[ROM] <<< Fish'N'Chips RLS 3.2 >>> [GEN2]

Guest n4y4nrules

Guest n4y4nrules

Thanks for the information.. Unfortunately I am not able to use swype too comfortably.. Can you suggest me on how to install xt9 dictionary? Besides that, the new market is also not installed..

However, I would like to appreciate your work alot.. I have been an active user of Elitemovil ROMs and GSF, but as compared to them this ROM is really very good.. You should keep up the work.. I have about 4-5 ZTE Blade's on which I would be flashing this ROM now. Usability is very smooth, fast and battery backup is also really good. 5 stars to this ROM..

Also, do you have any plans of coming up with new version 2.3.6 or 2.3.7?

ok

I'm just finding the xt9 keyboard backup that we made just before we got rid of it in RLS2.

When I've found it I shall post a download link for you.

Fish'N'Chips forever :D

Guest sssingletrack

Just flashed the gingerbread GPS fix. It does not solve the GPS issue some off us have had.

I'm not sure why it does it. If you turn the phone off with GPS of, boot it back up and turn the GPS back on it works but if you then turn the GPS off and on again then it does not work.

Guest hahawas

Just installed a few hours ago and its brainbustingly fast. By far the most smoothest fasted rom i've ever used and i've used moldavan mile high pie, GSF, japanese jellyfish,swedish spring and several CMs. For example when unlocking through widget locker there is no lag into the homescreen. Wifi works fine and despite some people finding this a negative, the old market is included which is 200% faster and easier to use than the new market. It also inslalled extremely quickly

Only complaint which is personal preference is the neon blue notificaton viewer, which is a but difficult to see the text

Best rom i've ever used so far since getting my blade a year ago. Thanks to the developers who have been extremely responsive to everyone's issues and have put loads of effort behind this rom, e.g the videos which no one else has done!

Thanks a lot!!

Edited by hahawas

Guest raverrr

Just installed a few hours ago and its brainbustingly fast. By far the most smoothest fasted rom i've ever used and i've used moldavan mile high pie, GSF, japanese jellyfish,swedish spring and several CMs. For example when unlocking through widget locker there is no lag into the homescreen. Wifi works fine and despite some people finding this a negative, the old market is included which is 200% faster and easier to use than the new market. It also inslalled extremely quickly

Only complaint which is personal preference is the neon blue notificaton viewer, which is a but difficult to see the text

Best rom i've ever used so far since getting my blade a year ago. Thanks to the developers who have been extremely responsive to everyone's issues and have put loads of effort behind this rom, e.g the videos which no one else has done!

Thanks a lot!!

Your welcome :). Glad the effort doesn't go unnoticed :)

Guest n4y4nrules

Thanks a lot!!

I'm glad you like our ROM. :D

Just out of interest, which launcher version are you using and why?

Cheers for the support :)

Guest hahawas

I'm glad you like our ROM. :D

Just out of interest, which launcher version are you using and why?

Cheers for the support :)

Actually that is one of the only issues that i've experienced. I normally use Launcher Pro, but when i added the google search bar, it moves to the top of the screen and becomes unselectable. Never happened before

However, I then tried ADW and now i prefer that because its really customisable and the app drawer is a lot lot smoother. The search bar works as well

I'm not a big fan of Nemus since i don't like the app drawer being transparent and its not as customisable. Also you can't use themes which is what I use

Also the BBC iplayer works but the frame rate is really bad that its unwatchable unlike in your video. This may be a problem for other users but since i don't watch much tv and when i do its South Park which is unfortunately only on Viva :(

EDIT: DON'T WORRY, READ THE FIX IN THE OP FOR THE IPLAYER TO SET IT TO LOW QUALITY AND NOW IT AND IT WORKS LIKE A DREAM! :D

Edited by hahawas

Guest n4y4nrules

Actually that is one of the only issues that i've experienced. I normally use Launcher Pro, but when i added the google search bar, it moves to the top of the screen and becomes unselectable. Never happened before

However, I then tried ADW and now i prefer that because its really customisable and the app drawer is a lot lot smoother. The search bar works as well

I'm not a big fan of Nemus since i don't like the app drawer being transparent and its not as customisable. Also you can't use themes which is what I use

Also the BBC iplayer works but the frame rate is really bad that its unwatchable unlike in your video. This may be a problem for other users but since i don't watch much tv and when i do its South Park which is unfortunately only on Viva :(

You can use themes with Nemus. Like this one: http://android.modaco.com/topic/349928-fishnchips-neon-blue-theme-for-nemus-launcher/

And did you make sure you changed the BBC iPlayer settings as I showed in this video at 02:10

Guest hahawas

You can use themes with Nemus. Like this one: http://android.modaco.com/topic/349928-fishnchips-neon-blue-theme-for-nemus-launcher/

And did you make sure you changed the BBC iPlayer settings as I showed in this video at 02:10

http://www.youtube.com

/watch?v=Onp0N7ffUxw

Yeah, the iplayer ia fixed, and when I said themes I meant iconpacks for launchers so they appear in the app drawer

Guest Geoff_UK

very happy with this ROM - best battery life I've experienced since I got my Blade 12 months ago !!

Cured the problem with my bluetooth and car phone kit - swapped the bluetooth.apk with the one from the CM7 rom - all is great now.

My phone does all day with moderate use and still has an average of 60% left when I put it on charge at bed time :rolleyes:

Just checked now and it's been on for 15hrs and has 65% left

Guest raverrr

very happy with this ROM - best battery life I've experienced since I got my Blade 12 months ago !!

Cured the problem with my bluetooth and car phone kit - swapped the bluetooth.apk with the one from the CM7 rom - all is great now.

My phone does all day with moderate use and still has an average of 60% left when I put it on charge at bed time :rolleyes:

Just checked now and it's been on for 15hrs and has 65% left

wow that is good haha. Wen I hit the pillow I'm usually closer to the 40 percent mark. But I do spend a lot of time on modaco when I should be working lol shame you had a problem with the headset. Any one else had any headset issues?

Guest Shahmatt

Thx all 4 the answer about iplayer..

Still find a way to work @ my country.

Im using nofrill cpu n still didnt get the best setting.

Does anyone to share the best setting uve got...

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

I am overclocked to 672MHz because anything more makes my phone unstable.

Min clock frequency is 122MHz.

Governor changed to SmartassV2

I/O scheduler changed to noop (no operations)

Do NOT tick "Apply on boot" unless you are super confident that your phone is stable on ur new settings. Best to wait a few days, or weeks even before ticking this box.

I get fairly good battery life on regular use, more than the average 1 day that I have had on previous ROMs I have used. I think the SmartassV2 governor is extremely efficient when idling. I lose maybe 1% every 3 hours, which is ridiculously good for me.

Guest sssingletrack

Yeah, the iplayer ia fixed, and when I said themes I meant iconpacks for launchers so they appear in the app drawer

They do, on the app drawer the icons are blue on that theme.

wow that is good haha. Wen I hit the pillow I'm usually closer to the 40 percent mark. But I do spend a lot of time on modaco when I should be working lol shame you had a problem with the headset. Any one else had any headset issues?

I usually have about 11% when i put it on charge on a night.

Though, it usually sits about 80+% untill about 4pm when I start with the wifi, till about 9pm. So my battery loss seems reasonable.

Edited by sssingletrack

Guest hahawas

Battery life is one of the best i've had on my blade. 3% gone after 9 hours whilst idle. I lost 30% with Moldovan mile high pie. Even with Wifi on the battery is very good.

I have a request for the devs. I will be honest, internally the rom is 1000% brilliant but I really don't like the pull down notification colour. Its bright blue and generally looks a bit over the top and untidy when you have black, blue and white clashing. I don't really like the other themes you've uploaded either. Can you upload the original, stock, green noticfication bar to make this rom a 100% rather than 99%? I'm sure others would also appreciate it.

Thanks!

Guest raverrr

Battery life is one of the best i've had on my blade. 3% gone after 9 hours whilst idle. I lost 30% with Moldovan mile high pie. Even with Wifi on the battery is very good.

I have a request for the devs. I will be honest, internally the rom is 1000% brilliant but I really don't like the pull down notification colour. Its bright blue and generally looks a bit over the top and untidy when you have black, blue and white clashing. I don't really like the other themes you've uploaded either. Can you upload the original, stock, green noticfication bar to make this rom a 100% rather than 99%? I'm sure others would also appreciate it.

Thanks!

Im sure we can sort something out :). I'll relay the message to N4y4nrules. I'm a bit busy with the zte creasent ROMs right now.

Guest hankhandsome

Just tried RLS2 and rather happy to see WiFi is now working perfectly out of the box for me, so going to give this a go for a little while as i've wanted to try it.

The one thing i'll probably miss is the CM7 feature that allows the volume keys to control the music player - i find this insanely useful when i'm out walking as I can just reach into my pocket and flick to the next track without having to get the phone out.

(and yes, that is a hint for a feature request :))

edit: I do also need a call blocking facility with this rom as well so if anyone could recommend one - thanks :)

Edited by hankhandsome

Guest hankhandsome

ok seriously badword off now. i don't know what i've done but i'm getting multiple "the process android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly" FC's now. rebooted, cleared dalvik and wiped cache and still getting them.

VERY ANNOYED as i've just spent the last half an hour tweaking this rom for my own personal daily use.

looks like i'll have to go back to CM7 .. AGAIN ..

*edit*

i'll take that back .. a little bit. it was FC'ing while booting and seems to have calmed down now - so i'll continue to use it for now

Edited by hankhandsome

Guest hahawas

ok seriously badword off now. i don't know what i've done but i'm getting multiple "the process android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly" FC's now. rebooted, cleared dalvik and wiped cache and still getting them.

VERY ANNOYED as i've just spent the last half an hour tweaking this rom for my own personal daily use.

looks like i'll have to go back to CM7 .. AGAIN ..

*edit*

i'll take that back .. a little bit. it was FC'ing while booting and seems to have calmed down now - so i'll continue to use it for now

That is strange... Haven't had any force closes so far :s. What apps are you trying to open?

Guest damjan006

I am overclocked to 672MHz because anything more makes my phone unstable.

Min clock frequency is 122MHz.

Governor changed to SmartassV2

I/O scheduler changed to noop (no operations)

Do NOT tick "Apply on boot" unless you are super confident that your phone is stable on ur new settings. Best to wait a few days, or weeks even before ticking this box.

I get fairly good battery life on regular use, more than the average 1 day that I have had on previous ROMs I have used. I think the SmartassV2 governor is extremely efficient when idling. I lose maybe 1% every 3 hours, which is ridiculously good for me.

Have you tried Conservative? I've been using it lately and its working great.

Min clock frequency is 245Hz

Max clock frequency is 692MHz

Battery life seems ok and the performance is sensational

Guest hankhandsome

That is strange... Haven't had any force closes so far :s. What apps are you trying to open?

as i said in the post, i really don't know what i did. I've always suspected that winamp has had some compatibility issues with some roms. i wiped it, uninstalled it and when i went to the market to try and re-install it, the FC's started again ..

if i could pinpoint what i actually did to cause it then i'd be over the moon as it would mean i could try other roms more often

Guest hankhandsome

ok, rather than restoring through titanium, i'm sitting in the market and manually downloading each item

when that's done, i'll use titanium to restore the data and see what happens. i'll be VERY pissed if it still reproduces the same error

Guest hankhandsome

lovely. after the last hour and a half spent manually downloading each and every one of my apps and games, then re-installing the data for each one, making sure to reboot every now and again to make sure the dalvik cache is wiped, as well as the main cache, i've just rebooted again and i appear to have wiped away the ability for WiFi to work ..

it now turns on but doesn't scan ..

i've just reboot and re-wiped again so i'll see what happens when it comes back up but if WiFi is still gone then I really won't ever try this rom again. sorry guys, it's a great looking rom and your hard work is much appreciated but it really isn't for me - i've just wasted far too much time trying to get it working.

Guest raverrr

lovely. after the last hour and a half spent manually downloading each and every one of my apps and games, then re-installing the data for each one, making sure to reboot every now and again to make sure the dalvik cache is wiped, as well as the main cache, i've just rebooted again and i appear to have wiped away the ability for WiFi to work ..

it now turns on but doesn't scan ..

i've just reboot and re-wiped again so i'll see what happens when it comes back up but if WiFi is still gone then I really won't ever try this rom again. sorry guys, it's a great looking rom and your hard work is much appreciated but it really isn't for me - i've just wasted far too much time trying to get it working.

Shame it didn't work out for you.

Guest hankhandsome

Shame it didn't work out for you.

it is because it's a really nice rom and looks great. i like the effects, the fonts .. all of it. anyway, as it turned out, my phone came back up and the WiFi was still gone so i've just restored my clockwork image backup of burstlam's last CM7 Kang.

Guest hahawas

it is because it's a really nice rom and looks great. i like the effects, the fonts .. all of it. anyway, as it turned out, my phone came back up and the WiFi was still gone so i've just restored my clockwork image backup of burstlam's last CM7 Kang.

Maybe you were just unlucky. Shame really, its the best rom i've ever used performance wise