[ROM] <<< Fish'N'Chips RLS 3.2 >>> [GEN2]

Guest n4y4nrules

HELP, I can't install!

I wiped everything and wanted to install. but it always aborted with an Error.

Assert failed: Write_raw_image("/tmp/boot.img","boot") Status 7

Can anyone help me on this one?

I have the latest Clockwork 5.0.2.0 installed

Try to ignore that error message and boot as usual.

Guest hahawas

This is my first post on these forums.

I flashed the Fish N Chips RLS 2 ROM about a week ago and I have to say, I am extremely impressed.

The running speed of the device is so quick and the animations and scrolling is so smooth compared to stock and battery life is MASSIVELY improved. To get to this point, as an Android hacking newbie, I followed a bunch of guides and updated my ZTE to GEN 2 (with 210MB system ROM - ready for ICS) and used Clockwork Mod recovery to .

Anyway - I have a couple of questions for other users of the ROM regarding possible bugs and to ask if these have been discovered by other users and if they have been addressed in the third release:

1) When I set an alarm, the alarm sounds for about 1 second then cuts off. Subsequent snooze triggered alarms are not heard at all. This has caused me to miss work on two occasions. Any body else have this problem?

2) The predictive text on the out-of-the-box keyboard doesnt seem to work. I tried twiddling with the keyboard settings but nothing seems to work. I know that swype is great, but I prefer the stock Gingerbread or ICS keyboard, but the ROM default keyboard appears broken in this regard. Anyone else have advice or a workaround?

3) When I make a call in Viber, the call is put onto the loudspeaker, rather than the earpiece. The speaker button on the app does not toggle speak to earliece as its supposed to (both speakers are functional hardware wise).

4) Text messages do not make a noise when received even though in the setting menu, I can confirm that the sounds are working and the samples present.

... well, thats it.

I really would like to upgrade to the third release but I've set up my phone so nicely now, I don't want to lose my configuration. Perhaps someone can advise me on how I can upgrade the ROM without losing my existing apps/widgets/layouts/config?

Not sure about 1 and 3, but i have some ideas for 2 and 4

2) They deliberately removed the stock dictionary hence why there isn't any predictive text. They uploaded it somewhere in the forum so you'd either have to download another keyboard off the market or hopefully one of the devs will give you the link and how to install it

4) Check your sound settings, By default, the notification sound is the set the same as the ringer volume so if you've set the phone on silent there's your answer. Just go to sound settings, uncheck the interfering box and put the notification sound loud enough

Guest n4y4nrules

This is my first post on these forums.

I flashed the Fish N Chips RLS 2 ROM about a week ago and I have to say, I am extremely impressed.

The running speed of the device is so quick and the animations and scrolling is so smooth compared to stock and battery life is MASSIVELY improved. To get to this point, as an Android hacking newbie, I followed a bunch of guides and updated my ZTE to GEN 2 (with 210MB system ROM - ready for ICS) and used Clockwork Mod recovery to .

Anyway - I have a couple of questions for other users of the ROM regarding possible bugs and to ask if these have been discovered by other users and if they have been addressed in the third release:

1) When I set an alarm, the alarm sounds for about 1 second then cuts off. Subsequent snooze triggered alarms are not heard at all. This has caused me to miss work on two occasions. Any body else have this problem?

2) The predictive text on the out-of-the-box keyboard doesnt seem to work. I tried twiddling with the keyboard settings but nothing seems to work. I know that swype is great, but I prefer the stock Gingerbread or ICS keyboard, but the ROM default keyboard appears broken in this regard. Anyone else have advice or a workaround?

3) When I make a call in Viber, the call is put onto the loudspeaker, rather than the earpiece. The speaker button on the app does not toggle speak to earliece as its supposed to (both speakers are functional hardware wise).

4) Text messages do not make a noise when received even though in the setting menu, I can confirm that the sounds are working and the samples present.

... well, thats it.

I really would like to upgrade to the third release but I've set up my phone so nicely now, I don't want to lose my configuration. Perhaps someone can advise me on how I can upgrade the ROM without losing my existing apps/widgets/layouts/config?

I suggest you backup all of you apps with Titanium backup and ALSO use the app called MYBACKUP root (found on the Android Market) I found it really easy to use. :)

Then ENSURE that you DO THE 3 WIPES and then install Fish'N'Chips RLS 3.

AND just to confirm to everyone:

THE ALARM PROBLEM IS FIXED IN Fish'N'Chips RLS 3 :)

Edited by n4y4nrules

Yes.

I have made a flashable zip that does this. I'll upload it when I get home from work today. :)

please upload the zip file when you can..thanks

Guest n4y4nrules

I'm on the bus coming home from work at the moment.

I'll upload it as soon as I get in.

30 minutes and it will be uploaded. :)

Guest Lord_Snake

I suggest you backup all of you apps with Titanium backup and ALSO use the app called MYBACKUP root (found on the Android Market) I found it really easy to use. :)

Then ENSURE that you DO THE 3 WIPES and then install Fish'N'Chips RLS 3.

AND just to confirm to everyone:

THE ALARM PROBLEM IS FIXED IN Fish'N'Chips RLS 3 :)

Mine also doesn't work on RLS3. I'll give try to Caynax...

Guest n4y4nrules

Mine also doesn't work on RLS3. I'll give try to Caynax...

Mine is working fine. It has worked perfectly for me over the last 4 mornings. :)

Hmm... I'll look into this.

Guest Josef Prusa

Hello Guys,

thanks for RLS3. Is there a way to revert the notification area back to its previous transparency? This 20% (i think) is way too transparent and the notification texts are hard to read. The background simply distracts too much. Otherwise - very nice work. BTW - will you be doing a Stock-launcher version, too? I usually choose the most minimalistic one because I normally install the Balancer launcher anyway.

Cheers and thanks again!

Guest n4y4nrules

Hello Guys,

thanks for RLS3. Is there a way to revert the notification area back to its previous transparency? This 20% (i think) is way too transparent and the notification texts are hard to read. The background simply distracts too much. Otherwise - very nice work. BTW - will you be doing a Stock-launcher version, too? I usually choose the most minimalistic one because I normally install the Balancer launcher anyway.

Cheers and thanks again!

I'm home now :D

@nitso and Josef Prusa

Here is a link to your suggested 100% Transparency with a slight improvement:

http://www.multiupload.com/WB0E3JAEDR

pressed 'USB connected' notification:

shot000007.jpg

shot000006.jpg

HOPE YOU LIKE IT. :)

I'm going to upload a series of interesting EXPERIMENTAL Fish'N'Chips RLS3 flashable zips over the next few days. Keep checking the FLASHABLE ZIP COLLECTION section of the original post for details. :D

**Remember people**

Myself and raverrr are open to any suggestions...

feel free to post any Fishy ideas you have for on this thread. :D

Edited by n4y4nrules

Guest precious_pony

2) They deliberately removed the stock dictionary hence why there isn't any predictive text. They uploaded it somewhere in the forum so you'd either have to download another keyboard off the market or hopefully one of the devs will give you the link and how to install it

If anyone has a link to the method of replacing the predictive text dictionary, it would be much appreciated.

Additionally, anyone know the rational behind removing it?

Guest precious_pony

I'm home now :D

@nitso and Josef Prusa

Here is a link to your suggested 100% Transparency with a slight improvement:

http://www.multiupload.com/WB0E3JAEDR

100% transparency (black background) certainly looks better. The blue background of the notification area was (personally speaking of course), the least professional looking part of the ROM (the boot logo being unquestionably superb).

The ongoing alarm problem is a slight cause for concern. I know that there are workaround apps, but it would be nice for the stock alarm to just work out of the box.

I'll try out release 3 soon and let you know if the alarm problems have gone away. I'll also try out Viber again although I suspect that it will be the same if there were no concious changes in this area.

Guest Siddhant Shah

Okay, switched to RLS 3 and quite happy with it overall. Great job guys.

But, one tiny problem :-(

The phone just doesn't vibrate at all.. I have the phone on vibrate always and have also enabled vibration to always in the messaging settings.

But it just doesn't vibrate :-(

Even vibrate on keypress is on in Swype, but to no avail..

Dunno if it matters, but I used titanium backup, but only for apps, no system data

Okay, switched to RLS 3 and quite happy with it overall. Great job guys.

But, one tiny problem :-(

The phone just doesn't vibrate at all.. I have the phone on vibrate always and have also enabled vibration to always in the messaging settings.

But it just doesn't vibrate :-(

Even vibrate on keypress is on in Swype, but to no avail..

Dunno if it matters, but I used titanium backup, but only for apps, no system data

I also have RLS3 installed, and here it's working well (I use the zeam launcher version)

@ developers:

I registered for the sole purpose of thanking you guys for a SUPERB rom! It's so smooth and minimalistic, I allready love it. Also, the default alarm function works like a charm again, so I won't sleep longer than I initially wanted - unlike the last 2 days - since I have to study in le morning wink.gif Oh, and the improvement of the battery life is EPIC! (coming from CM 7.0.2)

There is only one thing, in comparison with the RLS2 version, there is the energy settings in the scrolldown menu, these icons are graphically a disappointment in contrast with everything else, or is it just me?

Anyways, great work guys, many thanks!cool.gif

Edited by witte

Guest n4y4nrules

Glad you like Fish'N'Chips RLS3. :)

and just to confirm, was it the icons in the pull down notification bar were not to your taste? (wifi data GPS Bluetooth silent)

Glad you like Fish'N'Chips RLS3. :)

and just to confirm, was it the icons in the pull down notification bar were not to your taste? (wifi data GPS Bluetooth silent)

Yes, those are the icons I meant ^^

Guest sssingletrack

I think the blue ovals could do with the edges fading out a bit , to make them look like blue leds out something. They are too sharp at the moment. I would do it my self but I haven't a clue how to make flashable zip lol

Guest raverrr

I think the blue ovals could do with the edges fading out a bit , to make them look like blue leds out something. They are too sharp at the moment. I would do it my self but I haven't a clue how to make flashable zip lol

True. I'm responsible for that I'm afraid lol. If I get the time tonight I'll make a few little changes and post a flashable zip.

Guest hahawas

Just installed RLS 3 and its still a great rom just like RLS 2. Much prefer the new notification bar and don't have any issues on it

Everything works fine for me but I don't use alarms or gps so haven't tested them. Can't wait for more themes

Edited by hahawas

Guest cornelyus

Hi

I'm curious about this rom

I have GSF beta 26 i think.. what shoudl I do before installing fish&chips? What to clean and what to backup?

Keep up the good work..