4 Apr Ir13 (IMM76D / 4.0.4 / CDMA + GSM): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest miraclestone

That's interesting then. I had the option without search. I can suggest a temporary fix if you don't mind not having the search for a bit and can use adb as Paul sent me the systemUI files a while back

Nah, thanks anyway. I'm going to fall back and wait for Ir12.

Long time Android flasher but new to this site. Question, I paid for and and received the email saying that I am now active here on Modaco but I don't know where to go to access the kitchen features. Can someone point me in the right direction? Love this ROM so far!

Welcome to the site. Kitchen for the rom is normally on the first page of each thread. First post will be change logs, second post kitchen

Guest jlambeth1

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. My custom ROM is baking at 350 right now and should be out of the oven real soon!

Welcome to the site. Kitchen for the rom is normally on the first page of each thread. First post will be change logs, second post kitchen

Guest Stretlow

Just pushed the last update to the kitchen before Ir11 leaves Beta. i.e. I will be uploading Ir11 non-Beta prebakes shortly, then onwards and upwards to Ir12! :)

P

Changelog

21 Feb 16:00 pre-Beta 3

• Updated to fix very rare SystemUI crashes
  • Updated various app components (Google Plus, Maps, Nova Launcher)

Sorry for the dumb question but does this mean that the files in kitchen are now what ir11 full is or will there be any other changes?

I planning a full wipe but dont want to yet if its going to change imminently

Guest jlambeth1

I've cooked up a couple of different ROMs using the kitchen but I have one problem that persists. My softkeys are gone and I cannot figure out why they disappeared. Can someone point me in the direction to get them to show up?

Guest JasonKenny

Menu button on both sides with search button also active when hidden

system.ui crashes here as well, flashed after 'wipe the usual' (not full) over previous Ir11 beta. was not expecting that.

not paul's fault but only had yesterday backed up and so diary sync to outlook to get back to where i was has completely buggered work diary. oh well its only five years of business appointments.

I'll wait fo this to come out of beta

Jay

I've cooked up a couple of different ROMs using the kitchen but I have one problem that persists. My softkeys are gone and I cannot figure out why they disappeared. Can someone point me in the direction to get them to show up?

I think this could be a bug somewhere, waiting for a fix I guess.. The joys of playing with your ROM.IR10 in the other thread is complete and stable.

As I said earlier I can give a fix if you don't want the search option.

Edited by jmagee

Guest PhilNelwyn

Read this, it could help : http://android.modac...ost__p__1896201

Edited by PhilNelwyn

Guest PaulOBrien

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I might just go with the stock Ir11 for now until 12 comes out rather than go back to 10 for the kitchen features. I like 4.0.4 too much to go back to ROMs with 4.0.3.

Sorry about the SystemUI / buttons issues folks, will investigate asap...

P

Guest csstamatin

Also getting the system ui thing. build basics as follows

lte

offline gallery

no google +

no news

no search, in nav bar, or launcher

all extra app stores

disable camera shutter

and thats about all the changes from stock.

hoping to bake tonight, please keep us posted. Thx for all the hard work!

Guest PaulOBrien

OK, update pushed to the kitchen. This fixes the SystemUI crash, but temporarily reverts the widgetsoid icon hiding. I am out of the office today, but tomorrow i'll re-patch this then issue the Ir11 prebakes.

P

Guest Stretlow

Sorry for the dumb question but does this mean that the files in kitchen are now what ir11 full is or will there be any other changes?

I planning a full wipe but dont want to yet if its going to change imminently

Can someone please advise the dumb lad

Guest StuMcBill

Can someone please advise the dumb lad

The ROM that you generate from the Kitchen is the latest release from Paul, the Pre-Bakes have not been updated yet.

Paul said he won't be able to update the Pre-Bakes (and presumably the Kitchen) until tomorrow.

So you should be safe until then,

Guest Stretlow

The ROM that you generate from the Kitchen is the latest release from Paul, the Pre-Bakes have not been updated yet.

Paul said he won't be able to update the Pre-Bakes (and presumably the Kitchen) until tomorrow.

So you should be safe until then,

Thanks for the reply,

My question is though, is the files that are in the kitchen today whats going to end up in the pre bakes or is it likely there'll be some additions?

Guest StuMcBill

Thanks for the reply,

My question is though, is the files that are in the kitchen today whats going to end up in the pre bakes or is it likely there'll be some additions?

Only Paul can answer that I am afraid!

I'm still noticing some issues with my system.ui from the looks of it. Anyone else getting a screen to report bugs popping up now and again? I also keep seeing this sending message and can't track down what app, if any, is causing it

Guest csstamatin

No luck with the cdma version of the kitchen. had signal barely yesterday. tried one more bake, and no signal at all. coming from bugless with the 4.04 radios only, no bootloader. I do a full wipe every time ;) !! ill give it one more shot tonight from a fresh downgrade to stock and see how it goes. fill u in later. hope this helps with the american verizon version of things. thx for the quick replies!... and work.

Guest csstamatin

baked a fresh rom with the default setting for the kitchen and calling and data service runs smooth. my guess is that the getjar app is causing the problem. flashes on the screen momentarily during activation, and doesnt let it complete. gonna test this out as the only thing i leave off from the same build i did earlier when it was kaput. prob wont update till tomorrow night. hoping this works!.

Also newbish question. tried the prebake and saw notification widgets(at least i think i did, been flashing and staying up late a lot so i might be mistaken). how do i enable those in the kitchen? thought i might have seen something about it in this thread somewhere, but since its not in the op, and i posting anyway i thought id ask to make it streamlined. i know theres an app that can add it to any rom just about, but i thought i saw them baked in. just asking. loosing consciousness. gotta bake one mor...e...