[ROM] <<< Fish'N'Chips RLS 3.2 >>> [GEN2]

Guest n4y4nrules

Guest squee666

Bravia seems to be doing nothing for the picture quality. Or film quality.

Will test GPS next time i need to drive somewhere.

Yea i bought a zte blade off gumtree which i wont recieve until wednesday lol. Got my mate to put fishnchips on it cause got it cross country :P

Been browising actively among xda and here for any updates or mods for similar hardware and came accross it on in LGs section.

Bravia engine may not be fully noticeable have you tried similar images used in the examplers for better contrasts?.

Maybe its more noticable in an oled screen.

Guest Martenz-89

Hello,

I want to ask n4y4nrules and raverrr, if would be possible to create a better theme style of power control widgets with neon blue light illumination under it in notification bar, like a sami_22 ICS (http://android.modac...inger-negaraku/) or sonalibag [Meizu theme] (http://android.modac...ighmountainpie/) theme style?

The current theme style, used in the F&Ch is too small and quite unsightly, to my taste, but fully black style of notification bar in RLS3.2 is awesome.

Otherwise, F&Ch RLS3.2 (with Nemus launcher) is absolutely great ROM and I use it every day! ;)

Thanks a lot.

Edited by Martenz-89

Guest raverrr

Yea i bought a zte blade off gumtree which i wont recieve until wednesday lol. Got my mate to put fishnchips on it cause got it cross country :P

Been browising actively among xda and here for any updates or mods for similar hardware and came accross it on in LGs section.

Bravia engine may not be fully noticeable have you tried similar images used in the examplers for better contrasts?.

Maybe its more noticable in an oled screen.

The xda forum is a great place to look for tweaks your right :)

and i hope you enjoy your blade :)

Guest raverrr

What are you preparing for next release?

well we were going to change the base of the ROM to the Swedish 2.3.5 stock ROM as suggested by konstaT. But then he Changed from the moldovan Rom to the Swedish one. And he has done a very good job of it. So we will just wait for maybe a stable ICS or at least for something new to appear. Not sure yet. Meanwhile we will focus on tweaking the current ROM and. And the ZTE crescent.

Guest hahawas

so whats the main differences between FishnChips and Swed.

I mean other than launcher options here. what about tcp buffer optimizations.

Fish n Chips is faster and has a better battery life. Using SSpring and prefer F'N'C

If i could change the theme, your rom would be perfect...

It's my opinion, but the contrast of the colours are very agressive...

I'm waiting for new rom, with new themes...

Thanks for your work

Guest hahawas

If i could change the theme, your rom would be perfect...

It's my opinion, but the contrast of the colours are very agressive...

I'm waiting for new rom, with new themes...

Thanks for your work

Completely agree, the theme is questionable and the rom would be perfect with a more stock theme

Guest sumdumguy

Fish n Chips is faster and has a better battery life. Using SSpring and prefer F'N'C

In what way is it faster, does it get a higher quadrant score? and shouldn't swedish snow get better battery life because of undervolting ?

I was thinking of using FNC kernel on the Swedish Snow rom, would that work? Because I get proximity issues with Swedish Snow, but i guess it makes more sense just to flash FNC back... both roms seem great to me.

As for looks , there's million launchers and themes out there, makes no difference to me; tend to go for launcherMX or Spp-3d-shell

Edited by sumdumguy

Guest hahawas

In what way is it faster, does it get a higher quadrant score? and shouldn't swedish snow get better battery life because of undervolting ?

I was thinking of using FNC kernel on the Swedish Snow rom, would that work? Because I get proximity issues with Swedish Snow, but i guess it makes more sense just to flash FNC back... both roms seem great to me.

As for looks , there's million launchers and themes out there, makes no difference to me; tend to go for launcherMX or Spp-3d-shell

I haven't done any benchmarks or tests, just from user experience. Launcher loads faster from widget locker, apps load faster, scrolling is smoother etc.

Guest KindredPhantom

I am having issues with bluetooth, every time I attempt to use it to send a file the bluetooth crashes with "The application Bluetooth Share (process.com.andriod.bluetooth) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.". I have tried rolling back to version 2 of fish & chips but it still occurs, I never had a problem sending files over bluetooth before, but the last version I tried it on was 3.0.

Edit:: So I can receive files but it seems I cannot send them.

Edited by KindredPhantom

Guest raverrr

I am having issues with bluetooth, every time I attempt to use it to send a file the bluetooth crashes with "The application Bluetooth Share (process.com.andriod.bluetooth) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.". I have tried rolling back to version 2 of fish & chips but it still occurs, I never had a problem sending files over bluetooth before, but the last version I tried it on was 3.0.

Edit:: So I can receive files but it seems I cannot send them.

This bug has been around for a while in this ROM. There is an app on the android market that fixes this .(tested)

Here you go:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.phk.bluetoothfixrepair&hl=en

Guest totomorris

Hi

Is ther a step by step tut on how to install this on my San fFran. I currently have Swedish springs. How do I make sure I don't loose my contacts list etc?

Guest hankhandsome

Hi

Is ther a step by step tut on how to install this on my San fFran. I currently have Swedish springs. How do I make sure I don't loose my contacts list etc?

Did you get someone else to install Swedish Springs ? Do you not get the concept of backing things up ?

Because if you're that unsure, i'd steer well clear of trying to install another rom.

On another note, is there still no chance the Volume + and - keys will be used to advance the music playing as in CM ? That's the one thing that's stopping me from using this rom.

Guest ManMetDeHamer

Im wondering did someone manage to compile an undervolt kernel for this rom yet?

I been using Swedish snow for a few weeks now, and the battery life is awesome with the undervolt kernel, but i rly like the overall style of Fish n Chips.

Guest hahawas

Hey devs, I want to make a formal recommedation for the ROM. Its a visual change rather than internal change and I think people would appreciate more. I've been used RLS2 AND 3 and now 3.2 of this ROM a=and its brilliant but whats held it back is the notifcation area. I can hardly see the writing on the notifications on either 100% black or transparent. So I recommend changing it to white instead so people don't encounter this problem, Here are the results

post-824532-0-89965300-1328570782_thumb.

post-824532-0-12764100-1328570773_thumb.

As you can see I can read the notifications now whereas the black used to clash with the black notification area