[ROM] <<< Fish'N'Chips RLS 3.2 >>> [GEN2]

Guest n4y4nrules

Guest Baggy Pipes

Incidentally, which is your favourite launcher? And why?

I'm trying to get as many opinions as possible from you guys (specifically launcher preferences) to help us with our work on RLS3 :)

Launcher Pro my favorite as it has the option in preferences/dock settings to show missed call/sms/gmail count in the dock.

Couldn't find this option in Nemus.

Great ROM btw :)

Edited by Baggy Pipes

Guest n4y4nrules

Launcher Pro my favorite as it has the option in preferences/dock settings to show missed call/sms/gmail count in the dock.

Couldn't find this option in Nemus.

Great ROM btw :)

Ah. Interesting. Personally, I quite like that aspect of Launcher Pro. Call, text, and mail dock notifications are a few of it's excellent redeeming qualities. Overall, I agree that it's an excellent feature packed launcher.

There are only 2 tiny things that put me off Launcher Pro:

1 - It's slightly heavy (but that comes with it being so feature packed and customizable)

2 - the full version is a PAID app *big thumbsdown from n4y4nrules* :(

It's all down to how each individual uses their phone. Call intensive, SMS intensive, Music (sound) intensive, Facebook App intensive (god forbid), etc...

It's great finding out people's likes and dislikes, for it allows myself and raverrr to prioritise which areas to dedicate our time to.

We need more people like you to voice their likes, dislikes and suggestions. :)

Cheers for the input and support.

I hope you carry on enjoying Fish'N'Chips. :D

Edited by n4y4nrules

I'm try to upgrade my ZTE San Francisco from gsf-blade-b19 rom to fish'N'chips_RLS2_Nemus but I'm getting this error "E:Error in /sdcard/fish'N'chips_RLS2_Nemus.ip

(status 7)" and I'm stucked, can someone help me out?

regards

Zeppi

Guest ManMetDeHamer

I'm try to upgrade my ZTE San Francisco from gsf-blade-b19 rom to fish'N'chips_RLS2_Nemus but I'm getting this error "E:Error in /sdcard/fish'N'chips_RLS2_Nemus.ip

regards

Zeppi

Did you try to re download the rom?

Guest n4y4nrules

hi if im on rls1 and i want to go to rls 2 do i have to wipe?

Yes you do. Ensure that you:

Wipe data/factory reset

Wipe cache partition

Wipe dalvik cache

Guest n4y4nrules

thanks man

ps: this rom is freakin' awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers dude. Glad you like it. :)

By the way, which launcher version of Fish'N'Chips are you using and why?

Guest the_zip_master

Ah. Interesting. Personally, I quite like that aspect of Launcher Pro. Call, text, and mail dock notifications are a few of it's excellent redeeming qualities. Overall, I agree that it's an excellent feature packed launcher.

There are only 2 tiny things that put me off Launcher Pro:

1 - It's slightly heavy (but that comes with it being so feature packed and customizable)

2 - the full version is a PAID app *big thumbsdown from n4y4nrules* :(

It's all down to how each individual uses their phone. Call intensive, SMS intensive, Music (sound) intensive, Facebook App intensive (god forbid), etc...

It's great finding out people's likes and dislikes, for it allows myself and raverrr to prioritise which areas to dedicate our time to.

We need more people like you to voice their likes, dislikes and suggestions. :)

Cheers for the input and support.

I hope you carry on enjoying Fish'N'Chips. :D

I must admit I'm a launcher pro fan as well for the same reasons.

I also like the fact that you can adjust the opening speed of the app drawer and screen previews.

I like that the standard icons along the bottom of the screen are subtle and not in your face. However, they can also be changed if not to your liking.

I am currently running the nemus version and although it was slick, i wanted the screen to slide faster. Therefore, I ended up putting a copy of launcher pro over the top of it.

The other thing i have swapped in the ROM is the MMS.apk from GSF 22. It's slightly smaller in size, but allows you to change the background to black for text inputs and also lets me 'spoof'' the user agent (makes the blade look like another phone). This is the only way i can get MMS messages to work with O2.

Looking forward to your next release, but to be honest the current one is great.

Zip

@autist are you using chinese ZTE blade or having 256 MB of RAM. Because that is exactly what happen to me with this rom.

@raverrr The slow boot happen every time, not just the first boot.

This happened to me too (of course with 256 mb ram blade version) So I change bootanimation.zip (/data/local/bootanimation.zip) with the boot animation from other ROM, reboot, and magic.. a very long boot time (sometimes even endless) and random errors instantly disappear :D

Did you get this error message:

"assert failed: write_raw_image (" / tmp / boot.img "," boot ")"

"E: Error in /sdcard/fish'N'chips_RLS2_Nemus.zip (status 7)"

That's also what I get, I just ignored it and everything is OK, except for a very long boot time and random errors that I mentioned above.

Sorry for my bad english. Btw, this is my first post :)

Guest n4y4nrules

This happened to me too (of course with 256 mb ram blade version) So I change bootanimation.zip (/data/local/bootanimation.zip) with the boot animation from other ROM, reboot, and magic.. a very long boot time (sometimes even endless) and random errors instantly disappear :D

That's also what I get, I just ignored it and everything is OK, except for a very long boot time and random errors that I mentioned above.

Myself and raverrr have NOT got a Chinese ZTE Blade.

If we can get hold of one, for testing, we would be able to research more into optimizing Fish'N'Chips for use with a Chinese Blade.

If only someone could donate one to us... :P

Guest Baggy Pipes

The other thing i have swapped in the ROM is the MMS.apk from GSF 22. It's slightly smaller in size, but allows you to change the background to black for text inputs ....

I must admit. I also prefer that Messaging App for the same reason - changing the message background to black make it much easier to read.

Edited by Baggy Pipes

Guest Baggy Pipes

Note for Themers.

I like the Green Pea theme but when you install it, it removes the power options from the pull down notification bar area.

If you install the Power option again after putting a theme on it changes some of the icons to blue and leaves some green.

I ended up using the Green Pea theme and the power widget.

Ding ding ding... we have a winner! So I install fish 'n chips from CWM, mount /data and delete bootanimation.zip. Done. No more long boot time. Thanks man!

Guest n4y4nrules

Well done on that quick fix rdis! And your English is fine. :)

Edited by n4y4nrules

Guest sssingletrack

Since we have BBC I Player in this ROM, are we going to have ITV Player in the next one too?

Just tried ITV player, It doesn't work. I installed Adobe AIR and when you try to open ITV player the screen turns blank and then the application force closes.

Edited by sssingletrack

Guest n4y4nrules

Since we have BBC I Player in this ROM, are we going to have ITV Player in the next one too?

Just tried ITV player, It doesn't work. I installed Adobe AIR and when you try to open ITV player the screen turns blank and then the application force closes.

I'll have a look into this. :)

AMAZING!

this works!

only 30 sec of booting, what a great day!

Guest the_zip_master

Hi

I've found a small bug which is probably a result of me changing the default MMS.apk in RLS2 to the one from GSF22.

When i try and send a contact via SMS using the menu option in the dialer it doesn't. Can someone let me know if it works using the standard RLS 2 ROM?

If it doesn't, it's not a deal breaker because the SHARE option works as long as you install the 'Share contacts via SMS' App available on Android Market.

Zip