Replacement cases / housing

Guest Roph

Dealextreme just added both white and black (grey) housing sets for the V880, which is physically identical to the blade :lol:

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/zte-v880-replacement-full-housing-with-buttons-white-109095

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/zte-v880-replacement-full-housing-with-buttons-black-109094

I've just ordered a black one, I'll finally be rid of that orange logo and I can keep the other bits for spare parts :). I remember seeing others wanting replacement back covers for a while and only finding extortionate prices on ebay, this is better :lol:

Guest oxyg3n89

Worldwide Free Shipping, 5,15 euro onlyblink.gif wOw biggrin.gif i will take both color. many thanks for link !!

the only concern for me is how about working digitizer separating from worn front facia ? is it possible doing it without breaking or damaging digitizer's corners ?advise from anyone ? thanks

Edited by oxyg3n89

Worldwide Free Shipping, 5,15 euro onlyblink.gif wOw biggrin.gif i will take both color. many thanks for link !!

the only concern for me is how about working digitizer separating from worn front facia ? is it possible doing it without breaking or damaging digitizer's corners ?advise from anyone ? thanks

I agree, this is the reason i haven't order one yet.

Wouldn't be there a sticker on both sides of the front face?

Guest oxyg3n89

I ordered one, will report back if digitizer was super-glue sticked. biggrin.gif

I agree, this is the reason i haven't order one yet.

Wouldn't be there a sticker on both sides of the front face?

Guest Steve T

I ordered one, will report back if digitizer was super-glue sticked. biggrin.gif

I have changed a screen/digitizer before. You have to carefully push the screen/digitizer out the front from behind.

quite a tense moment but it worked OK.

The glue remains tacky after seperation from the case but since this seal needs to repel water I added a little bit of silcon

Steve

Guest Steve T

Anyone know where to get new glass? One ive got a hold of is broken. Digitizer still works tho

brand new Glass and digitzer are sold as one unit, a guy on ebay sells them from hong kong. But the're pricy (IMO)

(although you can ask for different logo on the glass, ZTE, San Francisco, or blank)

I bought a blank one.

Steve

Guest oxyg3n89

thanks for advice.smile.gif

I have changed a screen/digitizer before. You have to carefully push the screen/digitizer out the front from behind.

quite a tense moment but it worked OK.

The glue remains tacky after seperation from the case but since this seal needs to repel water I added a little bit of silcon

Steve

• 4 weeks later...
Guest oxyg3n89

Quality is good, not much difference from original . Separating digitizer from original fascia is very risky, the strenght of being glued to surface could be stronger than digitizer itself, so i broke mine very easily, even trying it with care and soft push from the corners.. However front is good for new digitizer, cause glue is there.

Battery cover have lense, power swith keeps in place, easy to add :)but no soft material protecting camera from dust and camera lense letters shine too.. :D

13253367292.jpg

13253367293.jpg

13253370541.jpg

13253370542.jpg

Edited by oxyg3n89

Does it have volume buttons? I'm missing those.

Nope.

For those who ordered the covers, are they good quality or do them seem like 3rd party fakes?

Was it easy to perform the cover switch?

Quality is almost the same as original ones, these are not so "soft".

Switching these covers is not the easiest thing to do, and it requires patience not to break everything with too much force.. :D Switching the housing also avoids your warranty!

Is it possible to fit a ZTE Libra into these?

No its not.

Guest shakerist

Nope.

Quality is almost the same as original ones, these are not so "soft".

Switching these covers is not the easiest thing to do, and it requires patience not to break everything with too much force.. :D Switching the housing also avoids your warranty!

No its not.

If its not to much hassle can u make a video guide? and is it near impossible to use the same digitizer or would i need a new one. I want a white oled blade that would be awesome

Edited by shakerist

Guest Watashi_PT

If its not to much hassle can u make a video guide? and is it near impossible to use the same digitizer or would i need a new one. I want a white oled blade that would be awesome

I've ordered one case, one protective back case and one pack of disassembly tools from DX. Damn, things there are so cheap!!

The status of my order is: backorder. Does anyone know how much time can it take?

And i would appreciate a tutorial to :)

Guest meep.o.matic
No its not.

Then, does anyone know where I could buy/order a replacement housing for the Libra? I read somewhere that ZTE is not planning to sell those to the public...

I knew I should have bought the Blade instead...

Guest The Red

Thanks thats exactly what im looking for, I have ordered the white case with a set of tools, can you give me a rough estimate of when they would be delivered as I have never purchased anything from deal xtreme

If you're in England then typically it'll take anywhere between 14 and 21 days.

Then, does anyone know where I could buy/order a replacement housing for the Libra? I read somewhere that ZTE is not planning to sell those to the public...

I knew I should have bought the Blade instead...

I have a sneaky suspicion that the Blade housing will fit the libra perfectly.