4 Apr Ir13 (IMM76D / 4.0.4 / CDMA + GSM): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

I checked the stock battery app, and no apps had a wake time >1 min. I downloaded/installed the betterbatterystats, and the process that was up at the top was kworker 1-7.

I have advanced task killer frequently kill most processes every 30 minutes. Which might explain why the awake time in Android OS is only at 1.5 hours. I can't seem to find out what is causing it though. The last thing that I installed was Handcent SMS..but I Google'd to see if there was any battery drain issues, but couldn't find anything.

Don't use task killers. They mess things up more often than doing any good. Don't obsess with the amount of "free memory" you see on your phone. Free means they are unused, i.e. being wasted. Having only 80MB memory doesn't mean that your phone can't run apps that need more than 80MB memory, Android will kill background services/apps occupying memory when needed.

Changelog

13 Jan 15:00 (Ir9-dev)

• The battery percentage mods are now independent of the UI tweaks!
  • Added 'OdexMe' (a MCR exclusive application by Paul O'Brien) for on-demand odexing

XXKL1 a UK-suitable radio?

Also, kernel headings say r8 but then description says r7 - confused :huh:

And one last thing...any chance of having search button with NO extra menu buttons (so stock but with added search button)?

Edited by EddyOS

Guest Compuman74

Changelog

13 Jan 15:00 (Ir9-dev)

• The battery percentage mods are now independent of the UI tweaks!
  • Added 'OdexMe' (a MCR exclusive application by Paul O'Brien) for on-demand odexing

i'll try the percentage with right side menu immediatly

;)

thanks

UPDATE:

I select in the kitchen:

"Menu button on right also active when hidden"

and

"Percentage Battery Meter (Stock Style)"

but the battery don't have percentage...

:(

Edited by Compuman74

I just cooked with % bat circle and "Menu button on both sides with search button also active when hidden" and the % bat hasn't come through.

same here. sounds like battery percentage cirle doesn't work.

Guest Unicornasaurus

Just came to chime in that the battery % isn't working for me either.

If it's just in the framework-res.apk, I'll try re-pushing it from an older bake that I have from earlier to see if that resolves it.

Guest DarkGruf

Trebuchet crash with 4.0.3 option and fancisco kernel here. Don't know how to send you a report.

Again a big thanks for your job.

Edited by DarkGruf

XXKL1 a UK-suitable radio?

I'm on 3uk and for the first time since getting my g-nex 2 weeks ago i'm getting full bar reception on hspa. I'm using Paul's latest rom with Franco's latest kernel and XXKL1. I've tried all the recent baseband's on XDA and, for me here in the UK this is by far the best.

Any chance of volume+ support? I know many people have mentioned the notifications being too quiet. I have installed volume+ sometimes they are really loud but others they are extremely quiet. Anyone else seeing this happening?

Thanks

Upgraded to Ir9. Battery % mode is not working (stock style) for me either.

UV ability seems to be weaker than Ir8, my UV setting that I've been using since pre-Ir8 keeps freezing my phone sad.gif . No problem at stock voltage though.

Guest CaspaTheGhost

And one last thing...any chance of having search button with NO extra menu buttons (so stock but with added search button)?

Yeah, I second that...