4 Apr Ir13 (IMM76D / 4.0.4 / CDMA + GSM): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest DarkGruf

rebaked and installed: no problems here! (Thank God) Camera seems to work fine now.

How do you check the md5 after a bake ?

Edited by DarkGruf

Guest CaspaTheGhost

Two bakes two fails at install. Blocked on padlock. Paul are you sure the kitchen is fixed and working ? And a nOOb question where do I check the md5 for the .zip I baked ? I see the md5 value on the .zip's name that I dowloaded to my computer but with what do I compare it ?

You need a hash value calculator, you can download a freeware one or use an online calculator... Speak to the Big G, he'll sort you out...

Hmmm, to bake or not to bake, that is the question...

Guest MiKA7_

No way to conect the phone under padlock. I hope you ave a fresh nandroid backup... Reboot under bootloader (volume + and - And power) then vanigate to recovery with vol key, in recovery restore your last nandroid. Then you can connect the phone. I can't see any other way but that does not mean there is not one :) That's just what I would do in your situation (and what I did btw).

I will stick to ir8 untill I see Paul again around here also :)

You can use adb to push the file.. just mount /data/ in CWM first and while in recovery just push it.. Did the same when I got bootloop on my first bake of the pre Ir9 earlier today :)

@Paul I think it has to do with the compability mode as when I unchecked and baked it without it, it worked just fine..

M

Edited by MiKA7_

Guest teunke99

Use google (md5 check) and find multiple tools to check md5. I didn't check and went on flashing without. Hope I'm not going to find out that I should have checked though (fingers crossed)

I baked stock kernel and uv kernel (no compatability pack) and both booted fine.

Remember the compatability pack is only for 3rd party 4.0.3 kernels, not my kernels or stock!

P

Guest DarkGruf

I baked with compatibilty kernel (I use Franco kernel). Perhaps that's the point. And when I ask how to check md5 it's that I don't see the md5 i should check on the page I see the one in the backed rom but I compare it to what ?

Paul about padlock block no problem I have a fresh nandroid so all is fine. I just restore.

Edited by DarkGruf

Guest CaspaTheGhost

my preference here... once installed, right click a file>properties and you'll have a need tab with the info...

Guest DarkGruf

my preference here... once installed, right click a file>properties and you'll have a need tab with the info...

Ok I finaly get it :) I compare the md5 value to the md5 "printed" on the .zip. Sorry I could not explain clearly what I did not understood :)

I baked with compatibilty kernel (I use Franco kernel). Perhaps that's the point. And when I ask how to check md5 it's that I don't see the md5 i should check on the page I see the one in the backed rom but I compare it to what ?

Paul about padlock block no problem I have a fresh nandroid so all is fine. I just restore.

OK, that means it won't boot until you install Franco kernel though right!

P

Guest CaspaTheGhost

Ok I finaly get it :) I compare the md5 value to the md5 "printed" on the .zip. Sorry I could not explain clearly what I did not understood :)

Yep, name and md5 should match... That tool shows them together so easy compare...

Jamie's got a bun in the oven baking for me...

Edited by CaspaTheGhost

Guest DarkGruf

P

Ok flash your rom and then flash franco's kernel before reboot. I try and tell you. Thx a lot :)

Just to clarify...

• For stock kernel, select none of the kernel options and DON'T select the compatibility pack. This kernel has excellent battery life.
  • For any of the MoDaCo Custom kernels, select the kernel option of your choice and DON'T select the compatibility pack. These are based on the stock kernel and should also exhibit excellent battery life.
  • For a 3rd party 4.0.3 kernel, select the compatibility pack and then flash your custom kernel immediately after flashing the ROM. It WILL NOT BOOT until you do so.
  • 3rd party kernels for 4.0.2 are not compatible with this ROM.

Clearer? :)

I'll add a stock 4.0.3 kernel in with the compatibility pack so it boots tomorrow with that selected, but you should be flashing your chosen 4.0.3 kernel immediately before booting.

P

Guest plisk3n

Just flashed a ir9 bake.. just wondering if anyone else notices the custom colours for Trackball Alert no longer works? I've uninstalled and reinstalled the software, but it still doesn't work. Only 'white' flashes for any notification. I have pro version installed.. Thanks!

Guest MarcLandis

Just flashed a ir9 bake.. just wondering if anyone else notices the custom colours for Trackball Alert no longer works? I've uninstalled and reinstalled the software, but it still doesn't work. Only 'white' flashes for any notification. I have pro version installed.. Thanks!

I just noticed this too.

Guest viskas

P

you're right paul!

I chose compatibility and one of your kernels.

I was stuck on google logo.

then I flashed franco's kernel and I was able to boot.

Guest DarkGruf

MUCH more :) Sorry for your time and thx again. I thinked that flashing your rom will also "erase" franco's kernel and that i will flash it after... So all fine now it is booting atm :)

Guest Tyrellcorp

Yea, mine doesn't work either... half stopped working on Ir8 for missed calls. Now I can only get white blinkies for everything even though I bought pro :(

Trackball Alert issue confirmed, will fix tomorrow.

Weirdly the testing functionality works but yes, I get the same, white flashes. Will update the kitchen with the fix in the morning.

P

Guest DarkGruf

A few test on camera, so far not a single problem. I tried everything to make it crash and it failed :)

4.0.3 compatibilty enable (but that you know !) .

Just to clarify...

• For stock kernel, select none of the kernel options and DON'T select the compatibility pack. This kernel has excellent battery life.
  • For any of the MoDaCo Custom kernels, select the kernel option of your choice and DON'T select the compatibility pack. These are based on the stock kernel and should also exhibit excellent battery life.
  • For a 3rd party 4.0.3 kernel, select the compatibility pack and then flash your custom kernel immediately after flashing the ROM. It WILL NOT BOOT until you do so.
  • 3rd party kernels for 4.0.2 are not compatible with this ROM.

I'll add a stock 4.0.3 kernel in with the compatibility pack so it boots tomorrow with that selected, but you should be flashing your chosen 4.0.3 kernel immediately before booting.

P

lol +1

Just reading the last few pages of the thread and I was thinking "if everyone just slowed down" or ... perhaps Paul will post "slow down" instructions.

Lovin' it. ;)

Guest FatherD

Just flashed with the uv kernel, wiped dalvik in cwm.. SetCPU can no longer undervolt, tried clearing data from App, still no joy! Was trying at the values that worked solid on Ir8. Any ideas?