[ROM] <<< Fish'N'Chips RLS 3.2 >>> [GEN2]

Guest n4y4nrules

Guest balwinder singh

RLS2 is simply the best rom for my zte blade

keep up the good work guys and i am waiting for RLS3

one think to ask that have u fixed the viber, skype etc call start in speaker mode

THX for the rombiggrin.gif

Guest Lord_Snake

Hello there.

I was one of the lucky ones to get the pre-RSL3, so this is my small review just after install it.

Note: I didn't tried the RSL1/2. This is the first time that I use F&C. I came from Monfro CAE.

So, the differences that I've noticed:

- Browser much quicker;

- Sound louder;

- GPS fix super fast and the most accurate that I've used;

- Gallery is slower;

- Font and the all theme is much prettier;

- The notification power widget looks strange and too blue. Need some design work.

- The notification transparency in my point of view should have a lighter blue.

- I dont like lots of apps pre-installed so in my point of view some applications should not came installed as BBC iPlayer (just work on UK), SwipePad and Ringdroid. I think that developers should just put on the first post that they recommend that, but it shouldn't came installed with the ROM.

About the battery, its too soon to say anything...

Noticed also that almost all the gapps asked me permission the my G account. Normally I just allow it once and its done. Its a bug?

Didn't know the DroidWall but its a very good app.

Still find GoLauncherEx quicker than Nemus when using more widgets.

Overral much snappier than before! Will have to test more, but I'me very happy with this new ROM!!

Thank you so much guys!!! Keep the excellent work! biggrin.gif

Guest raverrr

Hello there.

I was one of the lucky ones to get the pre-RSL3, so this is my small review just after install it.

Note: I didn't tried the RSL1/2. This is the first time that I use F&C. I came from Monfro CAE.

So, the differences that I've noticed:

- Browser much quicker;

- Sound louder;

- GPS fix super fast and the most accurate that I've used;

- Gallery is slower;

- Font and the all theme is much prettier;

- The notification power widget looks strange and too blue. Need some design work.

- The notification transparency in my point of view should have a lighter blue.

- I dont like lots of apps pre-installed so in my point of view some applications should not came installed as BBC iPlayer (just work on UK), SwipePad and Ringdroid. I think that developers should just put on the first post that they recommend that, but it shouldn't came installed with the ROM.

About the battery, its too soon to say anything...

Noticed also that almost all the gapps asked me permission the my G account. Normally I just allow it once and its done. Its a bug?

Didn't know the DroidWall but its a very good app.

Still find GoLauncherEx quicker than Nemus when using more widgets.

Overral much snappier than before! Will have to test more, but I'me very happy with this new ROM!!

Thank you so much guys!!! Keep the excellent work! biggrin.gif

The google apps should be the latest versions. i had never been asked for permissions before. they should only ask once.

I added the blue inverted glow in the power widget icons because. the previous frame was a bit messy. I agree it could be prettier.

Gps works fine for my to. N4yanrules still has an issue turning it off on his phone tho.

thanks for the feedback

Edited by raverrr

I've only been on RLS2 for just over a week but despite a few minor issues, overall quite pleased with it.

The issues I've still got is that sometimes, the text in the text editing dialogs window disappears, ie. if I copy some text from somewhere and press & hold to paste, the window that appears where you would choose between 'paste' & 'input method' is blank except for the 'Edit text' title.

Possibly related, in the few apps I've tried so far using Google maps APIs, the - + keys used to zoom out or in are not displaying properly, the - & + symbols are very dim.

The Alarm clock does not work properly for me, it plays the first very short fraction of a tone normally a few seconds long and that's it. Alarm Clock Plus★ from the market solved that one.

I will echo Lord_Snake regarding the choice of apps (why is there 2 fm radio apps on RLS3 2 by the way ?) but having said that, it's easy enough to unzip, get rid of the apps you don't want, zip it back and install... Is that something you can somehow do with TPT by the way ?

Anyway, overall my SF feels very responsive with F&C and despite those few niggles (and possibly some I haven't come across yet !), it's a keeper for me... until RLS 3 ?

Edited by BGRT

Guest romtastic

RLS2 is so good, should i really go to RLS3.. Its awesome, i've been running a standby test and so far its 4 days and its down to 53%. Thats pretty amazing by my standards. Good work guys!

Guest Gounadive

Hi Guys

Thanks for the copy of RLS3. Everything seemed ok until I tried using GPS. I use it with a golf range finder app. On first use it worked great and got a satellite fix quickly, then if I disabled gps and then turned it back on it had stopped working. The app thought it was working (it didn't ask me to turn on GPS), but it had stopped working, no yardages were being given. The only way I could get it working again was a reboot. I tried again with a different app, but the results were the same. Also when I turned on the GPS for the second time, there was no satellite icon in the notification bar, reboot sorted this too, until GPS was turned off.

I'll load it up again on Monday when I won't need Gps for a while.

Guest raverrr

Hi Guys

Thanks for the copy of RLS3. Everything seemed ok until I tried using GPS. I use it with a golf range finder app. On first use it worked great and got a satellite fix quickly, then if I disabled gps and then turned it back on it had stopped working. The app thought it was working (it didn't ask me to turn on GPS), but it had stopped working, no yardages were being given. The only way I could get it working again was a reboot. I tried again with a different app, but the results were the same. Also when I turned on the GPS for the second time, there was no satellite icon in the notification bar, reboot sorted this too, until GPS was turned off.

Gutted. i was realy hoping the fix would work. Testing is hard tho as it always works fine for me. I'm not going to waste anymore time on it. Because RLS4 will be basedon a differant ROM with no such issue.

Sorry i couldn't help you.

Guest Davidoff59

are you using power control menu widget to switch on GPS? sometimes, the sync on it can get messed up, so GPS or internet can be on but the button on power control isn't lit and vice versa.

not tested this rom but it can do it on cm7. I think what causes it is a light touch, when trying to disable it quickly.

Guest raverrr

are you using power control menu widget to switch on GPS? sometimes, the sync on it can get messed up, so GPS or internet can be on but the button on power control isn't lit and vice versa.

not tested this rom but it can do it on cm7. I think what causes it is a light touch, when trying to disable it quickly.

Ive noticed this before to. Didnt attach any importance to it tho. Now you say it....worth looking into :) thanks

Guest n4y4nrules

Sorry for my ignorance but is this Rom a TPT and will it work on an Indian 256Mb blade ??

This ROM is not a TPT.

I advise using Clockworkmod to install Fish'N'Chips.

This ROM will work on an Indian 256MB blade (you may have to change the boot animation) :)

Edited by n4y4nrules

Guest n4y4nrules

I can officially announce that:

:D Fish'N'Chips RLS3 is being released later TODAY :D

Also, I have slightly re-organised the main page making it slightly easier on the eye.

As soon as soon as myself and raverrr have uploaded and verified ALL of the RLS3 files and md5 sums we shall post the download links.

Got to wait for him to wake up first though. :P

Edited by n4y4nrules

Guest Lord_Snake

Hi Guys

Didn't noticed, but after saw this post, just tested it and I've the same bug (mine's an OSF OLED Gen1 TPTed if it matters).

Nevertheless, for me it keeps being the snappier ROM that I've had on my blade.

As I almost don't use GPS, I'll keep it cus it seems to be a totally different phone!!

Nice to know that you want to start using a new base. Why not the new sweden 2.3.5? I think that it's the most recent/bug free/optimized one...

Think that you should consider the Go Launcher Ex, cus after compare the Nemus with the Go, at start the Nemus is very quick, but then it becames laggy with a few widgets.

Allying the Go with your ROM and a little of OC I've a new phone!

Just keep the excellent work!! biggrin.gif

Edited by Lord_Snake

Guest n4y4nrules

there will be a video :) Even if i need to pin n4y4nrules down and glue the cam to his forehead lol. We where up untill 7 am last night/this mornig trying to get everything how we like it for RLS3. I Would have asked him to do it last night but he "literally" fell asleep sitting up with his blade in his hand and laptop on his lap XD.

Edited by n4y4nrules