4 Apr Ir13 (IMM76D / 4.0.4 / CDMA + GSM): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest plisk3n

Just flashed the latest update, I've noticed the TB Alerts for new emails are not changing colours. It works just fine for my other notifications however. Anyone else have this issue?

Guest gdeboos

Paul I had an idea for a mod. Not sure how do-able it actualy is though. In some other roms the dev has enabled un locking the phone with volume rocker. What if the volume rocker unlocked with a secondary method.

Sounds strange i know but i use face unlock but at times im in an area with bad light it would be good if the volume could go straight to my seconsary method.

Guest DarkGruf

The compatability pack option in the kitchen now has a 4.0.3 kernel installed as default, so if you select this option you shouldn't end up with a non booting device before you flash the 4.0.3 kernel of your choice. In addition, if you accidentally select a MCK and the compatability pack, the MCK option will be ignored to prevent you accidentally building a non booting image. Phew.

P

Idiot proof feature. I like it. I feel proud beeing the guinea pig that played the idiot yesterday :)

Thanks Paul !

Guest FatherD

Hi P

On the same uv only kernel, but have to say no real complaint, the battery life seems so much better even with a much lesser undervolt. Will post up the actual values later. Excellent job bud!

Guest rubenGN

@Paul

Thanks for the update!

Just one suggestion:

-Would it be possible to add an option to the kitchen to only integrate avast! Anti-Theft and not the complete avast! app?

Guest DarkGruf

One thing that would be awsome if you can/have time to do it. Widgetsoid is real nice with this rom but has same limitation as any other I know, GPS can't be toggle in one click. If you have a way to make it work in one click like the regular ics power bar that would be awsome.

Guest CaspaTheGhost

Having this exchange security bypass as a kitchen option would be great for some, definitely save me a few minutes...

Phone will be with me tomorrow, we've been separated due to 'unforeseen circumstances' and there's no way I'm letting that happen again, no way. Looking forward to trying a new bake, and the battery life sounds promising... Have the UV kernel but gonna give the OC/UV one a spin this time round

And Currents will be tested too... Lovely work...

Guest Tyrellcorp

Just cooked fresh... trackball alert is working 'mostly' for texts and emails... but I cant get anything for missed calls?

Any suggestions on how to fix this? I have the pro version.

Guest DarkGruf

Just cooked fresh... trackball alert is working 'mostly' for texts and emails... but I cant get anything for missed calls?

Any suggestions on how to fix this? I have the pro version.

Same here, missed calls not working on a free version.

Paul, I thought you said at some point that the "Find on Page" FC issue has been fixed. Is it coming on IR9? I still have FC with IR9-Dev. Thanks for the great ROM by the way! Excellent work as always!

Menu button on right also active when hidden installed to /system partition

• This option displays the legacy menu button on the right hand side when needed and also keeps it active when it is hidden.

Hi Paul,

For some reason every time I flash an update with the Menu button on right also active when hidden option It also enabled the left menu button and the search button. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,

-Victor

Hi Paul,

For some reason every time I flash an update with the Menu button on right also active when hidden option It also enabled the left menu button and the search button. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,

-Victor

This is a known issue i'm working on.

re: Find on page, this is also a known issue currently.

P

Guest drewstiff

Paul I had an idea for a mod. Not sure how do-able it actualy is though. In some other roms the dev has enabled un locking the phone with volume rocker. What if the volume rocker unlocked with a secondary method.

Sounds strange i know but i use face unlock but at times im in an area with bad light it would be good if the volume could go straight to my seconsary method.

I have created a similar mod and magically injected into your phone over the internets. When the face unlock screen comes up click on the little white padlock icon under the camera display of your face and it will take you to your secondary security (i.e. pattern or password unlock).

[Just playing, this is obviously a stock feature.]

Guest wireagent

Search on Page is fixed / not an issue for me anymore using the new version w/o the 4.03 compability pack.

I am curious, why would anyone use Trackball Alert instad of Light Flow?

I always thought, Ligh Flow basically offers the same thing without the need for a modified ROM and seems to come with more features (notifications by contacts) and supports quiet a lot of apps. Since there are so many of you guys using TA, I was wondering if there is anything about it that I am missing?

Search on Page is fixed / not an issue for me anymore using the new version w/o the 4.03 compability pack.

I am curious, why would anyone use Trackball Alert instad of Light Flow?

I always thought, Ligh Flow basically offers the same thing without the need for a modified ROM and seems to come with more features (notifications by contacts) and supports quiet a lot of apps. Since there are so many of you guys using TA, I was wondering if there is anything about it that I am missing?

I had a dramatic battery drain with light flow... :blink:

Guest siedkins

I don't have big battery drain from Lightflow - I have just checked BetterBatteryStats and can't see it in any of my top processes.

Trackball Allert required purchase to control ANY app where last Lightflow does this for free.

Also I am having less issues with lightflow - right LED colours for the right notifications and no white LED messages.

This is why I've switched but please do your own testing.

I'm having a problem with Latitude with this ROM (Jan 9th distro). On 3G, it is showing me as being in my Home area, instead of where I'm actually located (in the Latitude list section).

On the Maps app, it shows me in the correct location. It also shows the correct locations for my friends on Latitude.

I have cleared data in Maps, signed off/on and reset my Galaxy Nexus. Still having the same issue. How can I correct this? Thanks.

Guest StuMcBill

Define 'not work' please, does it not power on, not allow you to send items or something else? :)

P

When I had IR8 with Franco Kernel (4.0.3 compatibility pack) I couldn't turn NFC on, the tick would appear in the box for milliseconds and disappear again!

This is what appeared in LogCat when I tried (taken from another post though - http://forum.xda-dev...&postcount=1816 )

D/NFC JNI ( 491): Start Initialization

E/NFC JNI ( 491): phLibNfc_Mgt_ConfigureDriver() returned 0x0106[NFCSTATUS_INVALID_DEVICE]

E/NFC JNI ( 491): phLibNfc_Mgt_Initialize() returned 0x0001[NFCSTATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER]

E/NFC_uart( 491): open(/sys/devices/platform/nfc-power/nfc_power) for write failed: Permission denied (13)

D/NFC JNI ( 491): Download new Firmware

E/NFC JNI ( 491): phLibNfc_Mgt_IoCtl() (download) returned 0x0001[NFCSTATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER]

W/NFC JNI ( 491): Firmware update FAILED

Guest DarkGruf

When I had IR8 with Franco Kernel (4.0.3 compatibility pack) I couldn't turn NFC on, the tick would appear in the box for milliseconds and disappear again!

This is what appeared in LogCat when I tried (taken from another post though - http://forum.xda-dev...&postcount=1816 )

Same here, with ir9 4.0.3 compatibilty pack and Franco's kernel, can not turn on NFC.