4 Apr Ir13 (IMM76D / 4.0.4 / CDMA + GSM): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest johnboyw

You followed the instructions in that post and used the encoded SMSC? Huh. I can't see Beta 2 changing anything in this regard. It does seem like a problem people have had on GN in general, but this normally fixes it. I'll try and dig out an Orange SIM here and give it a try.

P

I typed in the number the guy posted for Orange UK, clicked update and nothing happens. If I put +44 in front it does something then i get update error!

Thanks for trying to help me. Sorry to be a pain. Its just that my daughter made a pizza last night with a smiley face made from mushrooms and wanted to send it to her Grandparents... <_<

Guest PaulOBrien

Changelog

14 Feb 11:35 pre-Beta 2

• CM Contacts / Dialer now available in the kitchen
  • On-boot signature update mechanism and other changes to facilitate the above!

Guest qsecofr

Changelog

14 Feb 11:00 pre-Beta 2

• Added 4.0.2 build fingerprint options (ensure you select the correct version - GSM / CDMA)

Typo?
4.0.2 build fingerprint - GSM installed to /system partition
  • This option disables the 4.0.2 build fingerprint for GSM DEVICES ONLY.

Guest PaulOBrien

Alright, so the MHL plot thickens.

Running...

• GSM kitchen bake with only the stock options selected
  • XXKL1 baseband
  • PRIMELA03 bootloader

...I just CANNOT get the MHL to crash or not work! :(

I've included a picture of my adaptor below, I wonder if it's some sort of hardware incompatability? If you have the issue, can you try a completely standard bake and check your baseband and bootloader versions? I'm stumped!

P

mhlcable.png

Guest StuMcBill

Alright, so the MHL plot thickens.

Running...

• GSM kitchen bake with only the stock options selected
  • XXKL1 baseband
  • PRIMELA03 bootloader

...I just CANNOT get the MHL to crash or not work! :(

I've included a picture of my adaptor below, I wonder if it's some sort of hardware incompatability? If you have the issue, can you try a completely standard bake and check your baseband and bootloader versions? I'm stumped!

P

mhlcable.png

I am downloading your GSM PreBake at the moment and I think I have the latest Boot loader installed (can I check without gong into fast boot)?

I am running XXKL1 and have the exact same MHL adapter!

Guest Christopher Olekas

I typed in the number the guy posted for Orange UK, clicked update and nothing happens. If I put +44 in front it does something then i get update error!

Thanks for trying to help me. Sorry to be a pain. Its just that my daughter made a pizza last night with a smiley face made from mushrooms and wanted to send it to her Grandparents... <_<

The number you're entering into the SMSC field is not a phone number, but rather one that is encoded.

Your SMSC was probably lost and you'll have to re-enter it.

You'll want to go into *#*#4636#*#* and phone information.

See http://smsclist.com/downloads/default.txt and http://www.twit88.co...u-encode-decode

The first link is a list of SMSC phone numbers for different providers.

The second link is a website that will allow you to encode the SMSC phone number into one that is usable by your phone. On the second site, there's a field at the bottom left of the screen that says "SMSC" then "Recipient".

Looking at the first link, let's take the following SMSC number - +447973074999. If we enter it into the SMSC field and leave the Recipient field blank and click convert we're given the following number.

AT+CMGW=8

0791449737709499110000910000AA00

We can ignore the first AT+... part. What we want to enter into the SMSC field is 0791449737709499 (up until the 11). Hit Update, then hit the back button until you get to the home screen. You can go back to the *#*#4643#*#* screen and hit refresh and you should see the exact same number. If not then re-enter it again, hit update and hit back until you're at the home screen.

Guest StuMcBill

OK Paul.

Flashed to beta 1 pre bake and it still reboots.

The only thing is I am running PRIMELA03 bootloader. Could that be the issue?

Although I was running that too when I reflashed back to my AOKP nandroid backup.

Edited by StuMcBill

Guest PaulOBrien

Beta 2 prebakes are online! :)

Changes include...

• CM Contacts / Dialer now available in the kitchen
  • On-boot signature update mechanism and other changes to facilitate the above!
  • WiFi signal strength update for CDMA version
  • Added 4.0.2 build fingerprint options (ensure you select the correct version - GSM / CDMA)
  • Fix for intermittent SystemUI crash
  • Updated Nova Launcher
  • Updated Trackball Alert
  • Added circular and stock style battery percentage mods
  • Added 'offline gallery' option
  • Removed rotation from the lockscreen (by popular request!)
  • Even faster rotation
  • Added optional stock Launcher with rotation support
  • Resolved Chrome crash issue (moved to /data/)

P

Guest johnboyw

The number you're entering into the SMSC field is not a phone number, but rather one that is encoded.

The first link is a list of SMSC phone numbers for different providers.

The second link is a website that will allow you to encode the SMSC phone number into one that is usable by your phone. On the second site, there's a field at the bottom left of the screen that says "SMSC" then "Recipient".

Looking at the first link, let's take the following SMSC number - +447973074999. If we enter it into the SMSC field and leave the Recipient field blank and click convert we're given the following number.

AT+CMGW=8

0791449737709499110000910000AA00

We can ignore the first AT+... part. What we want to enter into the SMSC field is 0791449737709499 (up until the 11). Hit Update, then hit the back button until you get to the home screen. You can go back to the *#*#4643#*#* screen and hit refresh and you should see the exact same number. If not then re-enter it again, hit update and hit back until you're at the home screen.

Right good news and bad news. Your advice worked spot on the number is there still.

The problem is that i still have message not sent "service not activated on the network" :(

Guest PaulOBrien

OK Paul.

Flashed to beta 1 pre bake and it still reboots.

The only thing is I am running PRIMELA03 bootloader. Could that be the issue?

Although I was running that too when I reflashed back to my AOKP nandroid backup.

Apologies, my mistake, i'm on PRIMELA03 too. :blink: I can confirm Beta 2 prebake now online works over MHL for me.

P

Guest PaulOBrien

I am downloading your GSM PreBake at the moment and I think I have the latest Boot loader installed (can I check without gong into fast boot)?

I am running XXKL1 and have the exact same MHL adapter!

You have the exact same MHL adaptor? What is going on!?!?

P

Guest StuMcBill

Apologies, my mistake, i'm on PRIMELA03 too. :blink: I can confirm Beta 2 prebake now online works over MHL for me.

P

Could it be an app I have running in the background? The only thing I have running which looks at the USB is Stickmount by Chainfire I think!

I could try a fresh wipe and install a fresh rom and try it with nothing installed at all?

I won't be able to do it till tomorrow though, hopefully someone else will be able to help.

Edited by StuMcBill

Guest DarkGruf

Backed and installed, I selected battery meter circle mod in kitchen and I have the stock one instead.

MHL adaptor bug still present also, when I connect i get stuck on Google + padlock. I have a genuine Samsung adaptor and it was working on ir10 + Franco's kernel.

Edited by DarkGruf

Guest Christopher Olekas

Right good news and bad news. Your advice worked spot on the number is there still.

The problem is that i still have message not sent "service not activated on the network" :(

I know cellular companies' tech support is often dreadful, but maybe give a call in? Also, maybe review your APN settings? Sorry...

Guest PaulOBrien

Backed and installed, I selected battery meter circle mod in kitchen and I have the stock one instead.

MHL adaptor bug still present also, when I connect i get stuck on Google + padlock. I have a genuine Samsung adaptor and it was working on ir10 + Franco's kernel.

So weird...

P

Guest PaulOBrien

If that helps, my bootloader is primekl01 should I update (I have a gsm device) ?

We have reports of the MHL problem with the new bootloader, so it's not that!

Battery mods fixed...

P

Guest gandalf027

Same here, it happens with the original samsung adaptor.

Guest Cloudie

I have to say that you can feel the boost in performance comming from Ir9. Stock Kernel, Titanium backup restoring and you can feel no speed delay at all while its running on the background. The complete UI is smoother than before. Great work once again!