[ROM] <<< Fish'N'Chips RLS 3.2 >>> [GEN2]

Guest n4y4nrules

Guest n4y4nrules

Hi

I'm curious about this rom

I have GSF beta 26 i think.. what shoudl I do before installing fish&chips? What to clean and what to backup?

Keep up the good work..

Firstly go to Contacts and press menu and then import/export then export to sd card

Then INSTALL Titanium Backup from the Market and use it to Backup all of your apps

After this, reboot into recovery (clockworkmod- hold power button and volume down button)

And perform these 3 wipes:

1. Wipe data/Factory reset

2. Wipe cache

3. Advanced, then wipe Dalvik cache

Edited by n4y4nrules

Guest D00nhamer

I had the GPS randomly turn on through the night and drain the battery from 84% to 15% overnight. GPS randomly came on again tonight. Not sure what causes it but the power widget doesn't switch it back off. Just have the same apps I have had on most ROM's.

Guest laserburn

Thank you for your effort guys, rls3 is a truly beautiful ROM, but it is buggy as hell and I can't use it. AlarmPro app sound is too quiet, no matter how loud I set up the alarm, that was the first thing I noticed. This was the first ROM ever that came without Gmail, when I installed it from the market, it reported that it was not set to sync automatically, although system settings say Gmail acc was set to auto sync. All hell broke lose when I tried using GPS, first it nagged my to turn wifi, then complained that it can't connect to my Google account (APN was on), while displaying the map arrow would always point in one direction and not the way I'm going, then after turning wifi off, GPS stopped working altogether. I rebooted and tried Maps again, but the phone restarted all by itself, first time it ever happened to me on the Blade.

I have done the proper wipe, so that was not the cause.

Guest n4y4nrules

Thank you for your effort guys, rls3 is a truly beautiful ROM, but it is buggy as hell and I can't use it. AlarmPro app sound is too quiet, no matter how loud I set up the alarm, that was the first thing I noticed. This was the first ROM ever that came without Gmail, when I installed it from the market, it reported that it was not set to sync automatically, although system settings say Gmail acc was set to auto sync. All hell broke lose when I tried using GPS, first it nagged my to turn wifi, then complained that it can't connect to my Google account (APN was on), while displaying the map arrow would always point in one direction and not the way I'm going, then after turning wifi off, GPS stopped working altogether. I rebooted and tried Maps again, but the phone restarted all by itself, first time it ever happened to me on the Blade.

I have to disagree with you saying that RLS 3 is 'buggy'.

I have flashed RLS 3 10 times over the last 7 days and have a very simple SOLUTION

I know what you did wrong that caused you that Gmail problem because i had it the one of the first times i when I was in a rush to install. :D

AND I can also explain why you had the Maps problem.

Give me a moment...

I'll refer you to an earlier post to fix your Maps issue because there is a special way to access Google Maps and Navigation and GPS for 1st use after install.

Edited by n4y4nrules

Guest n4y4nrules

See this post for your Maps/Navigation/GPS issue:

http://android.modac...27#entry1853427

And there are 3 wipes as opposed to 1 wipe.

Wipe Data/Factory Reset AND Cache Partition AND THEN Wipe Dalvik Cache Before installing a ROM.

NO WIPE NO WHINE :)

AND

I'm pretty sure that the reason behind your Gmail issue is: that you didn't wait and restart your phone after installing the ROM before installing Gmail from the market.

the google account service runs loads of 'sync type' processes on the initial boot. I bet that this was what was interfering with your google account. :)

To conclude, I suggest you WIPE and flash again and, if you want, I can PM you and talk you through every single step of the way seeing as I believe you have installed Fish'N'Chips RLS3 in a slightly rushed way. This is what has caused you problems. :)

Edited by n4y4nrules

thread cleaned up a little bit, please, i mean please guys, if you have issues please report it or PM mods/admins, do not hijack/troll the thread. thank you

I encountered a strange thing during this day starting at noon: the battery graph (the full screen graph with below the bars indicating phone signal, screen on, etc) doesn't seem to update as time passes by (I mean the time below the x-axis of the graph and the graph itself). It only get's updated when I reboot my phone.

This is in contrast with the basic information on battery info (elapsed time on battery) which does get updated.

In the top notification bar the energy level looks to stay on a fixed level till I reboot too.

Anyways, I'll check tomorrow wether this bug is coincidence/faulty installing by me through reflashing RLS3.wink.gif

Edited by witte

Guest D00nhamer

have you tried manually turning it on and off?

Yes that doesn't work. But I'm going for a clean install again, something must have screwed up.

Just done the 3 wipes and installing now.

Cheers

Guest laserburn

To conclude, I suggest you WIPE and flash again and, if you want, I can PM you and talk you through every single step of the way seeing as I believe you have installed Fish'N'Chips RLS3 in a slightly rushed way. This is what has caused you problems. :)

Well, it's good to see there are workarounds for many problems that were bugging me. Thank you very much for your effort, but I think I will give Moldovan ROM a try for now, which doesn't mean I won't keep following your work, as I feel you have a promising thing going there. And BTW, I did properly wipe, I'm among those people who actually read the manual.

Guest raverrr

Well, it's good to see there are workarounds for many problems that were bugging me. Thank you very much for your effort, but I think I will give Moldovan ROM a try for now, which doesn't mean I won't keep following your work, as I feel you have a promising thing going there. And BTW, I did properly wipe, I'm among those people who actually read the manual.

Moldovan is a great rom. Hope you enjoy it :)

Guest garethp

I encountered a strange thing during this day starting at noon: the battery graph (the full screen graph with below the bars indicating phone signal, screen on, etc) doesn't seem to update as time passes by (I mean the time below the x-axis of the graph and the graph itself). It only get's updated when I reboot my phone.

This is in contrast with the basic information on battery info (elapsed time on battery) which does get updated.

In the top notification bar the energy level looks to stay on a fixed level till I reboot too.

Anyways, I'll check tomorrow wether this bug is coincidence/faulty installing by me through reflashing RLS3.wink.gif

I'm wondering if I have some battery level issues too at the moment.

Interesting to see how you get on.

Guest D00nhamer

OK GPS seems to be OK now after a re-install. However both times I have installed this ROM and logged in with my google account, google sync has not reinstated my wifi keys and the market doesn't show my apps, only installed apps. Normally I get a list of the apps I have previously downloaded. But I had them backed up so not a problem, just odd that google sync isn't working.

Guest Watashi_PT

The Wirelles in my university still doesn't work.

And today i'm sure it's a problem with the cellphone (rom) because a friend of mine could connect with an HTC Touch HD that only supports b/g mode.

So the problem it isn't that!!

I would like to know if someone else with FISH N CHIPS puts all the configuration but then the "autentification phase 2" doens't save. I put pap and save, but then when i'm going to see it it's "none".

So i think the problem is with this rom...

Guest SLFBLADE

See this post for your Maps/Navigation/GPS issue:

http://android.modac...27#entry1853427

And there are 3 wipes as opposed to 1 wipe.

Wipe Data/Factory Reset AND Cache Partition AND THEN Wipe Dalvik Cache Before installing a ROM.

NO WIPE NO WHINE :)

AND

I'm pretty sure that the reason behind your Gmail issue is: that you didn't wait and restart your phone after installing the ROM before installing Gmail from the market.

the google account service runs loads of 'sync type' processes on the initial boot. I bet that this was what was interfering with your google account. :)

rolleyes.gif i always wipe battery stats...just wondered if its necessary?

Mart

biggrin.gif

Guest laserburn

OK GPS seems to be OK now after a re-install. However both times I have installed this ROM and logged in with my google account, google sync has not reinstated my wifi keys and the market doesn't show my apps, only installed apps. Normally I get a list of the apps I have previously downloaded. But I had them backed up so not a problem, just odd that google sync isn't working.

Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications and delete cache of Android Market. After that your installed applications will appear in the list. Bugged me too yesterday.

Guest D00nhamer

Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications and delete cache of Android Market. After that your installed applications will appear in the list. Bugged me too yesterday.

Tried that thanks but it's the actual google sync that seems to be screwed. It hasn't remembered any of my wiki keys or the apps that I "own" ie the apps I downloaded previously but haven't yet installed on this ROM.

I'm logged into my normal gmail account and the sync options were all ticked. Contacts from gmail are all there.

I'm wondering if I have some battery level issues too at the moment.

Interesting to see how you get on.

I now have fully reinstalled RLS3 (zeam launcher version) and will report my findings tomorrow or so. My findings based on the last 15 minutes indicate that the battery issue is no more, the battery level indicated in the top notification bar is now slowly decreasing as I maximize screen brightness (which yesterday didn't at all) laugh.gif

Also the wifi connection still works very smoothly here.

Guest n4y4nrules

Tried that thanks but it's the actual google sync that seems to be screwed. It hasn't remembered any of my wiki keys or the apps that I "own" ie the apps I downloaded previously but haven't yet installed on this ROM.

I'm logged into my normal gmail account and the sync options were all ticked. Contacts from gmail are all there.

I NEVER backup OR restore my wifi keys using google. It's much simpler and way more reliable to use Titanium Backup. I 100% recommend it. It's under 'wireless access points' in the titanium list.

Also I NEVER never backup Or restore my contacts using google servers. I use Mybackup root. It's SO easy and quick.

Even easier to use the export contacts function to a vcf file on your memory card. :)

Edited by n4y4nrules

Guest D00nhamer

I had the GPS randomly kick in again this morning. It may have coincided with a an open wifi detected notification so I disabled that.

If I switch GPS off in the power bar the icon stays on, but if I start up Maps it warns that GPS is off. Tried stopping every running service but the only way to get rid of the icon is to reboot.

Guest idleness

Hey guys this rom is great! Its so nippy and light feeling. However i do have an issue with RLS3. When i plug in the usb cable. The option for "USB debugging connected" is the only one that comes up. The option for being able to use the USB storage to connect to my laptop isnt avaliable however it has shown up in previous ROM's. Is anyone able to tell me how i can re-enable this option so i can upload files to my phone thanks for all your work on this rom! Great piece of kit! :)

Nevermind the drivers on my laptop uninstalled for some reason

Edited by idleness

I now have fully reinstalled RLS3 (zeam launcher version) and will report my findings tomorrow or so. My findings based on the last 15 minutes indicate that the battery issue is no more, the battery level indicated in the top notification bar is now slowly decreasing as I maximize screen brightness (which yesterday didn't at all) laugh.gif

Also the wifi connection still works very smoothly here.

There was no battery issue relating to the ROM at all, just a faulty installation by me it seems rolleyes.gif. Looking forward to future releases of this superb ROM (if there are any planned) cool.gif

By the way, will this ROM be able for other devices than the Galaxy S mini and ZTE Blade?

Edited by witte