4 Apr Ir13 (IMM76D / 4.0.4 / CDMA + GSM): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Breezer23
Hello,

I tried to download the IR12 GSM release but I get the error message: "The requested URL was not found on this server."

Same issue sadly

Guest Bklyn Medic

Hello

I baked an Ir12 and strangely I can't access my wifi N network.

No problem to join my other network (802.11 G) but nothing to do for the 802.11 N.

Anyone has an idea?

Thanks

nico

I have a similar issue I was coming from stock rooted 4.0.4 wiped the obligatory 3 and then flashed when i started up i went activation was fine and connected to 4G great. When i went to wifi to log in i couldnt log into my wireless N 5ghz band SSID the only was that was showing was my 2.5ghz band SSID. Both coming off the same router. I flashed back using my nandroid but was wondering if you know of a fix. I dont want to pay for a custom option till I get this worked out.

Guest plisk3n

I've just baked the latest rom and I'm wondering if this still works:

Custom button images can now be pulled in on bootup - simply replicate the SystemUI directory structure (e.g. res/drawable-xhdpi/) under /system/mods/buttons and include the files you want replaced.

I've created the layout of /system/mods/buttons/res/drawable-xhdpi and put all of the custom PNG's there, but it still doesn't appear. I do notice the files are missing once after rebooting however. Any ideas?

Guest r5ingh

Is anyone else having GPS troubles with the new rom & Franco M1?... I was in a jam yesterday and navigation was just stuck on "searching for GPS".

I've tried wiping cache and reflashing a new bake... any idea's guys?

Guest PhilipSeth

Anyone else get these problems with the graphics? It happens to me many times per day.

I´ve never had this issue.. Check your app

Guest cam_neely

I´ve never had this issue.. Check your app

It is on all screens in the launcher, and on different launchers as well. I have wiped many times but still the same issues.

Guest PhilipSeth

Have you overclocked GPU? What kernel do you have?

If everything is ROM stock, it might be a HW issues caused by broken GPU.

I recommend to you to revert to stock 4.0.2 ROM for avoiding SW issue...

Edited by PhilipSeth

Guest zuul70

Hi everyone,

just a question :

I've baked a ir12 ROM, installed it, and i want to delete the "Modaco" folder in /sdcard/Pictures, but RootExplorer keeps telling me 'delete failed'.

Terminal emulator says "Permission denied".

But the permissions are the same for all my files / folders within /sdcard/Pictures, and i have no problem except for this particular folder...

Does it have a sort of magic protection, allowing it to survive a rm command ?

Edited by zuul70

Guest cam_neely

Have you overclocked GPU? What kernel do you have?

If everything is ROM stock, it might be a HW issues caused by broken GPU.

I recommend to you to revert to stock 4.0.2 ROM for avoiding SW issue...

I have Francos kernel but have not overclocked GPU. Is there any way to check if the GPU is broken?

Guest PhilipSeth

I have Francos kernel but have not overclocked GPU. Is there any way to check if the GPU is broken?

If I had this isuue, I would do a nandroid backup from recovery, re-lock the bootloader and stock rom by ODIN. Than check what happens... If everything is ok I will flash again Paul´s rom with this kernel: http://nexus.philipfotos.com/franco.Kernel-nightly.zip

Guest marcuso

Hi everyone,

just a question :

I've baked a ir12 ROM, installed it, and i want to delete the "Modaco" folder in /sdcard/Pictures, but RootExplorer keeps telling me 'delete failed'.

Terminal emulator says "Permission denied".

But the permissions are the same for all my files / folders within /sdcard/Pictures, and i have no problem except for this particular folder...

Does it have a sort of magic protection, allowing it to survive a rm command ?

Confirmed ! Just out of curiosity i tried to delete it via

a) "android-file transfer" on Mac and with connecting to Windows PC (using Windows Explorer) -> seemed to be gone, but was still there locally on the phone and also after reboot.

B) adb (permission denied)

c) local (root) file-explorer on the phone

d) local shell (terminal)

--> seems that Paul is doing some tricks with this - I wonder if these will go away when migrating to another Rom ? - not that i ever would ;-)

Guest alexius1981

Hi everybody,

I can't dowload prebake ROM, when i click on server 1 , it loop back the download page.

Any idea ?

Sorry for my poor english, i'm french.

EDIT : It's OK, Avira was blocking the captcha, now it's ok.

Edited by alexius1981

Guest Brembo109

The new AOKP Toggles are looking like shown in my Screenshot . I would prefer the modaco custom rom and the stockness combined with the online kitchen, but I'm also a fan of the notification toggles seen in CM9 and AOKP. Widgetsoid is no option for me, so if there would appeare an option for toggle I would instantly come back to modaco from ;-). Thank you Paul, work on as before , the community loves you :-*

Edited by Brembo109

Guest jmagee

Confirmed ! Just out of curiosity i tried to delete it via

a) "android-file transfer" on Mac and with connecting to Windows PC (using Windows Explorer) -> seemed to be gone, but was still there locally on the phone and also after reboot.

B) adb (permission denied)

c) local (root) file-explorer on the phone

d) local shell (terminal)

--> seems that Paul is doing some tricks with this - I wonder if these will go away when migrating to another Rom ? - not that i ever would ;-)

Same problem here. A little odd, it's not as those these are essential. Too be honest I'd never use those as a wall paper. Maybe a mistake?

Guest Nikolas Skoufis

Hi Modaco

I was loving your ROMs up until yesterday, when my phone became stuck at the boot animation and would not proceed any further. After trying to flash many different ROMs and kernels, and unsuccessfully trying to restore from a nandroid, I eventually had to do a full wipe and return to stock which fixed the issue.

I then proceeded to reflash your ROM, which immediately caused the stuck at boot animation again.

So it would seem that it's your ROM that's causing the issue. I don't hold it against you, and I'd be more than happy to return to your ROM in the future, but for now I'll be trying something else.

http://pastebin.com/xLuce6et

http://pastebin.com/1eHtrj7f

The first link is a logcat from your ROM. No matter how long you leave it to run, it just loops the boot animation and keeps garbage collection. The second link is a logcat from AOKP Milestone 4. That seems to display a different pattern of failure, where it keeps repeating the same messages over and over again. Hopefully this will help you track down the error.

Thanks

-Nik

Edited by Nikolas Skoufis