[ROM] <<< Fish'N'Chips RLS 3.2 >>> [GEN2]

Guest n4y4nrules

Guest hahawas

Your ROM is awful. I used it for twenty mins and It just feels cheap, good luck for RSL3.

yes it is a shame especially when the majority who have used it think its brilliant, myself included

Guest hankhandsome

well there's a turn up for the books. it works :)

and WiFi doesn't die either ..

a bit more control over the power control bar would be nice in rls3. and the volume keys advancing the music player when the screen is off as well. not that i want much after all the trouble i've had :D

Guest n4y4nrules

well there's a turn up for the books. it works :)

and WiFi doesn't die either ..

a bit more control over the power control bar would be nice in rls3. and the volume keys advancing the music player when the screen is off as well. not that i want much after all the trouble i've had :D

Great news. :D

We'll see what we can do... :)

Guest dualmp

Thank you guys (n4y4nrules and raverrr) for this wonderful ROM. So fast and smooth. For me as a GEN1 user, it is like having a new phone. Save for the half-working Alarm clock, everything is great! Thanks again!

Guest cartierv

Thanks. This is exciting. It's my first new ROM in a year, apart from half an hour transitioning over with CM Nightly to update to GEN 2. I'm coming from Jap Jellyfish ...7 I think it was which has served me well but become old. And here's some feedback:

Apart from the long-overdue app drawer overlaid on the background which is good, I can't see Nemus has anything going for it really. Compared to Launcher Pro it's slow and non-customizable.

Scrolling speed in lists seems poor in this ROM compared to JJ7, like in GO SMS Pro which can be a bit sluggish anyway, scrolling the list of contacts is not far from being unbearable now, same in the Contacts app where it was much smoother before. I have to wonder if it's something to do with this font this ROM uses ? It is specific to this ROM ? I didn't notice it in CM7? Nightly.

I had a quick go with a 2d game, 'Glow Hockey'. Now that seemed even faster and smoother than in JJ7.

So I wonder has this ROM got the hardware graphics enabled ?

The phone seems to be constantly sending and receiving data, despite me turning off Sync apps and Background sync. Any ideas ?

Also Location/GPS was on by default.

WIFI seems ok

Volume seems a bit loud at the quietest setting.

Can I ask a general question? Is 'Maps' considered a system app ? I want to restore my Map data from before, but not if it's going to mess up wifi or something else on the phone.

Cheers

Guest hankhandsome

We'll see what we can do... :)

thankyou :)

also some kind of built in call blacklist option would be very welcome, or if you can recommend one from the android market ??

Guest hahawas

I've got another request, can you somehow implement a power control widget tgat you scroll to get more options e.g brightness and auto switch from portrait to landscape

Guest raverrr

I've got another request, can you somehow implement a power control widget tgat you scroll to get more options e.g brightness and auto switch from portrait to landscape

Yep :). And we will also have a selection of different colors to suit themes.

New themes on the way to.

Guest cartierv

I think the scrolling was to do with this thing 'Swipe Pal'

It's seems pretty cool.

It's a 100% incompatible with a live background from the Market called Thunderstorm or something. Not that I'm into live backgrounds, I think they are daft nonsense, but just for a laugh I tried it. Anyway it will hang the phone when it loads.

WPA 2 wifi tether seems to not broadcast its network name properly anymore. It does for a minute or so but then stops. In any event, wifi tether doesn't seem to work properly when encrypted. I think it works without encryption. I'm using Wifi Tether from Market as a workaround which works.

Guest garethp

Excellent ROM.

Have been using it for a couple of weeks and I like it.

The only slight issue I have is that the "Settings" option is missing from the messages/sms. Without this I am not able to turn on delivery reports.

Any ideas?

Guest sssingletrack

Excellent ROM.

Have been using it for a couple of weeks and I like it.

The only slight issue I have is that the "Settings" option is missing from the messages/sms. Without this I am not able to turn on delivery reports.

Any ideas?

press the menu button on your phone, this opens the sms menu where settings are.

Has anyone else had the GPS problem? I've still not found the source.

Edited by sssingletrack

Guest raverrr

press the menu button on your phone, this opens the sms menu where settings are.

I used gps GPS alot over xmas so was a good opportunity to test. I flashed the rom again. and used both google nav and skobbler (also sat nav)

Google nav lost signal about an hour into my journey.

On the return trip skobbler did not loose signal once.

Apart from that i had no issues..... apart from almost getting lost lol

Now 'cartierv' mentions it, the volume does appear to be loud on the lowest seeing. Loving the ROM tho.

And also poweramp is quite jittery on playback of some songs, mainly wma tracks. Any thoughts?

Guest sssingletrack

I used gps GPS alot over xmas so was a good opportunity to test. I flashed the rom again. and used both google nav and skobbler (also sat nav)

Google nav lost signal about an hour into my journey.

On the return trip skobbler did not loose signal once.

Apart from that i had no issues..... apart from almost getting lost lol

Its fine when you keep the gps on, its when you turn the gps off and then back on it doesnt work again.

I will probably try a re-flash tonight.

Guest Gounadive

Hi All

Thanks for this Rom, guys, I'm loving it. Came from CM7. I have a question, this may be a simple thing. How do I activate the Swype keyboard ? I'm using RSL2 Nemus. When I try to change 'Input method' I only have Android keyboard to choose from.

Also although I have GPS on, It doesn't show in the notification bar. So I think its on, but not sure.

Thanks

Simmo

Guest Baggy Pipes

How do I activate the Swype keyboard?

Go to: Settings - Language & Keyboard and tick the keyboard you want to use. Then long press and select the keyboard in 'Input Method'.

Simples!

Guest Gounadive

Go to: Settings - Language & Keyboard and tick the keyboard you want to use. Then long press and select the keyboard in 'Input Method'.

Simples!

Thanks Baggy, but as I said I only seem to have Android keyboard there. Should it have been with the RSL2 zipfile ?

Guest Baggy Pipes

Thanks Baggy, but as I said I only seem to have Android keyboard there. Should it have been with the RSL2 zipfile ?

I don't use the Swipe Keyboard, never got on with it. I use Smart Keyboard Pro, but as far as I know its installed in this ROM.

Guest Gounadive

I don't use the Swipe Keyboard, never got on with it. I use Smart Keyboard Pro, but as far as I know its installed in this ROM.

Ok thanks, I've figured it out. I'm supposed to register on the link in page 0ne and then run the installer.

Guest raverrr

Its fine when you keep the gps on, its when you turn the gps off and then back on it doesnt work again.

I will probably try a re-flash tonight.

N4y4nrules seems to have had an issue with it aswell. i have replaced the GPS .conf file with a fixed and improved one by wbaw.

i will test it tonight if i get the time.

Guest Watashi_PT

Hello,

I think i found a bug.

When i'm trying to connect to my university network i put settings and then save, but the save don't work for "autentication phase 2". No matter what i do that specific setting wil always be "none".

And because of this i can't connect to the network...

Guest garethp

Got it now! For some reason, I seemed to be always be getting the thread menu. A reboot allowed me to get into the main settings menu.