[ROM] <<< Fish'N'Chips RLS 3.2 >>> [GEN2]

Guest n4y4nrules

Guest mankulito2

cannot install this. i allways had errors when installing FnC, but roms are working. this is not. after error (7 or something like that) trying reboot all, but all stays on green android image.

Guest n4y4nrules

Good Job guys - this ROM is getting better & better !!!

P.S - Loving the BBC3 'Table Dancing Diaries' soundtrack in the background :D

Our apologies for the background noise. It was late, and we didn't want to provoke the wrath of the womenfolk in the house at the time by disrupting their TV viewing. :P

Guest mankulito2

You must be using a non UK blade. All you have to do is remove the boot animation out of the ROM zip and it will run fine. :)

if i extract any zip, change something and zip it again with winrar, they never worked.

Guest n4y4nrules

if i extract any zip, change something and zip it again with winrar, they never worked.

You DON'T have to extract the Fish'N'Chips ROM zip in Winrar. You just have to open it (double click on it) then navigate to and delete bootanimation.zip and then exit the archive.

No direct extracting or zipping (compression) is required when using Winrar. :)

Guest hahawas

Our apologies for the background noise. It was late, and we didn't want to provoke the wrath of the womenfolk in the house at the time by disrupting their TV viewing. :P

It was a bit distracting especially when you hear the subjects they were talking about, and with nothing happening on the video :P

Are you working on another RLS3 tweak, or RLS 4 now?

Guest n4y4nrules

yeah, it's working now! Thank u.

Your welcome mate.

Happy to help. :D

Feel free to post any more comments or suggestions for future releases below.

Myself and raverrr welcome any fresh ideas for future releases of Fish'N'Chips.

IDEAS??? :)

Guest mankulito2

My ideas:

- u can change font to Roboto (did it allready),

- change nofrills to set cpu with profiles: like when screen is off, max: 320, when screen is on: max 710, min: 122. It saves battery a lot.

What else?

I use contapps as contacts app and go sms. I really like Android Mate app, it helps to remove apps i don't need from stock browsers. in this case, i don't use carhome. I use adw launcher with ics wallpaper and ics icons, looks awesome with this rom and Roboto font :)

Guest D00nhamer

Your welcome mate.

Happy to help. :D

Feel free to post any more comments or suggestions for future releases below.

Myself and raverrr welcome any fresh ideas for future releases of Fish'N'Chips.

IDEAS??? :)

Rings lock screen

Screenprint in power button menu

Roboto font

Guest Max-Power

If anyone has a link to the method of replacing the predictive text dictionary, it would be much appreciated.

Additionally, anyone know the rational behind removing it?

Just installed 3.2 this morning, all cool (thank you!!!), but I would like to know the same as the above. Even if it's a separate download, that'd be great! :)

Guest sumdumguy

Hi, very nice rom. B)

Installed it last night and it cured my wifi-stall problem I was having with the cm7 based roms where 'Touch(formerly pingchat)' wouldn't recieve messages while using wifi in sleep mode half the time.

I have noticed there's no calander sync, has my install errored or is it nothing to worry about ?

thx.

Guest camille1462

calendar sync working like a charm for me.

Are you using something like System Tuner to prevent apps to load at startup?

Different subject: I'm reading about "Undervoltage" on the other ROM threads. Are you (developers) intending to make F&S useable with the latest kernels including undervoltage?

I'm just curious... ;)

Edited by camille1462

Guest slackereconomy

I've been enjoying the roms, really nice work thank you. Just one thing i noticed about the latest release is Tor doesn't work on 3.2. Reverted to last version which was rock solid for me anyway but just a little curious about what's happened to stop tor working on this version?

Guest B9Anders

Firstly, which version of Fish'N'Chips RLS3.2 did you install? Nemus, launcher pro or zeam?

I think you have done something wrong during the installation process. Myself and raverrr have NEVER had your 'no market' issue and we have installed all of the RLS3.2 at least 5 times each. Did you make sure you did all of the wipes before installing? :)

I use the launcherpro version. I followed This for wiping. Surely there is no need to do a full system wipe for a 3.0->3.2 upgrade?I realise there is a no wipe no whine policy, but for missing one system app, I reckon there ought to be  a simpler solution than having to wipe everything and lose all my settings again.

Edited by B9Anders

Guest sumdumguy

I use the launcherpro version. I followed This for wiping. Surely there is no need to do a full system wipe for a 3.0->3.2 upgrade?I realise there is a no wipe no whine policy, but for missing one system app, I reckon there ought to be a simpler solution than having to wipe everything and lose all my settings again.

create an account in 'accounts and sync' , market should then show up

Guest n4y4nrules

I use the launcherpro version. I followed This for wiping. Surely there is no need to do a full system wipe for a 3.0->3.2 upgrade?I realise there is a no wipe no whine policy, but for missing one system app, I reckon there ought to be  a simpler solution than having to wipe everything and lose all my settings again.

I'd still recommend wiping. I like safe methods. :)

Guest sumdumguy

I think i just have a bad install, I seem to have no normal wallpapers as well as no calendar sync. Live wallpapers are there though.

Also is there a way to get the dictionary for the keyboard easily ?

I still think this is a very nice rom, everything works really well.

Edited by sumdumguy

Guest squee666

Have you tried importing the Sony Bravia engine yet? Turns out it was some libfiles for post processing. Its been ported to SGS2,SG and the LG 2x

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1394305

This one includes X-Loud Ported

http://www.androidauthority.com/nexus-s-how-to-enable-bravia-reality-engine-44252/

And this also shows GPS getting patched to include improved locktimes.

http://knowmydroid.com/blog/agps-patch-improves-samsung-galaxy-s2-htc-sensation-other-handsets-gps-performance

Guest raverrr

Have you tried importing the Sony Bravia engine yet? Turns out it was some libfiles for post processing. Its been ported to SGS2,SG and the LG 2x

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1394305

This one includes X-Loud Ported

http://www.androidau...y-engine-44252/

And this also shows GPS getting patched to include improved locktimes.

http://knowmydroid.c...gps-performance

Bravia engine added (need to test)

GPS patch added (need to test)

great find. thanks :)

will report findings shortly