[ROM] <<< Fish'N'Chips RLS 3.2 >>> [GEN2]

Guest n4y4nrules

Guest Gounadive

Gutted. i was realy hoping the fix would work. Testing is hard tho as it always works fine for me. I'm not going to waste anymore time on it. Because RLS4 will be basedon a differant ROM with no such issue.

Sorry i couldn't help you.

What was the fix ? Because Rsl2 is working fine for me, no problems with the GPS.

:huh:

Guest XStyhler

I had a failure when I tried to load, it was just the SD Card needing some more space, so I cleared out a load of music files and it was Ok.

SD Card is nearly empty. around 3GB of freeSpace.

LEWA OS installed without Problems. So it's got to be Fish N Chips related.

...help?

Guest D00nhamer

Using RLS3 and all seems OK. I really liked the minimalist approach of RLS2 and this version has tidied it up making it look even more professional. Good work guys.

Only small thing I miss from other ROM's is the rings lock screen option, but that is just what I've got used to using, so only a personal preference.

Hi there - really like the new rom, I always thought I'd be on CM7 but I'm surprised how much I like Fish'n'chips rolleyes.gif

I have one suggestion. The status bar looks cool but I find it unusable because it is so transparent. I can't read what is on there. I find I have to go to a blank homescreen and then pull the status bar down otherwise I can't read anything.

Is there a way we can alter the transparency or can that only be done when cooking the rom?

Thanks

Anis

Love that you have the Power Control widget installed by default. Not sure about the new look. I actually preferred the RLS2 look. The whole button lit up where as now there is a an oval/ellipse.

But what do I know, I wear pants like MC Hammer rolleyes.gif

Guest raverrr

Hi,

thanks for a great mod! Could there be a fix for the saunalahti roaming problem. I would otherwise definitely use this rom, but my phone claims to be on a constant roaming mode while using this!

Thanks in advance..

There its a fix available inn the forum somewhere

Guest raverrr

Hi there - really like the new rom, I always thought I'd be on CM7 but I'm surprised how much I like Fish'n'chips rolleyes.gif

I have one suggestion. The status bar looks cool but I find it unusable because it is so transparent. I can't read what is on there. I find I have to go to a blank homescreen and then pull the status bar down otherwise I can't read anything.

Is there a way we can alter the transparency or can that only be done when cooking the rom?

Thanks

Anis

N4y4nrules its working on a few flashable zips

For theme preferences. Keep am eye on the home page :)

Guest raverrr

What was the fix ? Because Rsl2 is working fine for me, no problems with the GPS.

:huh:

I just swapped the .conf file for a revised one. I had no issues either but others did.

Guest ManMetDeHamer

Hi,

thanks for a great mod! Could there be a fix for the saunalahti roaming problem. I would otherwise definitely use this rom, but my phone claims to be on a constant roaming mode while using this!

Thanks in advance..

I have the same issue in the netherlands, its becouse there are a lot of virtual providers who dont have thier own network but use other networks. Solution 1 is to keep datroaming on.

You could also try this fix which worked fine for me : Make a backup before using tho just to be sure.

Guest raverrr

I have the same issue in the netherlands, its becouse there are a lot of virtual providers who dont have thier own network but use other networks. Solution 1 is to keep datroaming on.

You could also try this fix which worked fine for me : Make a backup before using tho just to be sure.

Thanks :) didn't have time to look fore the link for him because I'm supposed to be working lol. Knew it was there somewhere tho :)

Guest n4y4nrules

HELP, I can't install!

I wiped everything and wanted to install. but it always aborted with an Error.

Assert failed: Write_raw_image("/tmp/boot.img","boot") Status 7

Can anyone help me on this one?

I have the latest Clockwork 5.0.2.0 installed

Did you remember to do all of the wipes before installing Fish'N'Chips?

1. Factory wipe data

2. Wipe cache

3. Wipe dalvik cache

Otherwise there may well be some residual junk left over from your last ROM install. :)

Edited by n4y4nrules

Guest sssingletrack

Its all working good my end. Battery life seems increased too. The only thing that does not work properly is the GPS. But I knew that wasn't fixed so its fine. I hardly use it anyway.

Good work lads.

Edited by sssingletrack

Guest XStyhler

Did you remember to do all of the wipes before installing Fish'N'Chips?

1. Factory wipe data

2. Wipe cache

3. Wipe dalvik cache :)

Yes, I wiped that all, and in addition under "advanced" I wiped boot, data, cache and system

All the other Roms seem to work correct. I tried LEWA and Mix 365, both installed without Problems.

Guest raverrr

Yes, I wiped that all, and in addition under "advanced" I wiped boot, data, cache and system

All the other Roms seem to work correct. I tried LEWA and Mix 365, both installed without Problems.

probably should have not wiped the other things you did. Restore from a nandroid.then try again only wiping what n4y4nrules said to.

Guest n4y4nrules

Great rom ,thanks.

I just wondering about status bar .Can transparent be 100%?

Yes.

I have made a flashable zip that does this. I'll upload it when I get home from work today. :)

Guest XStyhler

probably should have not wiped the other things you did. Restore from a nandroid.then try again only wiping what n4y4nrules said to.

Still the same Problem...

RLS2 doesn't work either.

RLS1 works...

Edited by XStyhler

Guest sakisf

In rls3 the market is not finding the apps I have restored from Titanium under "My apps". In rls1 & 2 it would do it from the first time I was firing it. Is there anything I should do? (cleared cache, dalvik, stopped/restarted market but didn't work)

Thanks for another excellent fast rom:)

Guest sssingletrack

Slightly off topic but what case is that on n4y4nrules' phone? I bought one of those hybrid cases with a rubbery inside but almost every corner has broken of within 2 Weeks and I haven't even dropped it!

Guest hahawas

try a redownload. maybe the md5 sums don't match or something is missing. Just a suggestion since I've managed to install every rom I've wanted to try

Guest n4y4nrules

Slightly off topic but what case is that on n4y4nrules' phone? I bought one of those hybrid cases with a rubbery inside but almost every corner has broken of within 2 Weeks and I haven't even dropped it!

I have tried LOTS of different cases for my Blade.

I 100% recommend the matt black gel case that you can see in the video. It fits perfectly, buttons are easy to press and line up perfectly and, most importantly, it covers up the HORRIBLE Orange logo on the back of the phone. ;)

It cost me about £2.00 including delivery and came with a screen protector and screen cloth. Bargain. :)

Edited by n4y4nrules

Guest ManMetDeHamer

I have tried LOTS of different cases for my Blade.

I 100% recommend the matt black gel case that you can see in the video. It fits perfectly, buttons are easy to press and line up perfectly and, most importantly, it covers up the HORRIBLE Orange logo on the back of the phone. ;)

It cost me about £2.00 including delivery and came with a screen protector and screen cloth. Bargain. :)

for the orange logo there is a easy fix, take a sugar cube and gently rub it over the logo, no joke

it made the logo go away on my white blade without any scratches :P

Guest precious_pony

This is my first post on these forums.

I flashed the Fish N Chips RLS 2 ROM about a week ago and I have to say, I am extremely impressed.

The running speed of the device is so quick and the animations and scrolling is so smooth compared to stock and battery life is MASSIVELY improved. To get to this point, as an Android hacking newbie, I followed a bunch of guides and updated my ZTE to GEN 2 (with 210MB system ROM - ready for ICS) and used Clockwork Mod recovery to .

Anyway - I have a couple of questions for other users of the ROM regarding possible bugs and to ask if these have been discovered by other users and if they have been addressed in the third release:

1) When I set an alarm, the alarm sounds for about 1 second then cuts off. Subsequent snooze triggered alarms are not heard at all. This has caused me to miss work on two occasions. Any body else have this problem?

2) The predictive text on the out-of-the-box keyboard doesnt seem to work. I tried twiddling with the keyboard settings but nothing seems to work. I know that swype is great, but I prefer the stock Gingerbread or ICS keyboard, but the ROM default keyboard appears broken in this regard. Anyone else have advice or a workaround?

3) When I make a call in Viber, the call is put onto the loudspeaker, rather than the earpiece. The speaker button on the app does not toggle speak to earliece as its supposed to (both speakers are functional hardware wise).

4) Text messages do not make a noise when received even though in the setting menu, I can confirm that the sounds are working and the samples present.

... well, thats it.

I really would like to upgrade to the third release but I've set up my phone so nicely now, I don't want to lose my configuration. Perhaps someone can advise me on how I can upgrade the ROM without losing my existing apps/widgets/layouts/config?

Edited by precious_pony

Guest raverrr

This is my first post on these forums.

I flashed the Fish N Chips RLS 2 ROM about a week ago and I have to say, I am extremely impressed.

The running speed of the device is so quick and the animations and scrolling is so smooth compared to stock and battery life is MASSIVELY improved. To get to this point, as an Android hacking newbie, I followed a bunch of guides and updated my ZTE to GEN 2 (with 210MB system ROM - ready for ICS) and used Clockwork Mod recovery to .

Anyway - I have a couple of questions for other users of the ROM regarding possible bugs and to ask if these have been discovered by other users and if they have been addressed in the third release:

1) When I set an alarm, the alarm sounds for about 1 second then cuts off. Subsequent snooze triggered alarms are not heard at all. This has caused me to miss work on two occasions. Any body else have this problem?

2) The predictive text on the out-of-the-box keyboard doesnt seem to work. I tried twiddling with the keyboard settings but nothing seems to work. I know that swype is great, but I prefer the stock Gingerbread or ICS keyboard, but the ROM default keyboard appears broken in this regard. Anyone else have advice or a workaround?

3) When I make a call in Viber, the call is put onto the loudspeaker, rather than the earpiece. The speaker button on the app does not toggle speak to earliece as its supposed to (both speakers are functional hardware wise).

4) Text messages do not make a noise when received even though in the setting menu, I can confirm that the sounds are working and the samples present.

... well, thats it.

I really would like to upgrade to the third release but I've set up my phone so nicely now, I don't want to lose my configuration. Perhaps someone can advise me on how I can upgrade the ROM without losing my existing apps/widgets/layouts/config?

The alarm in that version it annoying. There its a workaround which involves changing the default tone to a longer one. But much less painful just to get a different alarm.

The predictive fore the stock keyboard was deleted purposely. it can be restored from rls1. Or as above just get a better one.

Not sure about the viber issue.

The text tone can be set inn the settings.and once set problem will not reoccur.

Hope that Helped :)