4 Apr Ir13 (IMM76D / 4.0.4 / CDMA + GSM): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest harolds5

Hello,

Were you able to flash the rom? The same thing happened to me twice. The first time I used the CDMA zip file above the kitchen. The 2nd time I used the custom rom in the kitchen. Same thing happened.Any help is appreciated. I am new...

Does your phone use a SIM card?

Guest voicelady

Yes. After the 2nd try my phone did the same thing, so I rebooted and tried to go back to stock. Now I can't restore because an error message pops up saying error when restoring data.

Does your phone use a SIM card?

Guest anthonygelatka

This is killing me, I had a previous version on my phone, I went through the instructions and the .zip file seemed to install, rebooted then the boot tile animation stays there for 15mins....

I pull the battery and do a restore old image, it boots into the OS stays there for a second on the home screen and then blacks out and reboots.

I can't use my phone atm, I tried buying a subscription and using a personalised rom but still the same issue.

Guest harolds5

Yes. After the 2nd try my phone did the same thing, so I rebooted and tried to go back to stock. Now I can't restore because an error message pops up saying error when restoring data.

If you have a SIM card then you need to be installing the GSM version.

Guest ajm144k

If you have a SIM card then you need to be installing the GSM version.

no verizon uses sim cards for lte. verizon is a cdma carrier and if you're on verizon use the cdma version NOT gsm (gsm is att, tmobile, and europe, etc)

anyone have any opinions on my post above? still wondering about the kitchen...

Guest voicelady

CDMA is what I installed. Then I tried the kitchen and now I'm stuck :(

no verizon uses sim cards for lte. verizon is a cdma carrier and if you're on verizon use the cdma version NOT gsm (gsm is att, tmobile, and europe, etc)

anyone have any opinions on my post above? still wondering about the kitchen...

Guest voicelady

I hope I can get this solved soon:(

This is killing me, I had a previous version on my phone, I went through the instructions and the .zip file seemed to install, rebooted then the boot tile animation stays there for 15mins....

I pull the battery and do a restore old image, it boots into the OS stays there for a second on the home screen and then blacks out and reboots.

I can't use my phone atm, I tried buying a subscription and using a personalised rom but still the same issue.

Guest anthonygelatka

Thanks, i've done a factory reset to 4.0.2. nice to start afresh again, amazed at how quick the boot time is without the ridiculous amount of app's i brought with the vouchers given to me on launch day (still got money left!)

I hope I can get this solved soon:(

Guest voicelady

Great:) There is hope for me yet!

Thanks, i've done a factory reset to 4.0.2. nice to start afresh again, amazed at how quick the boot time is without the ridiculous amount of app's i brought with the vouchers given to me on launch day (still got money left!)

Guest timbck2

I've been having a few random reboots the past couple of days. I'm running MoDaCo Ir12 (Samsung Galaxy Nexus CDMA) with franco kernel Milestone 2. Any ideas?

Guest Anthony Herr

Question -

I keep getting spotty coverage and dropping calls, when I check the signal meter, I have 4 bars, but they are grey. Wait a few minutes and then go back to blue. It's not the coverage area as worked fine on stock and folks next to me seem to have no issues.

How can I verify if I have the newest radios? I am on LTE version.

And if I don't have them, how do I flash them. Are they part of Ir12?

Thanks

Edited by Anthony Herr

Guest jmagee

Question -

I keep getting spotty coverage and dropping calls, when I check the signal meter, I have 4 bars, but they are grey. Wait a few minutes and then go back to blue. It's not the coverage area as worked fine on stock and folks next to me seem to have no issues.

Thanks

I've noticed some issues using Franco m2 kernel. I have to reboot to solve it. Hoping for a ROM update soon as I'm still having some system.ui issues. Can't complain compared to other people though.

Guest Brembo109

You can check your radio in the "about phone" section of the settings. Search for your Basebandversion. It should be something like XXKL01 in it. You can select a basebandoption in the kitchen and flash it together with the from. I can't tell you witch baseband is included in the prbakes

Guest voicelady

Thanks:) What does that mean? lol I did get the problem fixed by unrooting. Then I re-rooted and lost root again when I updated to 4.0.4. So now I will reroot. and try a modaco rom asap. I would really like my facebook sync etc. Thanks again! I may post again whne I get ready to install the rom.

Sorry to hear about so many problems. Just a reminder that Google does provide sick images for download here http://code.google.c...xus/images.html

Guest jmagee

Thanks:) What does that mean? lol I did get the problem fixed by unrooting. Then I re-rooted and lost root again when I updated to 4.0.4. So now I will reroot. and try a modaco rom asap. I would really like my facebook sync etc. Thanks again! I may post again whne I get ready to install the rom.

Sorry for taking so long. It would be unrooting your phone. For facebook there is a great little app called Haxsync which Paul introduced to many members a while ago. It does a really great job of replacing the facebook sync from previous version of the ROM

Guest voicelady

Great:) Thanks for the tip. I am re-rooted now and am hesitant on flashing rom. Gonna' do more research and make sure I am doing it correctly.!

Sorry for taking so long. It would be unrooting your phone. For facebook there is a great little app called Haxsync which Paul introduced to many members a while ago. It does a really great job of replacing the facebook sync from previous version of the ROM

Guest voicelady

I was having random re-boots before rooting. It's a common thing among some Gnex. It stopped doing it after the root.

I've been having a few random reboots the past couple of days. I'm running MoDaCo Ir12 (Samsung Galaxy Nexus CDMA) with franco kernel Milestone 2. Any ideas?

Guest voicelady

Mine does the same thing. I live in a rural location. I always put my phone on CDMA and Home only and that seems to get better coverage. I don't know about the radios. I am still very new at this:)

Question -

Thanks

Guest voicelady

Do you know how to get beats audio on ICS Galaxy NEX?

You can check your radio in the "about phone" section of the settings. Search for your Basebandversion. It should be something like XXKL01 in it. You can select a basebandoption in the kitchen and flash it together with the from. I can't tell you witch baseband is included in the prbakes

Guest zenkinz

anybody got problem using Facebook's check-in? Facebook will FC when I do that. so I'm not sure if it's a FB problem, or Modaco's firmware problem.

Also, I seems to have problem now adding new account in the account & sync setting. it'll just jump out of the add screen.

Guest mmf011

UPDATING FROM IR10 TO IR12....NO HOME ICONS

Hi,

I am updating from IR10 to IR12, and have no home icons (on the bottom of the screen).

I noticed in one of the topics, that i must do a full wipe when updating from IR10 to 12, however IR11 to IR12 doesn't need a wipe.

....I would really prefer not to do a wipe, since i would lose all my settings etc. Would you be able to post a link to the IR11 release? or at least give me an idea of a program that will save all my settings?

Thanks in advance,

Mat

Guest Puzzlegirl

UPDATING FROM IR10 TO IR12....NO HOME ICONS

Hi,

I am updating from IR10 to IR12, and have no home icons (on the bottom of the screen).

I noticed in one of the topics, that i must do a full wipe when updating from IR10 to 12, however IR11 to IR12 doesn't need a wipe.

....I would really prefer not to do a wipe, since i would lose all my settings etc. Would you be able to post a link to the IR11 release? or at least give me an idea of a program that will save all my settings?

Thanks in advance,

Mat

You have to wipe going from Ir10 to Ir11 so you shouldn't save system settings anyway. If you've not got Titanium Backup, I think My Backup Root works for restoring apps with data

Guest PaulOBrien

Hello,

I am a beginner. I installed the rom on my phone using the cdma link above the kitchen, My phone just stayed on the bootup screen for 7 minutes. So I pulled the battery and went back to stock. I also would like to know what you mean by flashing in two parts. I was going to do a custom rom using the kitchen, but am unsure about how to do in two parts. Thanks for the help. I am very new at this:)

You have to wipe before installing if you are coming from stock or a release before Ir11.

I tweaked the post to remove the reference to flashing two parts, this no longer applies! :)

P