[25-12] TripNiCE S008B - IceCream Sandwich 4.0.1 | BETA 008

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest Dullert

strict mode disabled but red line still present

when you enter superuser it gives an error something with low space

I just opened Superuser. It does not give an error message on my phone. I do still have (sometimes) the red lines on the edges of the screen. I dont know if it is a significant difference but i have the feeling my telephone gets hotter now (S0075A --> S0076A) when installing apps than before (not totally convinced on it though).. Besides that its running smooth :)!

Guest rajackar

Had a couple of crashes while setting up all my apps and e-mail but now it seems to be quite stable.

No more red lines after disabling strict mode and reboot.

I agree that the system seems to be a bit smoother.

Nice job Trip!

Guest panzival

Other than Google Music working, everything seems to be working fine. It's a lot smoother and I haven't had a single reboot yet. All the old places where I used to get reboots are now gone. Very nice release Trip!

Guest inzanic

This new update is just awesome!

A lot of improvement compared with the 7.5 thinking of smoothness.

It flows as a dream when I'm scrolling. Maybe, it's the regular android-famous lag, tho - but that's nothing that annoys me. So, I can't wait for the HWACC! :D

Donations will be sent to you, the upcoming days!

Thanks, Trip.

Guest TripNRaVeR

Does anyone know what exactly needs to be done in the kernel for ICS i cant find any documentation. I have the hw accel. in the kernel but it doesnt help it.

Guest rajackar

Can't really help you there mate.

I can only give you a status update as a user.

I managed to start both Cordy and Modern Combat 2 but both caused a reboot after a few seconds of 3d rendering.

If you're interested I can get a logcat for you. But I'm guessing you're already ahead on that.

Guest vikorth

I'm still unable to update to Google Maps 6.0.1 with Alpha 76.

Dude, it there something wrong with your higher center called cerebrum that you keep talking about this map again and again. Do you fail to see there are other things to talk about that would mean so much more to everyone including you. I hate to curse or condemn people posting nonsense but you are something. Even if maps are so critical for you you should refrain from beating the same issue again and again.

Guest vorBeth
Fixed Hardware Video Decoder

I'm not calling you out and saying you are wrong, but did you actually fix it, or is it just including the bravia engine that fixed it for you?

I'd be more than will to help you, (no I don't want to make my own release) buy I would need access to source (Sensation repo's are missing for the Sensation, both for CM7 & CM9 <- bad bad Cyanogen)

I can compile kernels also debug issues correctly too, I'm not one for saying this or that don't work etc.

The offer is here, take it or leave it, either way, make no difference to me.

Despite what others have claimed I am NOT a XDA Fan boy, I am willing to help other, and seek no reward for doing so.

Although I am part of Galnet's MIUI Team, this off is from me personally, any source or trick's I am allowed access to will be kept in private, I use BitBucket for my Git projects, this allows code to be on the cloud, but kept private.

Guest vikorth

Does anyone know what exactly needs to be done in the kernel for ICS i cant find any documentation. I have the hw accel. in the kernel but it doesnt help it.

Trip, its like shepherd asking sheep to show him the way. At least I am the sheep here. I can understand the feeling when you are close and just need a bit of luck to know the missing link. All I can say is that you will find it and it is just a matter of time. Take a break and that may help. It used to help me when I used to write javascript plugins for Joomla, years ago though. Those were the days when I was "Joomlaprodigy", addicted to javascript. Good luck......and take a break.

Guest steini81

Maybe you should take one or two days off to get some new energy and i'm sure when you start again you will find the and fix the problem in no time.

You gave us a real good and stable rom so nobody will complain if there is no update for 2 days.

Take your time you're smart enough to handle this.

THX again for your awesome job!!

Sent from my Revolver powered Asus Transformer with Tapatalk

Guest TripNRaVeR

I'm not calling you out and saying you are wrong, but did you actually fix it, or is it just including the bravia engine that fixed it for you?

I'd be more than will to help you, (no I don't want to make my own release) buy I would need access to source (Sensation repo's are missing for the Sensation, both for CM7 & CM9 <- bad bad Cyanogen)

I can compile kernels also debug issues correctly too, I'm not one for saying this or that don't work etc.

The offer is here, take it or leave it, either way, make no difference to me.

Despite what others have claimed I am NOT a XDA Fan boy, I am willing to help other, and seek no reward for doing so.

Although I am part of Galnet's MIUI Team, this off is from me personally, any source or trick's I am allowed access to will be kept in private, I use BitBucket for my Git projects, this allows code to be on the cloud, but kept private.

I was the first to introduce Bravia engine for this device so check youre facts.

edit:

It is allready included sinds my first MIUI release and also the first ICS allready has it.

Ps. the one on XDA doesnt work, missing core parts, but if they think they are the real founders if the Bravia engine, let them be.

This also shows that Bravia engine doesnt fix anything, its not that easy ;)

Edited by TripNRaVeR

Guest BummAround

I was the first to introduce Bravia engine for this device so check youre facts.

YOU RULE!

Sorry if this has been asked before, phone runs warm despite max freq lowered & current widget detects much higher ampere while being charged.

Guest TripNRaVeR

YOU RULE!

Sorry if this has been asked before, phone runs warm despite max freq lowered & current widget detects much higher ampere while being charged.

Remove the hwcomposer lib if it is to much for you. I'll release an updated kernel with the latest changes it has improved again, almost no lag anymore. Without the complete hw accel.

Guest vorBeth

edit:

It is allready included sinds my first MIUI release and also the first ICS allready has it.

Ps. the one on XDA doesnt work, missing core parts, but if they think they are the real founders if the Bravia engine, let them be.

This also shows that Bravia engine doesnt fix anything, its not that easy ;)

Fair enough, offer still stands though.

BTW, Maps still causes the odd reboot, will get you a log cat if I can next time.

I have disabled strict inside the build.prop, not that it should make a difference as that's just a way of showing when the CPU is being tasked.

Guest vikorth

Mine is also running a little hot. System tuner at rest with nothing else shows CPU temp 39C.

EDIT: Did not mean to ask for solution as I read in the post above. I was just trying to add myself with the same finding,

Edited by vikorth

Guest luismariscal

Remove the hwcomposer lib if it is to much for you. I'll release an updated kernel with the latest changes it has improved again, almost no lag anymore. Without the complete hw accel.

Mine is also running a little hot. System tuner at rest with nothing else shows CPU temp 39C.

I got these logcat errors when loading the browser from the bookmarks widget. It doesn't happen all of the time but it caused the phone to cold reboot. I hope they can be of use.

D/memalloc( 468): /dev/pmem: Unmapping buffer base:0x4cd55000 size:2088960 offset:0

D/memalloc( 468): /dev/pmem: Unmapping buffer base:0x4d36a000 size:5189632 offset:3100672

D/dalvikvm( 948): GC_FOR_ALLOC freed 136K, 4% free 10299K/10631K, paused 14ms

D/dalvikvm( 948): GC_FOR_ALLOC freed 6K, 4% free 10481K/10823K, paused 14ms

E/libEGL ( 948): call to OpenGL ES API with no current context (logged once per thread)

D/ShaderProgram( 948): couldn't load the vertex shader!

E/libEGL ( 948): call to OpenGL ES API with no current context (logged once per thread)

D/TransferQueue( 948): Now we set the upload to GpuUpload

D/dalvikvm( 948): GC_FOR_ALLOC freed 178K, 5% free 10516K/11015K, paused 17ms

D/WebViewTimersControl( 948): onBrowserActivityResume

D/WebViewTimersControl( 948): Resuming webview timers, view=com.android.browser.BrowserWebView@413f7070

W/BaseUi ( 948): mMainView is already attached to wrapper in attachTabToContentView!

W/BaseUi ( 948): mContainer is already attached to content in attachTabToContentView!

V/NFC ( 948): this device does not have NFC support

Edited by Jack E