[25-12] TripNiCE S008B - IceCream Sandwich 4.0.1 | BETA 008

Guest TripNRaVeR

I really miss the days when smartphones were only available to the geeks and technical folk, now they've become main stream, the quality of some people on these forums has really descended to the depths of hell :(

Remember, the devs are doing this in their spare time and it's only out the goodness of their hearts that we get to see what they produce and use it.

Bring back the old SPV, never had this kind of rubbish going on back then :)

Guest Vexation

I support u 100% Trip, aint never a hater but i am unpatiently waiting for this big update haha:p keep up the good work and good luck bro

It will be indeed big, pretty much all the annoyances are fixed in this build. Amazing work if you ask me.

His latest tweet said that USB mounting is fixed with some minor issues.

I'm seriously seeing this as my xmas present if he's able to drop it before Sunday.

Guest Jiggs82

It will be indeed big, pretty much all the annoyances are fixed in this build. Amazing work if you ask me.

His latest tweet said that USB mounting is fixed with some minor issues.

I'm seriously seeing this as my xmas present if he's able to drop it before Sunday.

Yesss!!! I read that as well hopefully it is indeed a good close to stable release. All i would like right now is call volume fixed, gradient backgrounds and camera working and i'll be good to go lol

due to flaming and personal attack, Dragon_Droid's posting ability has been disabled until further notice. anyone who has quoted his offensive posts, please delete the quotes, thanks.

Guest nikolait

What the hell is wrong with you guys? Trip is awesome, if you don't appreciate his work then ignore it. Are you that desperate for attention that you have to insult a man with a dying dog? You're terrible people.

Guest MartijnGP

due to flaming and personal attack, Dragon_Droid's posting ability has been disabled until further notice. anyone who has quoted his offensive posts, please delete the quotes, thanks.

Thank you. Wouldn't it be better to trash the last 5-10 pages of this thread? It's nothing but complaints and rants that will help nobody.

Trip, you shouldn't bother. In the end you're on the internet and unfortunately, there isn't an age limit on here. Personally, I'd like to stay neutral in this, as bashing as well as obeying you like a god like some people do is useless. Yet, I think you're going a great job with the ICS build :) The only reason I'm not using it right now is that I really need a working camera. Just take your time to fix it, it's probably better to have the base elements of the kernel functioning right before you start work on additional features like the camera and bluetooth to avoid legacy bugs biting you in the ass later on. Ga zo door :)

Edited by MartijnGP

Guest BummAround

His tweet like minutes ago:

"due to the use of the old "usb gadget" in the kernel i needed fix it using an ugly workarround lolz but i dont really care cause it works" ;)

Guest TripNRaVeR

This is the current update for the "working" list:

- Audio (100%)

- DSP Manager (100%)

- USB mass storage (100%)

- USB debugging (100%)

- HWA (100%)

- Kernel backport (70%)

for better handling of HWA, ION or Genlock need to be implemented better or use 3.0.8 kernel (then only the GPU drivers need to be rewrited) in my old 3.0.4 kernel i just used the old GPU/USB drivers with a simple workarround so thats no option

camera can maybe be fixed by trowing in all the htc libs but thats to ugly lolz but that also requieres kernel fixes and thats a hell of a job when you need to read binaries to get some info

- Bluetooth (0%)

seriously dont ask i'm freaking out on this

Good got rid of the trouble makers we dont need em anyway thanks for the update on the build looking forward to it Merry Christmas and thanks for all you have done

Guest BummAround

so gonna release it with this progress or gonna wait till bugs are sorted out?

Seriously hoping TRIP will release after some bugs are sorted out, for one, at least UNTIL bluetooth is working. B)

Edited by BummAround

Guest master.peterm

Seriously hoping TRIP will release after some bugs are sorted out, for one, at least bluetooth is working. B)

i didn't know people still used bluetooth... alright :)

Guest Lucas Childers

Seriously hoping TRIP will release after some bugs are sorted out, for one, at least bluetooth is working. B)

BT isn't working..

Trip: "- Bluetooth (0%) seriously dont ask i'm freaking out on this"

Guest billyvnilly

I know right?

People use bluetooth headsets, bluetooth motorcycle helmet setups, bluetooth for the car. I'm not one of the above, but i think a niche set of people use BT.

//One of my favorite jokes is about blue tooth. The next time you see a guy with a bluetooth headset, walk up to him and say, "So I heard Motorola was tagging douchebags and releasing them back into the wild, I just didn't know it was true"