4 Apr Ir13 (IMM76D / 4.0.4 / CDMA + GSM): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Brembo109
baked a fresh rom with the default setting for the kitchen and calling and data service runs smooth. my guess is that the getjar app is causing the problem. flashes on the screen momentarily during activation, and doesnt let it complete. gonna test this out as the only thing i leave off from the same build i did earlier when it was kaput. prob wont update till tomorrow night. hoping this works!.

Also newbish question. tried the prebake and saw notification widgets(at least i think i did, been flashing and staying up late a lot so i might be mistaken). how do i enable those in the kitchen? thought i might have seen something about it in this thread somewhere, but since its not in the op, and i posting anyway i thought id ask to make it streamlined. i know theres an app that can add it to any rom just about, but i thought i saw them baked in. just asking. loosing consciousness. gotta bake one mor...e...

There are no notificationwigdets to bake in for this rom. In some screenshots you can see the widgetsoid toggles. Paul modificated this rom to make them stay at the top of the notifications and hide the icon in the statusbar, but he reverted it for now because it cause trouble. He said he would investigate later, atm he is short in time. In another threat you propably seen the AOKP milestone 3 toggles, I love them ,but they are only build in the Aokp.

Guest Planet X

There are no notificationwigdets to bake in for this rom.

You could also use MoreQuicklyPanel to have even nicer notificationbuttuns with going into settings as well and have battery percentage in it too.

I use this app and really like it. Check for it in the market.

Edited by Planet X

Guest Christopher Olekas

I'm getting broken GPS and SoD issues with the latest few franco builds, so worth bearing that in mind until that's sorted... :(

P

I had one SoD on 18.0, but since moving to 18.2 I haven't had any issues...

Edited by Christopher Olekas

Guest Stretlow

I'm getting broken GPS and SoD issues with the latest few franco builds, so worth bearing that in mind until that's sorted... :(

P

Yeah for the first time since I rooted i'm not using Franco's kernel.

Currently testing the popcorn Kernel, well so far, battery looking the same as francos (only been running since yesterday)

You got any other kernel recommendations Paul?

Guest StuMcBill

same here. Using faux's kernel in the meantime. all running good and smooth.

Which version are you using? There are LOADS of links on the XDA-Post and I can't suss out what one to use!

Guest Francesco Colferai

I'm not able to make the "custom ingredients" work correctly, im adding a couple of apk in /system/app, roms is downloaded correctly but then the stock Launcher is taking the whole screen and "home/search/tasks" buttons below disappear. Strange.

Could you add Email.apk with exchange security bypassed in the kitchen options?? Thread and patch here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1117452

Guest CaspaTheGhost
I'm getting broken GPS and SoD issues with the latest few franco builds, so worth bearing that in mind until that's sorted...

P

I second that.

SoD two nights on the trot using different builds, both whilst charging.

I've switched back to imoseyon for the time being and GPS has improved greatly.

Guest imfloflo

I'm not able to make the "custom ingredients" work correctly, im adding a couple of apk in /system/app, roms is downloaded correctly but then the stock Launcher is taking the whole screen and "home/search/tasks" buttons below disappear. Strange.

Could you add Email.apk with exchange security bypassed in the kitchen options?? Thread and patch here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1117452

+1 i love this feature, instead of having a lockscreen password

Guest cmstlist

I know that browser find is already buggy in 4.0.2 as it is - on certain pages Find In Page insta-crashed for me on yakju 4.0.2 - but once I flashed Ir10 it got even worse. Now when I use find in page, upon entering one single character the Browser force closes. I've had to resort to switching to Chrome whenever I need to find in page. Anyone else seeing this?

Guest Planet X

Let us know how it goes...

There is also a new version of Nova Launcher.

And as kernel I use Trinity_NP-Any-384 with 1350MHz CPU And 384 GPU clock and SetCpu for set the minimum to 700MHz and ondemand. If I leave it @350 I loose connection.

It's very smooth and good on battery too. And also GPS is working fine for me.

Edited by Planet X

Hey Paul, Awsome work and I know you have mentioned and been asked already but could you update the Pre Bakes so the poor loosers who dont have a premium account here can try out your newest version? ... you know...like me lol

Guest alanhsu

Just installed a newly baked rom. So far soooo good.

I am coming from Ir10. I did a wipe before installing Ir11 beta.

Its feels significantly faster, NFC is finally working with franco kernel.

Restored apps with Titanium backup, everything restored just fine.

No issues so far.

Guest finessse

Hi all

NEWBIE question: I have just received my Nexus and I am about to unlock, root and flash CWM.

Does this ROM just require the three steps (unlock, root and CWM)?

Thanks

Guest cmstlist

Okay I've rolled back to stock rooted deodexed 4.0.2 from this ROM. I liked the extra features but it's causing me trouble. Twice in the span of two days since I originally flashed it, my phone just spontaneously corrupted the data partition, resulting in a bootloop that could only be solved by fastboot reflashing the userdata partition. Unfortunately, not knowing any better, I also ended up obliterating my whole internal storage, resulting in the loss of 3 weeks of app data and photos since the last backup I saved externally. And then less than 12 hours after restoring everything I could, it self-corrupted again and I had to go through the whole process (this time being wise enough to know how to back up the internal storage).

It could well be that I'm actually having a hardware problem, but if so, it's an odd coincidence that after 3 stable weeks on stock ROMs, my phone corrupts just over a day after flashing the MoDaCo ROM.