[ROM] <<< Fish'N'Chips RLS 3.2 >>> [GEN2]

Guest n4y4nrules

Guest cartierv

Sorry still on R2,

In r2 Zero Conf/Bonjour packets seem to be broken. I was told that 2.3 Roms supported Zero Conf, but apparently not it turns out ??

Guest raverrr

Sorry still on R2,

In r2 Zero Conf/Bonjour packets seem to be broken. I was told that 2.3 Roms supported Zero Conf, but apparently not it turns out ??

Just had a quick look around and multi-cast DNS doesnt seem to be supported in gingerbread. There may be a filter in the wireless driver restricting anything non-unicast network or broadcast traffic. I dont really know anything about multicast. Sorry I couldnt help and good luck.

Guest veqlargh

Great rom, really lovely indeed. But I have a couple (or more) questions, if you don't mind?

- stock browser works only on WIFI. When I am on 3g it does not work. Any thought on this? I tries also the swedish show and it's fine there. Tried to copy its browser to this rom but no luck

- how do I turn off the damn sound when pressing numbers on dialer :D Just can't figure out where to do that. Android keyboard settings do not apply.

That's all there is to it :D

Can't wait for what you come up with next.

Thanks.

Guest raverrr

Great rom, really lovely indeed. But I have a couple (or more) questions, if you don't mind?

- stock browser works only on WIFI. When I am on 3g it does not work. Any thought on this? I tries also the swedish show and it's fine there. Tried to copy its browser to this rom but no luck

- how do I turn off the damn sound when pressing numbers on dialer :D Just can't figure out where to do that. Android keyboard settings do not apply.

That's all there is to it :D

Can't wait for what you come up with next.

Thanks.

-Have you rebooted since installing the Rom?

-Have you checked all the APN settings?

And the tones probably can be silenced...Might not be Straight forward tho. They arent in the user interface sounds or in Phone.apk... I dont know.

worth having a look tho :) never realised how anoying those sounds where untill just now haha

Guest veqlargh

Hey.

Yes, rebooted and made sure that everything that can be wiped was wiped :D No worries though as dolphon browser works wonders.

About dialer/phone, could I just replace an apk in the system/app folder with different one (one that does allow silencing the beeps :D)? Would that be phone.apk?

Might just give it a try anyhow, what could possibly go wrong, haha.

Really, excellent work.

Guest raverrr

Hey.

Yes, rebooted and made sure that everything that can be wiped was wiped :D No worries though as dolphon browser works wonders.

About dialer/phone, could I just replace an apk in the system/app folder with different one (one that does allow silencing the beeps :D)? Would that be phone.apk?

Might just give it a try anyhow, what could possibly go wrong, haha.

Really, excellent work.

Give it a go :) cant hurt if you have a recent backup :) My poor blade has been flashed atleast once a day since i started to play with roms lol

And yes dolphin is the way forward :)

Guest KindredPhantom

Really liking this Rom, it convinced me to switch over to gen2 from Sweedish Spring. There is one little thing that annoys me with this Rom. When I am on the phone it will turn the screen off, so when I want to end the phone call I have to press to get the screen back and then press to hangup, it would be nice if the screen stayed on whilst you are on the phone.

Guest raverrr

Really liking this Rom, it convinced me to switch over to gen2 from Sweedish Spring. There is one little thing that annoys me with this Rom. When I am on the phone it will turn the screen off, so when I want to end the phone call I have to press to get the screen back and then press to hangup, it would be nice if the screen stayed on whilst you are on the phone.

go to the dialer and type *983*0# then scroll down to "sensor" and calibrate the proximity sensor

Guest mankulito2

is it possible to port "Peoples" contacts application from Ice cream sandwich to this rom? it looks awesome, but cm9 is still a crap for daily use.

Guest raverrr

is it possible to port "Peoples" contacts application from Ice cream sandwich to this rom? it looks awesome, but cm9 is still a crap for daily use.

There may be something similar already for gingerbread. But porting it would be pretty hard seeing that it's for an API level of 14.what exactly is it?

Guest raverrr

Is there any chance we can get the new undervolted kernel for fish and chips?

No, we don't see that it's worth it. Undervolting can have pretty dramatic effects on stability. and its only the lower frequencies that are undervolted. So if you want to overclock which many people do it's pretty pointless.

Guest ManMetDeHamer

No, we don't see that it's worth it. Undervolting can have pretty dramatic effects on stability. and its only the lower frequencies that are undervolted. So if you want to overclock which many people do it's pretty pointless.

Its not pointless, if you have the phone in your pocket it clocks back to those lower voltages and is using less battery and if your using it it will clock back up so its kinda a win/win situation..

Guest raverrr

Its not pointless, if you have the phone in your pocket it clocks back to those lower voltages and is using less battery and if your using it it will clock back up so its kinda a win/win situation..

If the battery life is extended on average more than say 10 , 15 percent. Then I'll give it a go. What difference have you noticed?

Guest camille1462

Hi

I seem to have something odd: my phone doesn't seem to sleep.

When the screen turns off, I can always turn it on by pressing menu.

I seem to have a big battery drain, don't know if this could be causing it.

Guest raverrr

Hi

I seem to have something odd: my phone doesn't seem to sleep.

When the screen turns off, I can always turn it on by pressing menu.

I seem to have a big battery drain, don't know if this could be causing it.

Yes this is more than likely what is causing it. Ive been experiancing the same thing. its a simple fix. I must have forgotten to do it again last time i cooked from fresh. More theme revisions comming today. and will fix this to :)

Guest KindredPhantom

go to the dialer and type *983*0# then scroll down to "sensor" and calibrate the proximity sensor

Thanks. I have done this, not tried it yet.

Fish and chips online kitchen is almost ready for testing.any apps you guys would like to see in the optional apps section?

Titanium Backup please - then we can install our own apps once the rom is installed.

Thanks

Guest raverrr

Titanium Backup please - then we can install our own apps once the rom is installed.

Thanks

titanium dooesnt like being preinstalled. it can sometimes be buggy. but will do

Guest ManMetDeHamer
If the battery life is extended on average more than say 10 , 15 percent. Then I'll give it a go. What difference have you noticed?
Well i cant say how much percent improvement it brings, but in my oppinion any improvement is worth it! Als it does not bring stability issues at all. I been using that kernel since release and no isuse at all! Edited by ManMetDeHamer