[25-12] TripNiCE S008B - IceCream Sandwich 4.0.1 | BETA 008

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest sethnkc

As for the incall volume being so low. I downloaded Volume Control+ from the market. It helped some. Just thought i would share this.

Just want to say thanks to Trip for his awsome work!!!

Guest Kevin0011111

Addicted lol dry.gif

Mirror:

http://www.mediafire...r8rmmrsf615jhd6

hmz the OP has only 13 +1... it would be nice if you give a +1 if you like the rom :unsure:

so no matter what everytime i flash a new update im going to lose all my data and have to start over all customizations again? because if so i may just sit back and wait for a beta or something

Guest ronaldramsayii

Can i still flash gapps ics over the rom?

Flash the addon Trip posted a few pages back....like 2 pages or so i think. If you want to do the other one "GAPPS5" you can, but don't report back if you have any issues....

Guest tentoace

I can't uninstall it :(

use root explorer :) if you don't want to buy it, there are other ways of getting around finding the app. Illegitimate ways. Google it :P

Edited by tentoace

Guest ronaldramsayii

I can't update Google Maps with this release :(

It says that the package file was not signed correctly.

I get the same issue as well.....

You can't uninstall it because it's a system application. You'll need an app like Root Explorer to delete it.

But even when I did that process and tried to do a fresh install it wouldn't let me.....Not sure why, it gave me some weird error with "-8" on the end of it. Any ideas?

Guest Alphawolf36

I get the same issue as well.....

You can't uninstall it because it's a system application. You'll need an app like Root Explorer to delete it.

But even when I did that process and tried to do a fresh install it wouldn't let me.....Not sure why, it gave me some weird error with "-8" on the end of it. Any ideas?

Did you mount the system folder first?

Guest Dragon_Droid

I really wish Noobs would stop with the talk of Bluetooth and maps..It's not a daily driver and still an alpha. He KNOWS what doesn't work..You are cluttering this thread with useless posts...Please I do not mean to offend you for asking because no question is a dumb question but I suggest you read the thread as most of your questions have been answered a million times. Just please pause before you write as he walrady posted things about Gapps but you won;t flip 2 pages back to even read.

To Trip: Update the OP and maybe they'll stop with the clutter that pisses you off brother, Congrats and flashing ROM now. Blessings.

Guest ronaldramsayii
I really wish Noobs would stop with the talk of Bluetooth and maps..It's not a daily driver and still an alpha. He KNOWS what doesn't work..You are cluttering this thread with useless posts...Please I do not mean to offend you for asking because no question is a dumb question but I suggest you read the thread as most of your questions have been answered a million times. Just please pause before you write as he walrady posted things about Gapps but you won;t flip 2 pages back to even read.

To Trip: Update the OP and maybe they'll stop with the clutter that pisses you off brother, Congrats and flashing ROM now. Blessings.

I feel what you're saying but...

Maps does work. Its just not updating for some reason. That's not an issue for Trip to handle. There is people like me in this thread who want to help others to lighten the load for Trip.

But then again the GAPPS thing is getting a bit old though lol.

Guest ronaldramsayii
How come we cant send or receive pics?

Not sure. But it is an Alpha build. Its better to report what's not working IF it hasn't been reported already.

Guest ronaldramsayii
is there usb host mode joypad support and 1080p mhl output

No, no, nope, and nah....oh and no. Lol. Its an Alpha build!!! Lol In time it'll come. If you need all three... simple.....go back to Sense and come back when you see "Stable" lol.

Guest edude03

Hey Trip I haven't dug too deeply into it yet so sorry if this turns out to be clutter however have you noticed that code aurora has a msm8660 3.0 kernel branch? It seems to be enough to build the kernel

however I can't find any of the binary blobs for the 3.0 kernel so I don't know if it's actually usable.

If you check it out let me know (please and thanks)

Guest ronaldramsayii
Trip, this might be a stupid question, but why theres no kinetic scrolling?

Is it related to HW?

Its related to Hardware Acceleration. Once that's fully implemented it'll be super super smooth.

Guest TripNRaVeR

Update!

V/GalleryActionBar( 1183): showClusterMenu: [email="runner=com.android.gallery3d.app.AlbumSetPage@41359978"]runner=com.android.gallery3d.app.AlbumSetPage@41359978[/email]

I/WindowManager( 234): createSurface Window{41614908 com.android.gallery3d/com.android.gallery3d.app.Gallery paused=false}: DRAW NOW PENDING

I/WindowManager( 234): createSurface Window{41622450 SurfaceView paused=false}: DRAW NOW PENDING

D/libEGL ( 1183): loaded /system/lib/egl/libGLES_android.so

D/libEGL ( 1183): loaded /system/lib/egl/libEGL_adreno200.so

D/libEGL ( 1183): loaded /system/lib/egl/libGLESv1_CM_adreno200.so

D/libEGL ( 1183): loaded /system/lib/egl/libGLESv2_adreno200.so

I/GalleryEGLConfigChooser( 1183): Config chosen: R5 G6 B5 A0 D24 S8 ID3 CAVEAT12344
[/code] [b]Edit: [/b]The infamous swapbuffer error is decently killed:
[code]
E/Adreno200-EGLSUB( 1183): GetSurfaceSize() Unable to dequeue native buffer

E/Adreno200-EGLSUB( 1183): GetBackBuffer() Unable to dequeue native buffer

Thats the TOTAL amount of buffer errors!!! Live wallpapers are working inmediatly

Edit 2:

Its soooo smooth allready

More to come

Edited by TripNRaVeR

Guest Dragon_Droid

is there usb host mode joypad support and 1080p mhl output

Bro..It's an ALPHA...Stop worrying about the wrong stuff...No offense...We're still getting camera and stuff working barely and you are talking about joypads and stuff..So your answer is NO. Not yellling so please don't be offended. I'm just trying to help lead you as to how we do things with Alphas. Meaning we are ONLY working on the core features of usability. Flashing Radios and anyting like that is not recommended. Don't use it for that just yet. let''s get it rolling first bro.

Guest ronaldramsayii

Bro..It's an ALPHA...Stop worrying about the wrong stuff...No offense...We're still getting camera and stuff working barely and you are talking about joypads and stuff..So your answer is NO. Not yellling so please don't be offended. I'm just trying to help lead you as to how we do things with Alphas. Meaning we are ONLY working on the core features of usability. Flashing Radios and anyting like that is not recommended. Don't use it for that just yet. let''s get it rolling first bro.

+1

Guest ronaldramsayii

Update!

V/GalleryActionBar( 1183): showClusterMenu: [email="runner=com.android.gallery3d.app.AlbumSetPage@41359978"]runner=com.android.gallery3d.app.AlbumSetPage@41359978[/email]

I/WindowManager(  234): createSurface Window{41614908 com.android.gallery3d/com.android.gallery3d.app.Gallery paused=false}: DRAW NOW PENDING

I/WindowManager(  234): createSurface Window{41622450 SurfaceView paused=false}: DRAW NOW PENDING

D/libEGL  ( 1183): loaded /system/lib/egl/libGLES_android.so

D/libEGL  ( 1183): loaded /system/lib/egl/libEGL_adreno200.so

D/libEGL  ( 1183): loaded /system/lib/egl/libGLESv1_CM_adreno200.so

D/libEGL  ( 1183): loaded /system/lib/egl/libGLESv2_adreno200.so

I/GalleryEGLConfigChooser( 1183): Config chosen: R5 G6 B5 A0 D24 S8 ID3 CAVEAT12344 

Edit: The infamous swapbuffer error is decently killed:

E/Adreno200-EGLSUB( 1183): GetBackBuffer() Unable to dequeue native buffer

Thats the TOTAL amount of buffer errors!!! Live wallpapers are working inmediatly

Edit 2:

Its soooo smooth allready

More to come

Ok so I wanna be extremely excited and happy because Live Wallpapers is working, but uhhhh Trip I'm still learning, what else does all this mean if you don't mind asking lol?