[ROM] : de-branded ROM for Alcatel one touch 990 [froyo]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest trelawney

A couple of force-closes:

Settings > Display > Brightness

and

Settings > Sound > Volume

Great ROM over-all :) Can't wait for further development.

Seasons Greetings.

Edited by trelawney

Guest Sebastian404

Hi guys,

Thanks for the feedback,

Im aware of the volume/birghtness issue, I'll look into in the new year.

As to Facebook, you need to ask Facebook to support your device, the application only supports some devices, the 'hack' to get around that is to edit the build.prop but then you loose acccess to the correct Android Market.

As to the front facing Camera.. erm, my Alcatel P990 has not got one.. are you sure yours has?

Guest rdrgrtz

Hi Sebastian and merry xmas! I can confirm the brightness/sound bug, but my Facebook works fine as far as I can tell. I do have a battery bug, since it won't charge past 95%. About the front facing camera, I can confirm that bug too...what I'm confused about is when you say your P990 doesn't have one...isn't P990 an LG Optimus device? I thought this ROM was for Alcatel OT-990? I have a OT-990A.

Anyways, love this ROM and thanks for the work. Happy new year!

Guest rdrgrtz

Actually it's a front facing camera AND a light sensor; it was working on my branded OT-990A before I flashed it with this ROM. I'm also having trouble getting a GPS fix, if anyone else can confirm.

Guest nahj_kurama

EDITED!

Hello! Happy New Year!

There's an interesting bug with the bluetooth.. I can't seem to send files without at 3rd party file transfer program? Is this just an issue with mine? How about you guys?

As for the front-camera, yes it's there! Here's a local reviewer with the proof! (obviously I can't post with mine coz its missing now. LOL)

http://www.thetechno...-ot-990-review/

He's got sample vids from the Main and Front cameras, direct links:

Main:

Front:

Anyways thanks for the effort with everything! Hope the camera gets priority! LOL

Cheers everyone! :D

As to the front facing Camera.. erm, my Alcatel P990 has not got one.. are you sure yours has?

Edited by nahj_kurama

Guest rdrgrtz

Ok, so just to sum up my bugs:

Can't set brightness via the Settings->Display option.

Can't add Facebook to Accounts.

Battery won't charge past 95%.

Can't get a GPS fix.

Front camera not working.

Can't move files to other folders in the File Manager.

Facebook app is VERY unstable and force closes most times.

Other than that, everything else seems ok. I can't confirm the Bluetooth bug, since I haven't tested. I do have to say that I'm really pleased with the battery duration of this phone.

Model: Alcatel One Touch 990A

Vendor: Claro Dominican Republic

Guest rdrgrtz

All the reviews I'm seeing about 2.3.4 are really bad, so I'll stick with Froyo and hopefully Sebastian can fix bugs or wait until a de-branded Gingerbread.

Guest Sebastian404

if you have updated your device, can you look in the update directory (I think its in the root of your C drive, there should be a download or downloaded folder?

are there any files in there, and how large are they ?

Guest rdrgrtz

I haven't...anyone else? I tried the Alcatel Updater the first time I flashed with the de-branded ROM, but all it did was reinstall the branded ROM. Now I don't even want to try it with the new Gingerbread update.

Edited by rdrgrtz

Guest Sebastian404

Ive had a look at my device and while there is something on the front of it, I'm 100% convinced that is a camera, however here is a fix that will replace the camera app with a one that lets you select a front facing camera...

r1_de-branded_ot990-fix-signed.zip

on my device it just shows me a black screen.

you will need to use reboot into clockwork mod recovery and install it over your existing rom.

please give it a go and report back.

Guest runtime@madaco

if you have updated your device, can you look in the update directory (I think its in the root of your C drive, there should be a download or downloaded folder?

are there any files in there, and how large are they ?

there is folder \One Touch Upgrade Q 1.8.3\downloaded\ and during update it had 9709 files(636 Mb) , 64 kilobytes each. then all of them was deleted after update, but there is enough time to copy it if needed.

Edited by runtime@madaco

Guest rdrgrtz

Hi Sebastian, is that the only fix in that build? I can live without a front facing camera...

Did you get your device working again? I thought you bricked it with 2.3.4...

Cheers.

Guest Sebastian404

Hi Sebastian, is that the only fix in that build? I can live without a front facing camera...

Did you get your device working again? I thought you bricked it with 2.3.4...

Cheers.

yes thats all the fix is for to (hopefully) replace the camera app

I managed with a bit of dicking about to get the thing into fastboot mode and from there got clockworkmod on it, and then restored the O2 firmware.

Oddly now when I try the 1 touch update, it just says I have the most recent version.. I wonder what its checking for...

Guest rdrgrtz

So I guess you got your device back...great! Any word on fixing the other bugs in the de-branded froyo ROM? Or are you gonna go for a de-branded gingerbread?

Cheers.