can confirm the issue with the camera which makes it rather useless. I hope to see a solution asap. Besides the issue it runs really smooth.

gr. D

I am going to make the 4.0.3 compatability patch, which seems to be causing the issue, a kitchen option.

P

Paul, is there anyway that your 4.0.3 compatibility pack could be causing issues with NFC?

When I run your ROM with your Kernel i can enable / disable NFC however when i run Franco kernel 7.1 i am unable to enable / disable NFC.

People on other ROMS seem to have no problem with it so just thought I would check if the compatibility pack could be causing an issue, since it is causing an issue with the Camera?

There is some Logcat Logs posted on xda (in the Franco thread), I can try and get some myself.

Cheers.

Happy New Year!

Stewart

See above! :)

P

Guest kam187

Shouldn't you wipe davlik cache after you manually replace the apk file? Also delete camera data before launching it the first time.

Guest roswell_blake

Shouldn't you wipe davlik cache after you manually replace the apk file? Also delete camera data before launching it the first time.

I didn't wipe the Dalvik cache. Just deleted the camera data. It's working fine for me now. But you're right.