[25-12] TripNiCE S008B - IceCream Sandwich 4.0.1 | BETA 008

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest manelriells

Trip, you rock! Wist niet dat er Nederlandse devs waren in de Android scène.. Thumbs up!

Albert Hejin,Hema,Xenos,Febo,De Apotheke,Grey Area.... I'm from Catalonia and a big fan of Holland,I have been in quite every big city of the country,my favourite is Eindhoven.

The weed,knibeling,snacks,shops,people.marken,etc are the best in the world for me

Nothing to be with this theme and Rom but I just want to say it,salute

Edited by manelriells

Guest willumpie82

Hi TripNice!

Thanks for all your effort!

I just flashed 003A, seems smooth so far, I'm realy curious what your 004A or maby 001B will bring!

the rom is not a daly driver yet, but actualy I don't want to go back to GB :P

With 003A i got:

- a hangup when clicked browser

- a softreboot followd by the request for a restard when unlocking the simcard.

- a reboot when just being idle ( as far as i can see ) (2)

I'm going to hookup ADB to see whats hapening in the background.

I notices that when the phone crashed a some logcat messages where thrown like

"/system/lib/egl/libGLESv2_adreno200.so" the Sensation uses a Adreno 220 right?

I'm going trough the logcat,...

that's what i like about Android, the funny logcat messages like: I/DEBUG ( 130): debuggerd committing suicide to free the zombie!

Edited by willumpie82

Guest manelriells

@TripNRaVeR, je hebt geweldig werk verricht, maaaaar, het is nu half 12, tijd om op te staan en de nieuwe versie te uploaden tongue.giflaugh.gif

I'm spanish and I understand secon line but not first,trying to learn dutch,can you translate this? Je hebt geweldig werk verricht,maar?

het is nu half 12,tijd om op te staan en de nieuwe versie te uploaden:

here it is half past eleven,I'm going to stay here until new version is uploaded?

Catalonia and holland have and special feeling,lots of dutch love the brave coast and lots of catalonian love dutch weed and culture and grow in our land your powerful seeds,and when I say lots I mean lots¡¡ thanks

I'm spanish and I understand secon line but not first,trying to learn dutch,can you translate this? Je hebt geweldig werk verricht,maar?

het is nu half 12,tijd om op te staan en de nieuwe versie te uploaden:

here it is half past eleven,I'm going to stay here until new version is uploaded?

Catalonia and holland have and special feeling,lots of dutch love the brave coast and lots of catalonian love dutch weed and culture and grow in our land your powerful seeds,and when I say lots I mean lots¡¡ thanks

Translation:

"you did a great job.

Now it is half past eleven, time to get up and upload the new version."

Let him sleep - it's well deserved

Guest manelriells

Translation:

"you did a great job.

Now it is half past eleven, time to get up and upload the new version."

Let him sleep - it's well deserved

Thanks man¡¡¡

If you don't mind for the offtopic and the annoy for you,could you tell me a web to see dutch tv channels online please?

Typing this as I smoke some kind of wonderful dutch plant,and this is not the thing I admire more from your country,I love your mobility (bikes),culture,respect for the other one,your beatiful flowers everywhere,stores,your food,liberty but also good police and security,etc,etc if you had our mountains,beaches and weather you would be the best in the world but you're the best for me also, I wish i could live in your country,salute

tested 003A last night and i found it slower than 001...even with 2D acceleration enabled.

for some reason 001 was smoother in menus and didn't crash / reboot at all.

003A on the other hand had plenty of reboots (random, sometimes just when idling or opening an email) but no FCs.

the good thing is that 3G data is working....

at some point i was so tired i passed out for like 5-6 seconds and i called someone by mistake at 3:30 AM :D

damn screen is too sensitive :P

Edited by 0ice

Guest zero2006xl

tested 003A last night and i found it slower than 001...even with 2D acceleration enabled.

for some reason 001 was smoother in menus and didn't crash / reboot at all.

003A on the other hand had plenty of reboots (random, sometimes just when idling or opening an email) but no FCs.

the good thing is that 3G data is working....

at some point i was so tired i passed out for like 5-6 seconds and i called someone by mistake at 3:30 AM :D

damn screen is too sensitive :P

ICS sensitivity is very very incredible. It reminds me the IOS smoothness.

Guest HendrikJansen

Thanks man¡¡¡

but also good police and security

Haha you're joking? Our police have one priority: writing fines for driving over speedlimit etc on "highways", not to catch real criminals and people that terrorising our streets with violence.

On topic now:

Rom is making great staps forward every release, hope to see Alpha 4 soon without reboots.

Thanks man¡¡¡

If you don't mind for the offtopic and the annoy for you,could you tell me a web to see dutch tv channels online please?

Typing this as I smoke some kind of wonderful dutch plant,and this is not the thing I admire more from your country,I love your mobility (bikes),culture,respect for the other one,your beatiful flowers everywhere,stores,your food,liberty but also good police and security,etc,etc if you had our mountains,beaches and weather you would be the best in the world but you're the best for me also, I wish i could live in your country,salute

I am not dutch, though I am from Friesland

Guest rajackar

Sorry guys, but this dutchy is going on topic ;)

Just installed this and a lot more is working. A big thanks to the dev for that. Looks like the hangs have been replaced by soft reboots. Although this is a lot less annoying it's not yet ready for daily use, just as the dev announced ;)

I did manage to install whatsapp as an apk (haven't received any messages though) and got my mail and contacts syncing.

It's good to see so much progress over so little time though. Keep up the good work and looking forward to the next release.

And don't forget to enjoy the weekend a bit ;)

Edited by rajackar

Hey there,

I managed to do a phonecall that lasted around 1,5 hours with the rom, no freezes no crashes inbetween.

as soon i go play around a bit, start the browser or just swiping trough the app drawer things get weird and the rom reboots after short amount of time when i use it really quick.

If i start the app drawer, and let it load around 20 sec before starting an app gmail for example, the phone does not freeze nor reboot.

im no expert, but could it be that the kernel or whatever handles requests just cant catch up and needs some time to breathe and process the action completely before it can manage handling another ?

noob question:

how do you manage to get the .zip on the sd card to flash it ?

when i want to flash i have to dl the file, plugin my desire, copy the zip on the sd, swap sd card from desire to sensation, start recovery, flash

there must be a way to do this without the swapping, my computer does not recognize my sensation as file storage when its plugged in via datacable, im glad to hear about suggestions that spare me the extra mile i have to go doing the swapping :D

Awesome work with the ROM i fell in love with that ICS release of your´s Trip and look forward for the next, more fixed up versions to come :D

hats off !

Guest petar.bgd

noob question:

how do you manage to get the .zip on the sd card to flash it ?

when i want to flash i have to dl the file, plugin my desire, copy the zip on the sd, swap sd card from desire to sensation, start recovery, flash

there must be a way to do this without the swapping, my computer does not recognize my sensation as file storage when its plugged in via datacable, im glad to hear about suggestions that spare me the extra mile i have to go doing the swapping :D

Mount your SD card(storage) in Recovery