[25-12] TripNiCE S008B - IceCream Sandwich 4.0.1 | BETA 008

Guest TripNRaVeR

The discussion thread was made to keep this topic clean. Not just for the discussion of new releases. People are asking for ETAs here and getting on Trip's head. You need to understand that this thread should be kept only for Development purposes, not about 'ICS Sense', 'Camera? What about camera?', 'Just release it already'. Trip will be keeping an eye on both the discussion and this (Development thread), I don't mean to be rude or anything, I just want to help Trip keep everything clean and sober. Thanks and I'm sorry.

Agreed. What's so hard to understand this? Anyway, back on topic.

Edited by s4te7k

Guest camielkb

Let's hope there's a mod around to end all the flaming an bitching. There is a ICS around from HTC.. But it contains Sense. AOSP is a different kind of rom, other kernels and stuff. I think Trip is doing realy great. Let the guy develop ans we will see what will be the best option!

Guest down4life

People...calm down... Wayyyy offtopic... We all now why we are here.? Like first ics on our phones? Please no more arguing... We all wait, some people have patience, some people dont, but if we fight each other, we wont get much and this thread is useless,right. Back on line, discus about things that work, or bugs, and help Trip or ourselves. Asking to release? Well its no good if he make a release because a new ringtone:) so wait until he complete what he needs to complete. Dont look at ss at tease, rather than update what has been acomplished. Cmonn people, we can be good :)

Guest cichlidiot

What the heck has been happening here?! Moanin' and bitchin'?!! Some of us haven't got time for this.

Ok, this same alpha rom is what i've been running with the past 3 days and it's good stuff.

I tried some of that sense ICS ... one didn't boot up after the long wait (tried 3x) and the InsertCoin ICS didn't feel right (to me, that is!).

I'm waiting for more of the clean ICS.

Trip, I'm donating just now. Keep up the good work.

Peace.

Guest Lucas Childers

Guys, what happened? Apparently Trip has some trouble with XDA, but hes with Modaco now. Why does everyone hate him? The first 130 pages of this were people with outstanding responses, "keep it going!" and stuff like that. Is everyone getting mad because he isn't releasing it? He doesn't have to do this at all.

I don't know if everyone is going to waste time and hate on me too, but I personally love what Trip is doing, you guys are being dick's to him, what do you think he is going to do? Hold of a release, that's what he is going to do.

What I am trying to say is, can we stop wasting time, go to the discussion thread if you want to waste time. I know there will be, but I really wish I didn't see a post here unless it's Trip posting or someone listing bugs with a valid report. I know Ill be flagged as a "ROBOCOP" but who cares?

Please guys, don't let this thread come crashing down,

Lucas

Edited by Lucas Childers

Guest j2kquest

My two pence opinion for what its worth.

I can deal with the "teasing" from trip because I know he will deliver when he's good and ready.

Not bashing the cm team , but they are the biggest teases with their YouTube videos and Twitter pictures claiming this and that works but then no alpha release for months.

Trip owes us nothing and does this for free. He gave us a relatively bug free miui Rom and gave us our first bootable ics Rom and people still treat him as a villain. No wonder he gets hacked off every now and then.

Maybe he should be like cyanogen and make his first rule of tripNice Rom 1:you never ask for ETA's and plaster it oal over his roms.:ph34r:

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio

Edited by j2kquest

I'm not sure if its an AOSP rom if he doesn't release the source. I don't care if he does and I really prefere his rom over the sense roms, its much more smooth even without HWA. You do a great job !

And the tidy up begins, guys if you have nothing nice to say them please do not say anything.

Posts flames and fighting will be removed.

Please hire any mod who will be constantly moderate this topic.

I'm tired of reading peoples with menstruation here.

(Delete this also, if necessary. I know I'm OT)

Edited by Piplos

Guest awarner

Please hire any mod who will be constantly moderate this topic.

I'm tired of reading peoples with menstruation here.

(Delete this also, if necessary. I know I'm OT)

Hire? we don't get paid to mod, (would be nice lol) just like everyone else here we are just trying to be part of a community and keeping a community spirit and not a school playground for fighting.

Guest Arz Bhatia

Hire? we don't get paid to mod, (would be nice lol) just like everyone else here we are just trying to be part of a community and keeping a community spirit and not a school playground for fighting.

Mr.Awarner, could you please check your PM? Thank you..

Most of the guys here seems like they don't like to read.

In the screenshot Trip showed you can clearly see that he doesnt have any 3g data connection, and he said it already! So...

Why you the badword ask him to release if it's just a downgrade in features? and even while he's trying to recover something that was working for making it a real update, you're asking for things like camera! and ofc the non-stop. "Release it now"

Let him be guys, he's doing it for us, you're not helping at all with such that attitude.

Guest ajonesma

There's a severe difference between adding an emotional tag to a post or a release and straight out flaming him for "extended periods of development".

Basically, you're b*tching about the fact that Trip teases us? and has a emotional undertone in his installation? To me it only shows that he's not going to release extremely unstable roms which don't function properly. Also, he clearly still has an emotional attachment to a girl, that simply shows he's a human. When is the last time you had a girl you cared about walk out of your life? That hurts, it really does. By adding that bit of flavour text to a rom it just shows that he cared and still cares a lot about that girl. If you don't like that text showing up, just don't watch your phone and wait until its done flashing. Sheesh.

Also, in comment to the iCS love. I've tried out the RcMix, ARHD and IC ICS roms today, superwiping beforehand and installing the exact same applications on all roms. Here's a funny thing. There's still a very noticable lag in both the UI and browsing, something Trip has solved quite a while ago.

Unless you can provide me with a lagless AOSP-like rom which does anything better than Trips, I advise you to either stop trolling this topic and go build your own rom, or stay quiet and appreciate the many hours Trip has put into and will continue to put in to this rom.

I myself am not able to build roms, so I'm dependant on devs like Trip to build them for me. I learned to accept that, and have no issues with that whatsoever. Whatever time he needs to get the next release out to us, he earned it in my opinion. Hell, I even hope he takes some time off between builds just to enjoy life instead of cramming in front of his PC and building simply because we would like to see a new alpha.

/endrant

Yes, those sense based roms for the sensation are very laggy in my opinion. I've tried RCMix and ARHD and there were two problems one was the lag the second was it had sense, which makes it look nothing like sense :(

Guest fatherswatch

wtf my Sensation just rebooted out of nowhere and now all my accounts are gone and can't add new?!

always when I want to add a account, I press on add then add Google account and it just goes straight to wireless connection?!

can't use my phone now cause all my contacts are gone and stuff and I can't add my account right back

gonna go flash it again, sad it was working so good the last weeks :(

Guest Dragon_Droid

There's a severe difference between adding an emotional tag to a post or a release and straight out flaming him for "extended periods of development".

Basically, you're b*tching about the fact that Trip teases us? and has a emotional undertone in his installation? To me it only shows that he's not going to release extremely unstable roms which don't function properly. Also, he clearly still has an emotional attachment to a girl, that simply shows he's a human. When is the last time you had a girl you cared about walk out of your life? That hurts, it really does. By adding that bit of flavour text to a rom it just shows that he cared and still cares a lot about that girl. If you don't like that text showing up, just don't watch your phone and wait until its done flashing. Sheesh.

Also, in comment to the iCS love. I've tried out the RcMix, ARHD and IC ICS roms today, superwiping beforehand and installing the exact same applications on all roms. Here's a funny thing. There's still a very noticable lag in both the UI and browsing, something Trip has solved quite a while ago.

Unless you can provide me with a lagless AOSP-like rom which does anything better than Trips, I advise you to either stop trolling this topic and go build your own rom, or stay quiet and appreciate the many hours Trip has put into and will continue to put in to this rom.

I myself am not able to build roms, so I'm dependant on devs like Trip to build them for me. I learned to accept that, and have no issues with that whatsoever. Whatever time he needs to get the next release out to us, he earned it in my opinion. Hell, I even hope he takes some time off between builds just to enjoy life instead of cramming in front of his PC and building simply because we would like to see a new alpha.

/endrant

Not trolling..But even YOU see what I mean. I could see if Trip was 16..but this is a GROWN @$$ man DUDE..Not a kid. I'm not talking about his build quality or ANYTHING. Just that he seems a little serial killer-like to me. He didn't solve ANYTHING. He is kanging CM repositories. That's what I am ATTEMPTING to tell YOU. He waits until they build-bot and ports it. That's why he can't fix the stuff he has because he is NOT working from his OWN source.

Also, I am standing up for you guys he treats like peasants. Maybe you're too blinded by whatever to see that. I just would like to see him DO HIM and NOT disrespect people for being inquisitive. He knows what he signed up for by becoming a dev in an open-sourced community. People and noobs alike (lol) are going to ask questions and NOT read the whole thread. Why throw temper tantrums like a 5yr old and be mean to all the people who are donating to you and rooting for you to win? It's asinine.

Maybe now that i've fully explained myself in a positive manner you will understand what I mean.

Guest dvandit

I wonder if the USB-fail also means charging-fails?

HE SAID USB, IT PROBABLY MEANS THAT WHEN U CONNECT IT TO PC IT DOESN'T SHOW UP THE HARD DRIVE, OR ANYTHING...

WHO CARES WE CAN DO IT WITH MULTI USB OR EVEN TRUE RECOVERY

I AM SO EXITED TO HAVE IN CALL VOICE FIXED AND FULL HW WORKING

EVERYTHING ELSE WILL BE FIXED IN MATTER OF TIME

P.S. I THINK TRIP IS THE BEST DEVELOPER THERE IS !