[ROM] <<< Fish'N'Chips RLS 3.2 >>> [GEN2]

Guest n4y4nrules

Guest sssingletrack

Hi

I've found a small bug which is probably a result of me changing the default MMS.apk in RLS2 to the one from GSF22.

When i try and send a contact via SMS using the menu option in the dialer it doesn't. Can someone let me know if it works using the standard RLS 2 ROM?

If it doesn't, it's not a deal breaker because the SHARE option works as long as you install the 'Share contacts via SMS' App available on Android Market.

Zip

I'm not sure what your trying to ask. Do you want to know if the send a contact via SMS works in the stock Fish'n'Chips application?

If so then it works fine on my phone.

Guest raverrr

Hi

I've found a small bug which is Iprobably a result of me changing the default MMS.apk in RLS2 to the one from GSF22.

When i try and send a contact via SMS using the menu option in the dialer it doesn't. Can someone let me know if it works using the standard RLS 2 ROM?

If it doesn't, it's not a deal breaker because the SHARE option works as long as you install the 'Share contacts via SMS' App available on Android Market.

Zip

Confirmed. Send and receive on stock app.

Edited by raverrr

Guest bboyzell

The App works fine but I cannot add the account under the 'Accounts & sync' option!

I am also experiencing this myself,i go to Accounts & Sync and go to add accounts then when i click on Facebook quits back to Accounts and sync

Few other things iv found out using RLS2.

• Using the new Facebook, it tends to lock up when i initially load up the application, after 30 seconds it processed to start to load
  • Normally would rather using the default keyboard + predictive text, but i have had swipe grow on me, and now prefer it
  • Been Really enjoying the default font you guys have set
  • other than facebook, general getting around the phone, swapping apps (closing and opening new ones) it seems to be much better
  • Have been experiencing laggy music playback. stop starting, this is with all applications closed using ap-killer

Overall still pretty darn happy

Guest the_zip_master

I'm not sure what your trying to ask. Do you want to know if the send a contact via SMS works in the stock Fish'n'Chips application?

If so then it works fine on my phone.

Thanks for the reply

I've obviously broken the send via SMS feature by installing a different MMS.apk onto the phone.

Regards

Zip

Guest Watashi_PT

I am also experiencing this myself,i go to Accounts & Sync and go to add accounts then when i click on Facebook quits back to Accounts and sync

• Using the new Facebook, it tends to lock up when i initially load up the application, after 30 seconds it processed to start to load
  • Normally would rather using the default keyboard + predictive text, but i have had swipe grow on me, and now prefer it
  • other than facebook, general getting around the phone, swapping apps (closing and opening new ones) it seems to be much better
  • Have been experiencing laggy music playback. stop starting, this is with all applications closed using ap-killer

I like the font too :)

Facebook in my blade works fine

Guest n4y4nrules

Personally, I am an avid Facebook user (I use it at least 5 times a day). BUT, I have given up on using the "Facebook for Android" app. It is absolutely terrible in my opinion. :( Heavy, data intensive, CPU intensive, and therefore battery (power) intensive, VERY LAGGY and VERY UNSTABLE. So, I have resorted to using Dolphin mini browser to use the Facebook mobile website. I personally recommend uninstalling the "Facebook for Android" app and using a lesser system resource intensive method to use Facebook. All in all, I believe, that the "Facebook for Android" app goes against the whole idea of the ROM: Fish'N'Chips.

About your other issue - music. I have NEVER had any issues whatsoever with music playback. Firstly, try installing Fede's Music app alpha 2 (apk can be found at the top of the "Apps Recommended for use with Fish'N'Chips" section). Absolutely INCREDIBLE, in my opinion. I rate this app VERY HIGHLY.

Its super simple, super light, super fast and super stable. Perfectly suited to the ROM and great for simply PLAYING music.

If you're phone still has problems, I suggest the tried and tested method of: wiping data/factory reset, then wiping cache partition, then wiping dalvik cache and then re-flashing. Its amazing what wiping and reflashing solves. :P

Hope this helps you. :)

Edited by n4y4nrules

It's very fast, and i don't see any lag anywhere, not had any weird problems with it, the only thing i havn't tested is skype calls as some roms do this out of the loud speaker, i hope this doesn't :)

I consider myself a heavy skype user. Unfortunately this rom do use loud speaker to make skype call. This can be problematic in public place. The only rom I found that correctly use internal speaker is CM7. Using this rom, Is there any setting I can change to make skype call using internal speaker?

Edit: I found a solution here. Thanks to lousou76 for this smile.gif

Edited by tictoc

Guest XStyhler

ALL HAIL TO Fish'n'Chips :-)

I love this Rom, its fast, it looks very nice and Batterylife seems to be ok.

But I have a Problem:

The green LED doesn't work when I have a missed SMS. Strange, the Notification Sound doesn't work either.

Anyone else or is this just me??

Guest Josef Prusa

Hello guys!

Thanks for the Fish'N'Chips ROM, it is great. I still have a strange issue with RLS2 phone app, though. When somebody calls me for the first time in a while (can't specify the period more precisely) I have problems accepting the call. I slide the circle, it disappears. yet nothing happens and the phone continues ringing. I have to slide again on the empty space where the slider normally sits and then I usually succeed. I sometimes even miss the call and have to call back. Maybe the phone is just too overloaded - I have got some 90 apps, some of them offloaded to SD-Ext, don't know. I have reflashed CM7 (nightly257) for comparison and it works fine there.

Any idea what could be the cause here? Anybody with similar problems?

Thanks

Josef

Guest raverrr

Hello guys!

Thanks for the Fish'N'Chips ROM, it is great. I still have a strange issue with RLS2 phone app, though. When somebody calls me for the first time in a while (can't specify the period more precisely) I have problems accepting the call. I slide the circle, it disappears. yet nothing happens and the phone continues ringing. I have to slide again on the empty space where the slider normally sits and then I usually succeed. I sometimes even miss the call and have to call back. Maybe the phone is just too overloaded - I have got some 90 apps, some of them offloaded to SD-Ext, don't know. I have reflashed CM7 (nightly257) for comparison and it works fine there.

Any idea what could be the cause here? Anybody with similar problems?

Thanks

Josef

Did you restore all your apps to cm 7 ? could be a specific app causing the conflict. But then again the cm 7 dialer may not react the same so you may never know. However a2sd had caused us some issues. The script will be reviewed and updated if needed.

Guest McScruff

A few things i have changed on this rom are the keyboard (personal preference), the alarm clock as it didn't work... and i use go sms as it looks better then the standard. With this i am still a very happy user, so don't change too much in the next version :)

Ding ding ding... we have a winner! So I install fish 'n chips from CWM, mount /data and delete bootanimation.zip. Done. No more long boot time. Thanks man!

Well done on that quick fix rdis! And your English is fine. :)

AMAZING!

this works!

only 30 sec of booting, what a great day!

Glad to hear that. Cheers.. :)

RLS3 will support the Chinese blades.

Great.. can't wait for it.

So someone has donated his Chinese ZTE Blade to you? :P

Guest raverrr

Glad your happy with it :) RLS3 is pretty much on pause for for xmas but will get back to it soon.

Guest raverrr

how's the battery consumption?

I get roughly the same as Swedish spring. Depends entirely on your usage really. I've had good feedback on the battery life. No drain issues.

Guest Josef Prusa

Did you restore all your apps to cm 7 ? could be a specific app causing the conflict. But then again the cm 7 dialer may not react the same so you may never know. However a2sd had caused us some issues. The script will be reviewed and updated if needed.

Thanks. MIght be some app or something... I had to leave CM7 anyway, it is horribly unstable - I get one day at most before the thing goes into an endless reboot cycle. It started somewhere around nightly 140 and has not improved since... sad.gif So much for CM7 - back to F'N'C or Moldovan.

Cheers. And Merry Christmas everyone!

hi guys. .....

I'm curRently running swedish spring on a gen 1 oled blade. happy with it but fancy a change, after all it is xmas!

so I've decided I'd like to give fish n chips a try...

I've download 'tpt helper' from the market to change from gen 1 to gen 2 and I've also download a fish n chips Rom which Is now on my phones sd card.

what ID like to know is where do I go from here? I've had a quick glance around tpt helper but there seems to be loads of options and I'm not confident I'll select the right one! or is there a simpler way of getting f&c on my phone?

any help or guidance would be much appreciated.

kind regards,

Fillo

Guest n4y4nrules

hi guys. .....

I'm curRently running swedish spring on a gen 1 oled blade. happy with it but fancy a change, after all it is xmas!

I've download 'tpt helper' from the market to change from gen 1 to gen 2 and I've also download a fish n chips Rom which Is now on my phones sd card.

what ID like to know is where do I go from here? I've had a quick glance around tpt helper but there seems to be loads of options and I'm not confident I'll select the right one! or is there a simpler way of getting f&c on my phone?

kind regards,

Fillo

Hi,

Thank you for choosing Fish'N'Chips. I hope you like it :D

Firstly,

Do you have a custom recovery installed on your phone? (Clockworkmods) :)

Guest Amphoras

hi guys. .....

kind regards,

Fillo

First of all, you need to convert to Gen 2. The 160MB system partition should be big enough for most stuff, so you want the v9 custom TPT. First you need to backup any apps/data you want to keep, as the TPT will wipe it all.

When you open the TPT Helper app, pick the All in One option. It should give you a list of TPT's to pick. Choose the Gen 1 to Gen 2 v9 custom one, and let the app download, unzip and check it. If it says the that everything worked, then you're ready to start. press the back button to go back to the main screen, and pick the Start TPT button. It will ask if you're sure, as long as everything matched in the previous step, it should be safe to start. When you click yes, your phone should reboot and you should see some green text. It should then boot into ClockworkMod (think its version 5.0.2.0). Once you get there, you can flash the Fish and Chips zip and that's you done.

If nothing happens when you tell it to start the TPT, then you just need to do it manually. Turn off your phone, then turn it back on again while holding menu and vol+. Keep holding them until you see the green text, then continue as above.

Guest Geoff_UK

Hi,

Been running this rom for a couple of weeks and find the battery life good - better for me than CM7, but when I see screeshots of 10 or 12 DAYS, I can't understand how mine is nothing like that - lol.

If I can get to the end of the day with 20-30% left , I'm happy.

Anyway, the only problem I've encountered is to do with bluetooth pairing with my car - it pairs ok, but refuses to download the phonebook to the car??

I temp reverted back to CM7 from a CW backup and the phonebook works perfectly with the car??

Any ideas, as I'd like to come back to this rom for its superior battery life.

Cheers

Edited by Geoff_UK