4 Apr Ir13 (IMM76D / 4.0.4 / CDMA + GSM): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest CaspaTheGhost

Trebuchet FCs with the r8 kernel and no compatibility pack

Yep, FCs for me to... Thats with the UV kernel, no UI changes, and no compatibility pack... Revert to backup...

Guest DarkGruf

What's the advantage of using the XXKL1 radio, if any? I'm not familiar with it.

G

Here I have a huge improvement in 3G reception. And a small one on wifi.

Guest gripweed

My Nexus has been in boot loop for about a half an hour.

I'm assuming that's not right?

Nevermind...I pulled battery, went back into recovery, wiped, and redid the procedure. Now it booted up.

Is there someway to tell I actually did this right? ha....I really don't know much about this stuff. Mainly looking to improve battery life.

Guest gripweed

Nevermind...I pulled battery, went back into recovery, wiped, and redid the procedure. Now it booted up.

Is there someway to tell I actually did this right? ha....I really don't know much about this stuff. Mainly looking to improve battery life.

Spoke too soon.

Everything booted up, let me set up, redownloading all my apps, etc....but I have no phone. Says "Mobile Network Not Available".

Any help?

Guest Jeff Bower

Everything booted up, let me set up, redownloading all my apps, etc....but I have no phone. Says "Mobile Network Not Available".

Sadly this ROM doesn't (currently) support the VZW model. Paul's working on a version that does, but until then you'll need to flash back to another ROM. I use a simple Deodexed but otherwise stock ROM which allows me to manually mod in the softkeys and I use Paul's USB-host-enabled kernel. Together this is the bulk of the functionality I want.

Guest gripweed

Sadly this ROM doesn't (currently) support the VZW model. Paul's working on a version that does, but until then you'll need to flash back to another ROM. I use a simple Deodexed but otherwise stock ROM which allows me to manually mod in the softkeys and I use Paul's USB-host-enabled kernel. Together this is the bulk of the functionality I want.

Well that'd explain that.

I went back to stock for now, but left it unlocked.

Do you know of any VZW rom that helps with the battery life? That's really the only function I want.

Guest harolds5

I cooked a rom without Trebuchet, but Trebuchet launcher was still available after flashing.

My bad, I flashed the same cooked rom that I baked with Trebuchet.

Edited by harolds5

Guest roswell_blake

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one with battery % issues... but it's still not a good thing. Ive been using The Axiom Honeycomb Battery mod (though I know it probably doesn't matter which mod you use) and it's only changed twice since I flashed the ROM, which at 10am this morning. I had re-added the mod to the SystemUI.apk about five times before I even considered checking here and now I just realized how much time I just wasted. heh. Hope to see a fix soon.

And.. as far as "excellent battery" life is concerned.. What update is that in? Yesterday I literally watched the battery drain 5% in about 7 minutes with only very little browser use.. Anyone else experiencing awful battery life?

i've just signed up for a premium account, cooked my first rom and found that the circular battery icon didn't show up either. though a bit disappointed i'm still happy with the performance of this rom (used android revolution hd before). good job paul! laugh.gif

Edited by kenkum

I think paul id doing a great job answering to all requests we make!

Circular mod was working but used to modify another setting. After a few complaints paul gas modified that and there is a bug, is it so annoying among so many goodies?!?

As per battery drain, 3 or 4% per hour, great result compared to stock rom.

Guest CaspaTheGhost

OK, I woke to a phone with no signal today. Checked battery stats and it showed 18% no signal so it happened overnight at some point. Couldn't get it back on, after going into airplane mode the option to turn it off remained greyed out so I had to go into settings and actually untick it. Still no signal so had to reboot.

First experience of lack of signal, I know others have had problems but reports have suggested it drops out and comes back.

Hard to say where the issue lies, but I'm using the new radio XXKL1 as of yesterday.

I also haven't seen great battery life and I'm using the UV kernel with modest voltages.

Guest Aiman Alorayed

Been using the UGKL1 radio for the past 3-5 days and the battery life was amazing with Ir9-Dev and even with Ir8. i was able to pull 20 hours with 40% battery left

I tried flashing the XXKL1 last night and fully charged it till 6am, almost 12 hours and it has 36% even though today i wasn't heavily using the phone.

I recommend using the UGKL1 really, reverted back to the radio as i didn't notice any difference except the battery life. both had nice 3G/H reception

Guest brosenz

Been using the UGKL1 radio for the past 3-5 days and the battery life was amazing with Ir9-Dev and even with Ir8. i was able to pull 20 hours with 40% battery left

I tried flashing the XXKL1 last night and fully charged it till 6am, almost 12 hours and it has 36% even though today i wasn't heavily using the phone.

I recommend using the UGKL1 really, reverted back to the radio as i didn't notice any difference except the battery life. both had nice 3G/H reception

I am using my GN in the US with AT&T with a 4G Data Plan, what's the best Radio ?, thanks

Edited by brosenz

Guest CaspaTheGhost

I've flashed XXKK6 again as I have also noticed that I seem to be picking up E at home a lot when I was getting H before, but I may give UGKL1 a go... One thing, can I ask where in the world you are using it?

I am using my GN in the US with AT&T with a 4G Data Plan, what's the best Radio ?, thanks

UGKL1 is what I like and I have run through most. Ir9 getting great battery life and I am getting good GSM connectivity plus I set the "pta" APN and see up to 9Mbps down from certain towers.

Will check the Trebuchet / battery percentage issues in the morning... The battery icon mods are being applied in a new way so I probably just need to tweak something! :-)

P