[25-12] TripNiCE S008B - IceCream Sandwich 4.0.1 | BETA 008

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest TripNRaVeR

Correct - if you drop a widget into that last screen you'll see it more pronounced as the boundaries of the widget too become 'step-like', whereas they are smooth on my GN/NS.

Can you make a screenshot?

Guest fr0zenblood75

Trip if you go to the phone app you can see it in the dialer. Compare that to settings by looking at it at a completely straight angle and you will se the difference. The dialer has the blueish gradient at the bottom and the settings is completely black

Guest TripNRaVeR

Trip if you go to the phone app you can see it in the dialer. Compare that to settings by looking at it at a completely straight angle and you will se the difference. The dialer has the blueish gradient at the bottom and the settings is completely black

Thanks that is easy to compare B)

Guest ronaldramsayii

I get this error when I try to update maps or even if I uninstall and try to reinstall

I was getting the same thing. I just moved the original Maps.apk back into the folder using Root Explorer

I was getting the same thing. I just moved the original Maps.apk back into the folder using Root Explorer

Maybe I am doing something wrong. I set permissions and I get the same error in market or if I install manually I get this

post-913991-132366525839_thumb.png

Guest ronaldramsayii

Maybe I am doing something wrong. I set permissions and I get the same error in market or if I install manually I get this

I have no idea.....every other app works and updates in the market if necessary.... what makes GMaps so different, not sure....

Guest Gazza10

I think that as this is a system app it must be pushed via adb or copied to the system/app directory using root explorer and set permissions

Guest Arz Bhatia

Root explorer > System/app/Maps.apk <- Delete

Root explorer > (Maps.apk location, the one you downloaded, copy it) > Paste into System/app

Reboot Phone

Install the download Maps.apk

Maybe it could work.

Guest TripNRaVeR

Last status:

Hw acceleration enabled, it boots WITHOUT A SINGLE ERROR in logcat, but the screens stays black lolz :lol:

How do i now hw accel works?

- when i remove hwcomposer file the phone boots as normal :unsure:

Guest Arz Bhatia

Last status:

Hw acceleration enabled, it boots WITHOUT A SINGLE ERROR in logcat, but the screens stays black lolz :lol:

- when i remove hwcomposer file the phone boots as normal :unsure:

Amazing news!

I'll try and work on the gradient to stop some babies from crying :lol:

Thanks Trip

Edit : oh I thought by saying the screen stays black, you meant there's no gradient.

Edited by Arz Bhatia

Guest ronaldramsayii
Last status:

Hw acceleration enabled, it boots WITHOUT A SINGLE ERROR in logcat, but the screens stays black lolz

- when i remove hwcomposer file the phone boots as normal

Hopefully there's a way to fix it.

I get the same issue as well.....

You can't uninstall it because it's a system application. You'll need an app like Root Explorer to delete it.

But even when I did that process and tried to do a fresh install it wouldn't let me.....Not sure why, it gave me some weird error with "-8" on the end of it. Any ideas?

Same problem too. I didn't find any solution yet.

Root explorer > System/app/Maps.apk <- Delete

Root explorer > (Maps.apk location, the one you downloaded, copy it) > Paste into System/app

Reboot Phone

Install the download Maps.apk

Maybe it could work.

Nope, it doesn't.

When I do that, I have error -8 when trying to install it.