[ROM] <<< Fish'N'Chips RLS 3.2 >>> [GEN2]

Guest n4y4nrules

Guest raverrr

thanks for the new version.

I just install new custom battery and Custom Notification Bar and the bar is missing...:unsure:

oops, may have put the wrong link. one moment....

Guest n4y4nrules

oops, may have put the wrong link. one moment....

hmmm... i'll have to edit that link out for now. Raverrr will sort it, and I will have it back up ASAP. For now just flash them separately.

Edited by n4y4nrules

Guest rgarrick

Just installed RLS2 & I'm impressed :)

Safe to say this is easily the best & most stable ROM I've used on my Blade & Nemus Launcher is amazingly smooth compared to Launcher Pro etc.

Ony one small niggle.... most of my apps don't update properly & have to uninstall them then install them again from the Market, is there a way round this?

Guest raverrr

Just installed RLS2 & I'm impressed :)

Safe to say this is easily the best & most stable ROM I've used on my Blade & Nemus Launcher is amazingly smooth compared to Launcher Pro etc.

Ony one small niggle.... most of my apps don't update properly & have to uninstall them then install them again from the Market, is there a way round this?

apps restored from titanium? or apps included in the rom?

Question: After flashing rom from CWM (with factory reset, clean cache and dalvic), how long does it normally takes for the first boot to finish? Mine has been showing fish and chip logo for four minutes, then the screen becomes brighter... then after another four minutes the screen goes blank like doing standby/sleep. Pressing power wakes up the screen to the same logo.

The same thing happen to me with RLS1 as I report here.

I am using ZTE Blade China version with 256MB RAM. Does it matter? Could some kind soul please tell me what did I do wrong?

Edit: after a while, I pull the battery and let it start again. This time it successfully goes to android os. I don't know what happen, I am just glad that it finally installed. Time to make CWM backup...

Edited by tictoc

Guest raverrr

Question: After flashing rom from CWM (with factory reset, clean cache and dalvic), how long does it normally takes for the first boot to finish? Mine has been showing fish and chip logo for four minutes, then the screen becomes brighter... then after another four minutes the screen goes blank like doing standby/sleep. Pressing power wakes up the screen to the same logo.

The same thing happen to me with RLS1 as I report here.

I am using ZTE Blade China version with 256MB RAM. Does it matter? Could some kind soul please tell me what did I do wrong?

ahh... this rom is for gen 2 european blades. if i'm honnest i havent looked into the china version. any particular reason you havn't unlocked the RAM?

Restore from a nandroid. then open titanium backup and post the size of your partitions if you are not sure what "GEN" your blade is.

Guest n4y4nrules

Just flahed rls2 and once again its awesome, but i cant update googke maps and gmail.

Had the same issue on rls1 tho. Any idea on howto fix this

SOLUTION:

Simply Uninstall the offending apps and install them again using Market.

SORTED :)

Also, I'll have a closer look at this to see if i can find the source of this issue. I know it's related to app signing. Shouldn't be too hard for us to remedy.

Edited by n4y4nrules

Guest raverrr

Just flahed rls2 and once again its awesome, but i cant update googke maps and gmail.

Had the same issue on rls1 tho. Any idea on howto fix this

edit: looks like nayan beat me to it lol

Edited by raverrr

ahh... this rom is for gen 2 european blades. if i'm honnest i havent looked into the china version. any particular reason you havn't unlocked the RAM?

Restore from a nandroid. then open titanium backup and post the size of your partitions if you are not sure what "GEN" your blade is.

Sadly, chinese version only has 256 MB of RAM and attempt to unlock extra RAM will brick it.

It turns out that RLS2 install OK on my blade. It just that it takes eight minutes every reboot. It reminds me of my blackberry :D

From titanium backup, it shows System ROM 230 MB (120 MB free) and Internal 170 MB (160 MB free).

Is there any way to make boot faster for us poor Chinese blade owner?

Btw, excellent work on the ROM!

Guest lazyliam

this is nothing to do with your rom but no one else seems to wznt to advise LED notifactions will not work for me on any 2.3.4 rom and your rom seems great but im just missing LED to much coming from 2.3.5 any advice would be much much appreciated

Guest raverrr

Sadly, chinese version only has 256 MB of RAM and attempt to unlock extra RAM will brick it.

It turns out that RLS2 install OK on my blade. It just that it takes eight minutes every reboot. It reminds me of my blackberry :D

From titanium backup, it shows System ROM 230 MB (120 MB free) and Internal 170 MB (160 MB free).

Is there any way to make boot faster for us poor Chinese blade owner?

Btw, excellent work on the ROM!

the first boot allways takes long. twice as long for you sadly. due to the amount of ram. from now on it will boot much faster. (on first boot everything is installed)

Guest raverrr

this is nothing to do with your rom but no one else seems to wznt to advise LED notifactions will not work for me on any 2.3.4 rom and your rom seems great but im just missing LED to much coming from 2.3.5 any advice would be much much appreciated

If it doesnt work on any rom. i would imagine its a hardware issue. (dead LED). Just out of curiosity, when did the problem occur?